SoulMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SoulMS

SoulMS Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Nigguh's Intern Application!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Nigguh
Noob
Noob
Nigguh

Nigguh's Intern Application! Empty
PostSubject: Nigguh's Intern Application!   Nigguh's Intern Application! EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 1:33 am

Name :
Daniel Martins

Where do you live/Timezone:
Ontario , Canada . (GMT-05:00)

How active will you be?:
On school days (Mon-Fri) I can play from about 3PM-1AM, Weekends 11AM-1AM.

E-Mail:
danielm@hotmail.ca

How you'd handle a hacker:
Well, I am not the person that gives any warning to hackers. I would just get a ban hammer and ban them because hacking just ruins any server. However, if they were falsely banned from me, and posted a ban appeal, I would apologize and unban them.

If two people were fighting, what would you do?:
First of all, listen to what the problem is. If it is a problem that I can solve, I'll be definitely solving it and making sure it's fair. However, if I can't solve it, I would jail both of them so they can solve the problems themselves.

Why should we choose you?:
Well, I may not be the BEST GM out there but, I can help other players to the best of my ability such as teaching them how to get to places, or where do we get our job advancements but also I am very friendly and not only helpful. When the server is down for along period of time, I find out a way to make it up to the players for all the downtime. When a problem occurs I will use the best of my ability to figure out a way of how to solve it. If I can not do so I will try to find someone that can or that can teach me how.

Reason I applied:
I want to be a GM in SoulMS because I want this new and fast, growing server to prosper and help new players from all over the world to enjoy and be comfortable for their style in any way. I like helping people, and due to my respectful actions, I have achieved many awards from school for helping out challenged kids. I was also in student leadership and vice president of my secondary school, so I know how to be a positive leader and I have a strong, but soft inner heart.

Summary of yourself:
I’m a pretty okay guy. I like to have fun, follow the rules, and help out people when they want to be helped. I also respect the rules of ANYTHING I do and always do it fairly.

How much mesos/items do you have?(Please provide a screenshot as proof):
Well, I'm pretty poor to be quite honest. I just enjoy giving leech's to people. I don't have the most amazing equips in the server but I think it's pretty decent for a bishop like me .

How often would you be willing to host events for the players?:
Well, I'd want to keep players active. Hosting an event every day sounds fair to me. It'd get allot of people online, Also getting people to vote more to populate the server faster.

Give us examples of some items you would use for prizes for events you host (You have to supply the prizes if no GM will help you give out Soul Points):
We could negotiate until we come to a consideration of a solution or they would have to wait for a GM to come online, and serve their prize.

In game name:
Nigguh

Thank You For Taking The Time To Read My Intern Application
Back to top Go down
Nicksterr
Boss.
Boss.
Nicksterr

PostSubject: Re: Nigguh's Intern Application!   Nigguh's Intern Application! EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 2:21 am

I like this one! Very clean Smile

Might be a bit of a problem considering you're poor and all... Also 1 event a day isn't very much.
Back to top Go down
Nigguh
Noob
Noob
Nigguh

PostSubject: Re: Nigguh's Intern Application!   Nigguh's Intern Application! EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 2:30 am

Aha , Thanks ! I appreciate it .

And i'll try to catch up with my mesos/items. It's just a suggestion, It can be changed at any time . Laughing
Back to top Go down
SoulBot
Boss.
Boss.
SoulBot

PostSubject: Re: Nigguh's Intern Application!   Nigguh's Intern Application! EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 2:37 am

"Give us examples of some items you would use for prizes for events you host (You have to supply the prizes if no GM will help you give out Soul Points):
We could negotiate until we come to a consideration of a solution or they would have to wait for a GM to come online, and serve their prize."

The idea of you hosting events = you giving out prizes.

Not waiting til a GM gets on. That's why I ask people how much mesos/items they have. So that I know whether they can supply the necessary prizes or not.
Back to top Go down
Nigguh
Noob
Noob
Nigguh

PostSubject: Re: Nigguh's Intern Application!   Nigguh's Intern Application! EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 2:50 am

Well, Correct me if i'm wrong . There is a command:

!mesoperson [user] [mesos] - Gives [user] [mesos] mesos.
or
!mesos [number] - Adds [number] mesos to your account.

Aslong as I have these , I can just give the winner mesos ?
Back to top Go down
Hugo
Boss.
Boss.
Hugo

PostSubject: Re: Nigguh's Intern Application!   Nigguh's Intern Application! EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 2:52 am

I think the point in being an intern, and not a GM, is to show how much dedication you are willing to put into holding events, and giving prize. Taking money from your own wallet is the way to show that dedication and how much you want to be an intern, maybe a GM later on. Might be totally wrong though.
Back to top Go down
SoulBot
Boss.
Boss.
SoulBot

PostSubject: Re: Nigguh's Intern Application!   Nigguh's Intern Application! EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 3:03 am

There is no !mesos/!mesoperson or any other simple item/meso/nx commands.

This is to avoid people giving out items etc to their friends.
Thus why I'm allowing 13+ to apply, rather than just 16+.
Back to top Go down
Nigguh
Noob
Noob
Nigguh

PostSubject: Re: Nigguh's Intern Application!   Nigguh's Intern Application! EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 3:15 am

Hugo - The amount of mesos I have shouldn't be overseen by my dedication . I'm sure another solution could be figured out .

Anna - I must be wrong, Sorry. The other option would be to give me things in advance, as in I ask a GM to give me a few Envolopes/GML's , and host an event. Another solution would be to edit a NPC in a private map that we could warp to and get prize's. Like a prize NPC, although it would take some time to do, it would make it easier for interns to host their own events. Then again it doesn't help "This is to avoid people giving out items etc to their friends.".

Last edited by Nigguh on Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SoulBot
Boss.
Boss.
SoulBot

PostSubject: Re: Nigguh's Intern Application!   Nigguh's Intern Application! EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 3:17 am

See, that's the problem. Then you can just take the items for yourself.

Thus interns will not have any way to get any items for free, it's just simply a player character who bans/jails/mutes and hosts events. No way to get items.
Back to top Go down
Nigguh
Noob
Noob
Nigguh

PostSubject: Re: Nigguh's Intern Application!   Nigguh's Intern Application! EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 3:24 am

I'm sure the intern should be playing the role of a GM, not playing 'for myself'.
I'd rather be raiding the server, looking for hackers, fights, people who need help with a problem, or even just relaxin' in the FM. Personally, if I were an Intern I wouldn't be bossing, or training, or anything like that. Thus making it easier for me to host events, by having the trust from the staff.

Back to top Go down
OhIFail
Level 2
Level 2

PostSubject: Re: Nigguh's Intern Application!   Nigguh's Intern Application! EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 3:30 am

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure Anna is asking us to use your own items to see how dedicated you are by giving away your own items as prizes for events. I'm pretty sure GM's and interns are two different things.
Back to top Go down
Nigguh
Noob
Noob
Nigguh

PostSubject: Re: Nigguh's Intern Application!   Nigguh's Intern Application! EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 3:40 am

She's telling me how I can't be given items due to the fact that I would use them as my own advantage. I may not be able to give mesos. But I can sure as hell give support, time, and help to the people of SoulMS. Tell me if i'm wrong or not , but I remember saying "playing the role of a GM" , keywords - Playing the role. Playing a role, doesn't mean they ARE a GM.
Back to top Go down
SoulBot
Boss.
Boss.
SoulBot

PostSubject: Re: Nigguh's Intern Application!   Nigguh's Intern Application! EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 3:58 am

There are GM's and there are Interns. Interns play the role of interns, whereas GM's play the role of GM's.
GM's are people who DO NOT have a chance to play the game with that character, and had to suffer losing their main characters for their GM position. Being able to make items/give yourself NX/mesos for the loss of your own character.
Intern = Someone who gets some commands to casually host events with the server, while banning any hacker they may come across, and being able to mute spammers etc. But keeps their own playing character.

Interns are people who aren't yet trusted by the staff. I'm not one who easily trusts people, again, that's why the new age limit is 13 for Interns, because they can't just simply fuck around with a simple Intern account.
Back to top Go down
Nigguh
Noob
Noob
Nigguh

PostSubject: Re: Nigguh's Intern Application!   Nigguh's Intern Application! EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 4:12 am

That's very true. I do understand that trust needs to be earned at this point. Thank-You for explaining it to me, I appreciate it. I guess there isn't much left for me to say, i'm not a rich one to be talking, but. I can offer my skills, time, and help to everyone at the server.

I'll just have to hope for the best at this point.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nigguh's Intern Application!   Nigguh's Intern Application! Empty

Back to top Go down

Nigguh's Intern Application!
Page 1 of 1