SoulMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SoulMS

SoulMS Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

GM's getting regular players.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
PB&Jaymee
Level 4
Level 4
PB&Jaymee

GM's getting regular players. Empty
PostSubject: GM's getting regular players.   GM's getting regular players. EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 4:15 am

First of all, I'd like to say I have not applied for a GM app.

When I first played Soul, I was quite curious about this question, "Do the GM's have regular players?" Later on I found out from Dwee(Crook), that all GM's were NOT allowed to have regular players. I think this is a silly rule amongst the GM's. And I'm just giving my opinion/suggestion.

• Here are the basic facts of becoming a GM. I'm not sure why every single kid on the planet feels the need to have authority in a game and rush into applying in the hopes of becoming a GM. You're blinded by the fame and attention a GM gets, as well as power. Well. This seems like 75% of most applications that I see. Probably shouldn't be applied to Soul because it's "brand new... ly wiped." and it probably doesn't matter if someone is applying even though they've only played for a week or two.

• ^ Okay that wasn't really a reason. But it's leading to my point. So HUZZAH. You've become a GM. YAY. You're so friggin` happy and so is everyone else for you. Now you're all spiffy and decked out in your shiny blue font & WhiteBG'd text.. as well as a GM hat, and other numerous items. And you're getting a lot of spam. But your happy meter is over the moon and you don't give a flipper. You happily answer back with all the optimism a fresh out of a box GM has.

• ^ Okay.. still not my point. But here we are! Two, three days later, an active GM job probably starts to get on your nerves. You're tired of the same, stupid questions that could probably be answered by @help or other players. You're tired of the BS hate you get from immature players. You're tired of people demanding events, items, whatever else from you. Speaking as a pretty God darn patient person, it WILL get to you. Sooner or later. Maybe you'll miss being an actual player and doing things with your friends.. who aren't GM's. You're not allowed to fancy them and shower them with items or buffs. You'll probably spend most of your time sitting. And sitting. And answering questions. And sitting. Host an event or two and get pissed off because players don't seem to understand English screw around and you can't seduce them fast enough while you're explaining the rules. And sitting. Anyways. I'm guessing your brains will be highly fried by the time you reach month 1.

• It would. Be. So nice. To have a regular character. I'm not sure why the head of the staff doesn't want GM's to have regular players. But my guessing is probably.. :
    1. Ohnoes. You guys are going to FUND YOURSELVES. imo, GM characters should be on a separate account that an ADMIN makes so they can follow that account. Make sure there are no other characters in that account other than the GM. Plus if you found out Stoven was funding players, this part should be easy and I won't have to explain databaseness.

2. You'll be more active on your regular player than GM and work won't get done! Here's a pro tip on something like this. SoulMS isn't ready for part time GM's. With GM's mass quitting and all you've got are interns, it's probably not a good idea for my suggestion to be in place. HOWEVER, the community is still small. You aren't impressing fish sticks with your impressive 65 players online. Sure with only two GM's(And one is pretty much imo an admin) & two interns, my suggestion will be flushed down the silly willeh toilet. BUUUT. BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT. BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUttocksUUUUT. Your friendly, bubbly GM's won't continue to sparkle and shine without getting breaks. And I don't know. I guess it depends on the person and whether or not they have a social life(NOT JUDGIN`). But if they'd rather be online with a community like Soul without getting spammed, pressured, etc, it's better for them to have a separate account/regular character where they can RELAX and not esplode after an hour of being online. LIKEOMFGAGMINFMLAHH! sotheFUCKwhat? );< THIIISSS WAY, your GM will always be bubbly and not about to blow their God darn brains out. ^______^

.. Uh. I think that's all I'm going to say right now. My brain just farted and I'm going to bed. I'll add more to this tomorrow night.. ish. But I'm sure I got most of my points down.

If it's TL&yaDR, screw you lazy butt. Don't post on my topic then about you QQing about it being too longgg.

Back to top Go down
Vigen
Level 3
Level 3
Vigen

PostSubject: Re: GM's getting regular players.   GM's getting regular players. EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 10:22 am

Pre-wipe, all GMs were allowed a player character or two after a month of being promoted to GM. The character was made on a different account, which Anna had access to (username and password). She checked vigilantly every few days to make sure we didn't squirrel away funds for ourselves. The player characters themselves were always intern level so they had some functionality on the side.

Good idea.
Back to top Go down
Inebriated
Level 5
Level 5
Inebriated

PostSubject: Re: GM's getting regular players.   GM's getting regular players. EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 3:01 pm

I'm all for bringing this idea back, even though I'm not even a GM anymore.

Quite honestly, people are fucking annoying. Being on a character purely for the sake of dealing with kids asking you for events, levels and items is boring.

Plus, the GM-player characters were interns anyway, so they could still have a certain degree of ability to regulate the game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GM's getting regular players.   GM's getting regular players. Empty

Back to top Go down

GM's getting regular players.
Page 1 of 1