SoulMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SoulMS

SoulMS Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ideas by tjay?

Go down 
+2
SoulBot
Tjay
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Tjay
Level 2
Level 2
Tjay

Ideas by tjay? Empty
PostSubject: Ideas by tjay?   Ideas by tjay? EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 4:38 am

Well not so much me becuase a lot of these are probably already suggested.
*More ways of obtaining nx besides voting, that's really irritating.
*Or Multiple sites to vote on, each give a reward.
*Occupations?
*Rebirth? , theres no rebirth so theres no point after 200 to play, i've gotten two characters past 140 in 2 days so in about a week, its not gonna be fun.
*Let pot scrolls drop from mobs at a rate such ass chaos scrolls or lower?.
*Boss pq? Worked quite well in other servers I've played(exp/rewards)
*Achievements? I known I've seen that on another thread before.
*More active Gms? Or at least more talkative?
*Item makerrr, yess this would be so nice to be able to forge weapons from collecting items such as,
Above stat timeless weps / other items , 300 iron from Mutaes , some time peices, mesos , and a few marks For example.
(not only timeless/reverse.)

And i'll add moree to it when im done<3
Back to top Go down
SoulBot
Boss.
Boss.
SoulBot

Ideas by tjay? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas by tjay?   Ideas by tjay? EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 4:50 am

*no
*no
*no
*no
*no
*no
*we'll see
*Can't hire any til I get the proper command from the owner who will be on this weekend.
*no
Back to top Go down
malikhind
Level 4
Level 4

Ideas by tjay? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas by tjay?   Ideas by tjay? EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 9:48 am

People really need to learn what coding is.

It takes AWHILE to get stuff like that and code it into the server and make sure its not glitch'd

Back to top Go down
http://SoulMS.net
Tjay
Level 2
Level 2
Tjay

Ideas by tjay? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas by tjay?   Ideas by tjay? EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 3:25 pm

malikhind wrote:
People really need to learn what coding is.

It takes AWHILE to get stuff like that and code it into the server and make sure its not glitch'd

It's not about knowing what coding is, if you're gonna have a server this big wouldn't you have a coder that can at least do basic?, most of the stuff I listed was basic besides maker and skill based addings.
And make sure it's not glitched? you have over 100 players a day on at once to test it lmao.
Back to top Go down
Tjay
Level 2
Level 2
Tjay

Ideas by tjay? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas by tjay?   Ideas by tjay? EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 3:26 pm

Anna wrote:
*no
*no
*no
*no
*no
*no
*we'll see
*Can't hire any til I get the proper command from the owner who will be on this weekend.
*no

Dayum, rejectedd... All these would make the server so much better!, but haha allrightt thennn ;]
Back to top Go down
Nicksterr
Boss.
Boss.
Nicksterr

Ideas by tjay? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas by tjay?   Ideas by tjay? EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 3:55 pm

Tjay wrote:
Anna wrote:
*no
*no
*no
*no
*no
*no
*we'll see
*no

Dayum, rejectedd... All these would make the server so much better!, but haha allrightt thennn ;]

Hmm, quite wrong actually.

*More ways to earn nx would reduce the amount of voting and thus we'd lose rank in the Gtop. Therefore losing advertisement = less players.
*Not possible in v88.
*At level 200 hitting max cap isn't hard, rebirthing would be useless since you can't hit over the dmg cap. And besides, due to some Evan bug rebirthing is impossible in v88.
*I don't quite know what you mean here..but i think it's making potions drop at a higher rate? If it's that there is no point, full elixirs are sold for 2.5k, that's nothing. No need for any other pots. If it's increasing the drop rate of chaos scrolls, still no. It would not help the economy in any way.
*Boss events are already being held once in a while, except it's up to us whether we want to hold them or not, when we ask what event people want to do the majority says JQ, therefore Boss events are rare.
*I also think it's not so bad but we will see if Johny wants to make time for it.
*Anna answered this one, there are currently 2 people that I'm quite sure of that are becoming GM's.
*You can get above avg timeless weapons already. As for the rest, i don't think it's possible in v88

There, i cleared some things up, hopefully correctly.
Back to top Go down
Inebriated
Level 5
Level 5
Inebriated

Ideas by tjay? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas by tjay?   Ideas by tjay? EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 4:13 pm

Nicksterr wrote:
Tjay wrote:
Anna wrote:
*no
*no
*no
*no
*no
*no
*we'll see
*no

Hmm, quite wrong actually.

*More ways to earn nx would reduce the amount of voting and thus we'd lose rank in the Gtop. Therefore losing advertisement = less players.
Not necessarily. Just keep voting the simplest way of getting your hands on NX - considering it takes all of 10 seconds, I'd guess that wouldn't be too hard to do. It's not like you'd see a huge decline in voting (if at all, seeing as how with cubes and such being needed, I'd imagine people would want as much NX as possible) if you were able to trade in certain things for NX or other such means.
*Not possible in v88.
That's a shame, though considering it's a private server with godly potentials flying every which way, occupations would be for the most part useless anyway.
*At level 200 hitting max cap isn't hard, rebirthing would be useless since you can't hit over the dmg cap. And besides, due to some Evan bug rebirthing is impossible in v88.
Rebirthing is trash anyway.
*I don't quite know what you mean here..but i think it's making potions drop at a higher rate? If it's that there is no point, full elixirs are sold for 2.5k, that's nothing. No need for any other pots. If it's increasing the drop rate of chaos scrolls, still no. It would not help the economy in any way.
Pretty sure this idea was in reference to potential scrolls, not potions.
*Boss events are already being held once in a while, except it's up to us whether we want to hold them or not, when we ask what event people want to do the majority says JQ, therefore Boss events are rare.
Boss PQ =/= Boss Event. Unless you meant that you were opposed to the idea of implementing a boss PQ in the first place.
*I also think it's not so bad but we will see if Johny wants to make time for it.
Achievements are really annoying, idgaf that someone hit 10k damage.
*Anna answered this one, there are currently 2 people that I'm quite sure of that are becoming GM's.
*You can get above avg timeless weapons already. As for the rest, i don't think it's possible in v88

There, i cleared some things up, hopefully correctly.

My two cents on some of what you said. I think a lot of what was rejected would actually be okay, but hey, not my decision.
Back to top Go down
SoulBot
Boss.
Boss.
SoulBot

Ideas by tjay? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas by tjay?   Ideas by tjay? EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 4:58 pm

Cubes make NX too op as it is, and in all honesty I was considering requesting that the owner lower the amount of NX received per vote because of how OP cubes are.

People solo bosses etc no problem due to the simplicity and ease that is cubing. It's easy to get them, easy to buy them from other people, and stupidly easy to get good items.
Back to top Go down
Inebriated
Level 5
Level 5
Inebriated

Ideas by tjay? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas by tjay?   Ideas by tjay? EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 5:02 pm

Anna wrote:
Cubes make NX too op as it is, and in all honesty I was considering requesting that the owner lower the amount of NX received per vote because of how OP cubes are.

People solo bosses etc no problem due to the simplicity and ease that is cubing. It's easy to get them, easy to buy them from other people, and stupidly easy to get good items.

Ah, that's understandable then, I suppose.

I haven't been on this server very long, so I wasn't quite sure how much of an impact cubes were having on the gameplay of the server. However, I guess it's expected that something already OP'd on gMS would only be even more so on a private server. I was just basing it off past experience, because I personally don't usually make a big deal out of stats or damage on the official server, let alone private servers, but I do buy ridiculous amounts of NX clothes and smegas out of pure boredom. Razz

If you believe that cubes are ridiculously OP given the current NX rate (and seeing the amount of 27% items when I went on earlier today, I can understand why), I'd think it would be better to somehow put limitations on how much you can cube something within a given period, rather than impose a blanket limitation on every single NX item through slashing the rate. Contrary to the belief of power-hungry kiddos, cubes aren't the only things you can buy in the Cash Shop.
Back to top Go down
Nicksterr
Boss.
Boss.
Nicksterr

Ideas by tjay? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas by tjay?   Ideas by tjay? EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 5:22 pm

Trust me, allowing people to make a decent enough amount of NX in any way other than NX will cut back the amount of voting. Keeping it the only way to earn NX is what forces people to vote. Earning extra is a lot different from earning anything at all.

And yeah extra NX = extra godly items. And there are already enough. I have said this in another topic a while back but the last thing we want is people dropping 27% luk earrings just because they have too many of them.

Putting a limit on how many times you can cube something seems highly impossible, note: I don't code so I am not 100% sure but I have been in the environment and from my knowledge that is improbable.

The other things you didn't agree upon:

Potential scrolls, pretty much the same reason as above, low amounts make them more attractive and keeps up a price range rather than dropping them because there are too many.

And finally as for the boss pq, I don't see a point in the hours it will take coding a npc and this pq just so people can get to bosses more quickly and earn something on top of it. When you kill 100 BF's you earn a medal with 50att. That seems like a reward enough. Not that killing any boss in this server is hard. Therefore it would be pointless to give rewards. lvl 160+ is devoted to killing bosses, earning something for it other than what the boss drops and the exp gained seems too much.
Back to top Go down
malikhind
Level 4
Level 4

Ideas by tjay? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas by tjay?   Ideas by tjay? EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 6:12 pm

Nicksterr wrote:
Trust me, allowing people to make a decent enough amount of NX in any way other than NX will cut back the amount of voting. Keeping it the only way to earn NX is what forces people to vote. Earning extra is a lot different from earning anything at all.

And yeah extra NX = extra godly items. And there are already enough. I have said this in another topic a while back but the last thing we want is people dropping 27% luk earrings just because they have too many of them.

Putting a limit on how many times you can cube something seems highly impossible, note: I don't code so I am not 100% sure but I have been in the environment and from my knowledge that is improbable.

The other things you didn't agree upon:

Potential scrolls, pretty much the same reason as above, low amounts make them more attractive and keeps up a price range rather than dropping them because there are too many.

And finally as for the boss pq, I don't see a point in the hours it will take coding a npc and this pq just so people can get to bosses more quickly and earn something on top of it. When you kill 100 BF's you earn a medal with 50att. That seems like a reward enough. Not that killing any boss in this server is hard. Therefore it would be pointless to give rewards. lvl 160+ is devoted to killing bosses, earning something for it other than what the boss drops and the exp gained seems too much.

Its possible but you will need the actual MapleStory coding experts
Back to top Go down
iitommy
Noob
Noob

Ideas by tjay? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas by tjay?   Ideas by tjay? EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 2:47 am

i think nx is good as it is right now...8k nx = 6 cubes 1 vote 7 the next thats if you only buy cubes, people that have mules with loads of nx it's unfair though for those with only 1 account a reduction in nx would be unfair for them Sad.
Back to top Go down
malikhind
Level 4
Level 4

Ideas by tjay? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas by tjay?   Ideas by tjay? EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 9:26 am

iitommy wrote:
i think nx is good as it is right now...8k nx = 6 cubes 1 vote 7 the next thats if you only buy cubes, people that have mules with loads of nx it's unfair though for those with only 1 account a reduction in nx would be unfair for them Sad.

Dont forget the extra 5k if u trade a VP in
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ideas by tjay? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas by tjay?   Ideas by tjay? Empty

Back to top Go down

Ideas by tjay?
Page 1 of 1