SoulMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SoulMS

SoulMS Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Aran Skill problems

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dreamer
Noob
Noob

Aran Skill problems  Empty
PostSubject: Aran Skill problems    Aran Skill problems  EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 7:32 pm

Hello, this is my first post and it would be about Aran skill problems. Many of you already know that some Aran skills don't work to their full extent. Examples would be that snow charge doesn't slow down monsters, body pressure doesn't "stun" and rebuffs itself on contact, and combo tempest doesn't freeze monsters. These problems are easily manageable and aren't really important, and I never use tempest anyway. However, there are two glitches that I would like to talk about, and I hope the solution to them can be found easily and quickly by the coder.

First would be combo barrier. I have just recently maxed this skill as it is the only party skill that Arans have, and thought that it would be beneficial to have it while bossing with a party. However, much to my dismay, I also just recently discovered that it doesn't work. The amount of damage DISPLAYED is 20% lower than usual, however, the ACTUAL amount of damage you take is still normal. For example, after I use combo barrier, the damage i take displayed changed from normally around 2500 to around 2000. However, the amount of HP I lose is still around 2500. Normally this isn't a problem when I'm training at skelegons, since combo drain just fills my HP back up, but in a world where Hyper Body is as rare as it gets, combo barrier is extremely important when facing high damage output bosses. Combo barrier definitely means the difference between being one-shotted and two shotted when facing bigfoot, who usually deals 10k-11k. I'm hoping that the solution to this is simple, and the coder can just quickly tweak the damage, but if not, then we Arans will just have to learn to deal with it.

This second problem is a lot more situational and also normally isn't troubling, but as I get higher leveled, this problem becomes more apparent. This problem is about how combo drain gives Arans the ability to have more HP than their maximum amount, usually around 9-11% more than their max HP. To others this sounds like a great perk, having 10% more HP than you should, but in reality this isn't true. There is a coding in Maplestory that monitors your hp, X/Y (where X is your current HP and Y is your maximum HP). When it realizes that X is greater than Y, at the next shift in your HP, it will make X equal to Y. Normally the next shift in your HP will come in the form of damage. The real problem is that it will make X equal to Y the INSTANT before you take the damage. For example, I'm buffed with combo drain and now my HP is 10009/9102. If I were to get hit by a snail for 1 damage, the program will make my hp 9102, then apply the snail damage. So after I get hit by the snail I will have 9101/9102. The real issue however, is bosses that have to ability to 1/1 you. The damage formula for a 1/1 is X-1, so your HP after a 1/1 should be equal to 1, since you just took your current HP minus 1. But if my HP was 10009/9102, I would take 10008 damage. But because of the coding that makes my HP equal to my max right before i take the damage, a 1/1 will actually kill me. My hp would be 9102/9102 right before taking the 10008 damage, resulting in my death. Overall this isn't a problem, since power elixirs are only 2.5k each, but I'm just hoping that the coder just takes some time to look into this.

Thank you for reading and I hope the management of SoulMS will consider looking into this (if they haven't already).
Back to top Go down

Aran Skill problems
Page 1 of 1