SoulMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SoulMS

SoulMS Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Potential / Tom's GM and Coder Application

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
wasted_potential
Noob
Noob

Potential / Tom's GM and Coder Application Empty
PostSubject: Potential / Tom's GM and Coder Application   Potential / Tom's GM and Coder Application EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 10:38 pm

Potential / Tom's GM and Coder Application 1293905939ca35865f

What are you applying for: I am applying for a GM position with coding as my objective.

Name : Tomas (Tom) P.W Farmer

Where do you live/Timezone: I live in Vancouver, (GMT-08:00) Pacific Time(US & Canada)

How active will you be: On daily, 3-4 hours as I got alot of free time

E-Mail: tomas.farmer@gmail.com Facebook: Tomas Farmer PSN: Wasted_Potentcy

Hobbies : I like Soccer, favourite team is Manchester United. I also like travelling to new places

How you'd handle a hacker : I would stalk them (in hide). Record them hacking with fraps (evidence) and then proceed to banning the guilty party.

If two people were fighting, what would you do? : Take them to a secluded map, ask them for both sides of the argument and then try to figure out a solution. Anything personal, to take it somewhere where we don't get caught in the middle of it. If problem is KSing, will tell the KSer to change channel or face jail.

How many servers have you been a GM/Admin in?(list them): I have been a GM in IceyStory as well as their only coder. Left after a change in ownership.

Why should we choose you: A GM of a server, should be a person with a strong will to do good, as well as have a good sense of pride having the weight of the server on their back, they also have to have a good sense of humour, alittle sense of humour goes a long way in society. They should also be stern and to not let others take advantage of their generiousity. I feel that I have all the traits that a GM should put forward.

Reason i applied: To give back to a community that open it's arms to welcome me, having people go through to help me. I also want the community to witness new things that they have never seen with the coding I can do, new events quests etc.

Summary of yourself : I am born in Britain, and yes I do have an English accent. Born to a mother who is SIngaporean Chinese and a dad who is Italian English, you can call me very diversed. Grew up in Hong Kong for 3 years, then moved to Malaysia for 9 years. And finally onto Vancouver for the last 4 years of my life. I speak English, and am learning Spanish as well as mandarin. As I lived in Hong Kong for a cpuple years of my life, I can understand a fair amount of Catonese. Anther year of school before I move on to University. I am looking forward to it alot.

Extra Info: I adore helping people out, in my free time I volunteer at local events. I currently work as a soccer referee, my only source of pocket money. I am also currently working on the Gold Duke of Edinburgh Award. My leadership qualities are good, leading my soccer team to 18-2 season and onto the playoffs.

How long does it take for the earth to go around the sun?: According to my calculations around 365 days. Laughing

In game name: Potential (Alot of positive feedback on the name. cheers

(For Coders only) Can you Java code? :
If so please supply examples of what you've coded. (The actual code or screenshots of the thing you made.)

Yes I can.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Simple questions. (1-2 word replies please)
1.Do you know the players/staff well enough to be chosen?(This doesn't mean have you met the GMs/spoken to them once. Do you actually KNOW them. Please stop writing "Yes" when none of us know you. Thank you): IGN Wise (Maybe)

2.Have you been on Soul MS long enough to deserve a GM position: Quite Sure.

3.Do you help players any chance you get: Every chance possible.

4.Are you of the age that is required to apply(if no you might as well delete this app now): Yes.

5.Please specify exactly(or around) how long you have been playing Soul MS: 2-3 weeks )

Thought I would end on a picture of my soccer team (School team), and I am the one next to the coach (top left 2nd from end)

Potential / Tom's GM and Coder Application 36150_13

Last edited by wasted_potential on Sat Jan 01, 2011 2:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
wasted_potential
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: Potential / Tom's GM and Coder Application   Potential / Tom's GM and Coder Application EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 10:42 pm

If anyone knows how to edit spoilers. Just PM me, in preview it is perfect but when I post it gets funny.
Back to top Go down
Savior
Level 5
Level 5

PostSubject: Re: Potential / Tom's GM and Coder Application   Potential / Tom's GM and Coder Application EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 2:55 am

1-2 words for the sample questions =]
Back to top Go down
wasted_potential
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: Potential / Tom's GM and Coder Application   Potential / Tom's GM and Coder Application EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 3:29 am

Savior wrote:
1-2 words for the sample questions =]

Woops, thanks for the heads-up. *Edited*
Back to top Go down
SoulBot
Boss.
Boss.
SoulBot

PostSubject: Re: Potential / Tom's GM and Coder Application   Potential / Tom's GM and Coder Application EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 4:48 am

Make it unique.

I'm not hiring anyone I barely even know if their application doesn't stand out a lot to me.
Back to top Go down
wasted_potential
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: Potential / Tom's GM and Coder Application   Potential / Tom's GM and Coder Application EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 2:17 am

Sorry Anna, am on holiday currently... will edit this ASAP... when I am home. Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Potential / Tom's GM and Coder Application   Potential / Tom's GM and Coder Application Empty

Back to top Go down

Potential / Tom's GM and Coder Application
Page 1 of 1