SoulMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SoulMS

SoulMS Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

MAH GM APPLICATION

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
xdawnedx
Level 2
Level 2

MAH GM APPLICATION Empty
PostSubject: MAH GM APPLICATION   MAH GM APPLICATION EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 2:21 am

Welcome to my simple GM application!

What are you applying for:
I'm applying for the Game Master job. Very Happy

Name :
Tyler Connolly

I'm TECHNICALLY 16 years old. In all honesty however, I was born september 10th, 1995. So albeit, that is 16 years (1995 - 2011) I'm only 15. I do hope this one detail won't harm my application, make some other detail ruin it.

Where do you live/Timezone:
British columbia, canada. PST.

How active will you be:
It entirely depends on my job. Some weeks I'll work 7 4 hour shifts, others I'll work 2 8 hour shifts.. I'm also starting up a meso selling/powerleveling buisiness (not adveritising.) So I may be working there as well. I'll try and be as active as possible though.

E-Mail:
Tylerconnolly1@hotmail.com

Hobbies :
Working, working, working, mapling, chillin' with friends.

How you'd handle a hacker :
I'd jail the hacker, or some other method of removing the hacker from any possibilities of running. Explain to the hacker that private servers are already easy enough to level and hacking them is useless as the GMs are more active here than in GMS. I'd let the hacker know that if he insists on hacking maplestory to do it on GMS as it can be both profitable and enjoyable. As having a level 160 on GMS is something to be proud of. Then I would tell him I'm gonna have to ban him now, and ban him.

There is a reason I'd be extremely polite to hackers. I personally am a hacker, although private servers are my safe haven away from hacks. I'm entirely involved in the hacking communities and understand that 90% of hackers are respectable people and deserve my time of day, and some valid advice.

If two people were fighting, what would you do? :
I'd listen into the fight, and try my best to solve the fight, no matter how juvenile it may be.

How many servers have you been a GM/Admin in?(list them):
I've been a GM in a single server although I forget the name. You must get this a lot, so I'll accept 0 servers.

Why should we choose you:
You really shouldn't. I don't know the players, or admins/GMs..

Reason i applied:
I was bored and enjoy a leadership title. Not that I just like the title. I enjoy being that guy on the top, having the power. I don't abuse it or anything. I just enjoy having power, not wasting power.

Summary of yourself :
I'm a nerd (seriously. Had the chance to skip two grades, but I decided not to). I know a bit of programming, although I wouldn't be able to conquer something as great as a private server. I'm on the lower end of the autism spectrum, with aspergers. I have very few friends in real life, but the few I have are great friends I plan on having for many years to come.

I'm far too mature for my age, and I'm not just saying that. It comes with my aspergers, as I've grown up to quickly and had very little sense of humour for the first 14 years of my life.

I can type about 110 WPM, and I'm a money hoar. I LOVE money.

Extra Info:
Nothing, aside from Kristine got this next question wrong in her GM app example.

Oh, and I only had about 15 minutes to write this before going to sleep so I'm gonna add some colour and what-have-you tomorrow morning. If only the colour is making you say no, then wait till I colour it to deny it. Very Happy

How long does it take for the earth to go around the sun?:
365.25 days. (this is why every 4 years theres an extra day)

In game name:
0x64 < Might be changing to 01000101
Or possibly 0x45 maybe XDaWNeDX. Still indescicive as to which IGN to use.

(For Coders only) Can you Java code? :
If so please supply examples of what you've coded. (The actual code or screenshots of the thing you made.)
*Can you code in java.
*If so, please supply examples of your code. (The actual code or screenshots of what you've made.)

Sorry, I'm a grammar nazi.

Thank you.

Simple questions. (1-2 word replies please)
1.Do you know the players/staff well enough to be chosen?(This doesn't mean have you met the GMs/spoken to them once. Do you actually KNOW them. Please stop writing "Yes" when none of us know you. Thank you):
Nope.

2.Have you been on Soul MS long enough to deserve a GM position:
No.

3.Do you help players any chance you get:
Normally, yes.

4.Are you of the age that is required to apply(if no you might as well delete this app now):
Technically, yes.

5.Please specify exactly(or around) how long you have been playing Soul MS:
10 hours

Thanks for your time, I hope you've enjoyed my GM application

Last edited by xdawnedx on Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:36 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nicksterr
Boss.
Boss.
Nicksterr

MAH GM APPLICATION Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAH GM APPLICATION   MAH GM APPLICATION EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 11:09 am

Quote :
I'm TECHNICALLY 16 years old. In all honesty however, I was born september 10th, 1995. So albeit, that is 16 years (1995 - 2011) I'm only 15. I do hope this one detail won't harm my application, make some other detail ruin it.

Are you retarded? You are either 16 or you are not, In this case you are not. I remember going to a bar once on my friend's birthday the day before she turned 18, she wasn't allowed in. Hope that answers it for you.
Back to top Go down
xdawnedx
Level 2
Level 2

MAH GM APPLICATION Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAH GM APPLICATION   MAH GM APPLICATION EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 11:51 am

Nicksterr wrote:
Quote :

Are you retarded? You are either 16 or you are not, In this case you are not. I remember going to a bar once on my friend's birthday the day before she turned 18, she wasn't allowed in. Hope that answers it for you.

This isn't a bar. And I'm 16 years old, if I really wished I could've said I was 16 and passed as 16 as my birthday's in about 7/8 months. But I decided to take an honest route and see what happens. I could care less about the outcome of this APP. I simply wanted to see how it'd go.
Back to top Go down
Nicksterr
Boss.
Boss.
Nicksterr

MAH GM APPLICATION Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAH GM APPLICATION   MAH GM APPLICATION EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 11:59 am

Lol at your attitude about this. I am too tired to bother arguing with you therefore I will simply say good luck.
Back to top Go down
xdawnedx
Level 2
Level 2

MAH GM APPLICATION Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAH GM APPLICATION   MAH GM APPLICATION EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 12:07 pm

Nicksterr wrote:
Lol at your attitude about this. I am too tired to bother arguing with you therefore I will simply say good luck.
Alrighty then. Not sure where I had attitude, but thank you.
Back to top Go down
Nicksterr
Boss.
Boss.
Nicksterr

MAH GM APPLICATION Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAH GM APPLICATION   MAH GM APPLICATION EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 12:30 pm

Ok well i'll consider this constructive criticism and not arguing so i'll explain to you here where your attitude failed.

The idea of saying you could have simply lied about your actual age shows nothing but immaturity and gives an untrustworthy note to your characteristics. Now, you should have kept that to yourself, instead, you decided to be honest about being able to turn deceitful without even blinking an eye which shows you can betray someone or something without so much as a shrug.

Now, the example I gave with the whole "going to a bar scene" was just a simple scenario. Let me put it like this: When you meet a new friend and they ask your age, what do you say? I hope you realize that if you say 16, you're lying. You're turning 16 yes, but you haven't lived a full 16 years. I don't even know why I need to explain this because it all seems very self explanatory...

If you didn't care about the outcome of this application why did you feel the need to post it in the first place, and on top of that explain the notes about your age. Writing that is just a way to hide your feelings behind an impenetrable wall and put on this facade like nobody can get to you. Well I hope I am right now.

Those last few questions are "1-2 words ONLY" it's not a recommendation, it's a rule. I know it's hard to follow without giving a proper explication but i suggest writing whatever you want to write there in the "extra info" part.

Lastly, yes you can switch the questions out of order, just make sure they're all answered.

There, I hope I answered some things as non hostile and explicable as possible.
Back to top Go down
xdawnedx
Level 2
Level 2

MAH GM APPLICATION Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAH GM APPLICATION   MAH GM APPLICATION EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 12:40 pm

Anybody could lie about it. Many do. Actions speak louder than words.

I say I'm 15 turnin 16, sometimes I'll say 16. When people ask me how long I've been working at this tim hortons I work at, while its only been 3 years 8 months, I still say 4 years, and it's not a lie.

I decided to go ahead and make the app, just to see the outcome of it.

Because I would love to have a higher power, being able to do MORE then what I can now. I don't care about the outcome, but do want to try. I don't hide my feelings behind an impenetrable wall. I just don't express them as well as I should, because of my autistic disability.

Ahh, I see, I didn't recognize it as a RULE per-se. And alright, thanks I've almost finished adding the colours and I'll be sure to rearrange the questions later I suppose.
Back to top Go down
Nicksterr
Boss.
Boss.
Nicksterr

MAH GM APPLICATION Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAH GM APPLICATION   MAH GM APPLICATION EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 12:57 pm

Like you said, sometimes you'll say you're 16 when in fact you are not. AKA lying. It's not a big deal with random strangers but this is a community you're trying to become a part of and a responsible part at that. Lying isn't exactly the best way to start something like this.

Back to top Go down
xdawnedx
Level 2
Level 2

MAH GM APPLICATION Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAH GM APPLICATION   MAH GM APPLICATION EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 12:58 pm

Nicksterr wrote:
Like you said, sometimes you'll say you're 16 when in fact you are not. AKA lying. It's not a big deal with random strangers but this is a community you're trying to become a part of and a responsible part at that. Lying isn't exactly the best way to start something like this.

Well, have I lied yet? No, I simply said I could've stated I was 16. But I didn't, so until I HAVE lied, don't be accusing me of a liar. IF I do lie, you can go ahead and flame me as much as you'd like.

And I only say I'm 16 if shes HAWT. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nicksterr
Boss.
Boss.
Nicksterr

MAH GM APPLICATION Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAH GM APPLICATION   MAH GM APPLICATION EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 1:06 pm

I'm not flaming you nor did I call you a liar. I simply said lying isn't a good way to start off playing with this community. You seem very comfortable with the notion and that's not exactly a good sign.
Back to top Go down
xdawnedx
Level 2
Level 2

MAH GM APPLICATION Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAH GM APPLICATION   MAH GM APPLICATION EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 1:36 pm

Nicksterr wrote:
I'm not flaming you nor did I call you a liar. I simply said lying isn't a good way to start off playing with this community. You seem very comfortable with the notion and that's not exactly a good sign.

I'm not saying you're flaming me. I'm saying go ahead when and if I do lie. I very rarely lie, and when I do, it's about little things that have no importance. Everybody lies, it's best to admit that then to have another lie saying you don't lie. If somebody asks me something, I answer it honestly. That's that.

Why would I be upset over the fact I can lie? Everybody can and will lie. Be it about your age, such as the WWI, MANY men lied about their age to get in. Or about something far less important, such as brushing your teeth before bed.

If you have nothing positive to say, then I ask you to say NOTHING at all. Thank you, enjoy your day.

P.S that was a rhetorical question in the second paragraph.
Back to top Go down
Nicksterr
Boss.
Boss.
Nicksterr

MAH GM APPLICATION Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAH GM APPLICATION   MAH GM APPLICATION EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 1:49 pm

I have nothing positive to say because there is nothing positive about this. You say you are technically 16 just to try and get around the age limit. If you were any other age other than 15 you would not have created such a fuss around it and stated your age for the amount of achieved years that it is. Not for the amount of years it is going to be within the current year.

It shouldn't even be discussed about, you are not 16 therefore you are not eligible.
Back to top Go down
xdawnedx
Level 2
Level 2

MAH GM APPLICATION Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAH GM APPLICATION   MAH GM APPLICATION EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 1:51 pm

Nicksterr wrote:
I have nothing positive to say because there is nothing positive about this. You say you are technically 16 just to try and get around the age limit. If you were any other age other than 15 you would not have created such a fuss around it and stated your age for the amount of achieved years that it is. Not for the amount of years it is going to be within the current year.

It shouldn't even be discussed about, you are not 16 therefore you are not eligible.

OK, well then let somebody deny me. No need to come in here and spam up my APP.

If theres nothing positive to say about it, then nothing should be said at all.

If I am denied, then so be it.
If I am accepted, yippee. I get to be a GM.

Did I know this had a 99% chance of being denied when I made it? Yes, of course I did. I still made it anyway, not because I'm an ignorant idiot, but rather because I'd like to see whether or not I'd make it. Just to see the outcome, and enjoy the server either way.

Again, if you have nothing positive to say, say nothing at all.

Last edited by xdawnedx on Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nicksterr
Boss.
Boss.
Nicksterr

MAH GM APPLICATION Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAH GM APPLICATION   MAH GM APPLICATION EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 1:54 pm

Anna will deny it when she comes on. Unless she wants to fuck with me and leave this open..

I am not spamming your application, all my posts are relevant to your application and being part of this community I am allowed to voice my own opinions about it whether they be positive or negative.
Back to top Go down
xdawnedx
Level 2
Level 2

MAH GM APPLICATION Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAH GM APPLICATION   MAH GM APPLICATION EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 1:56 pm

Nicksterr wrote:
Anna will deny it when she comes on. Unless she wants to fuck with me and leave this open..

I am not spamming your application, all my posts are relevant to your application and being part of this community I am allowed to voice my own opinions about it whether they be positive or negative.

No, your first couple posts were relevant to the application. After that, they became repetitive and are therefore spamming my application with useless posts. So I ask of you, let HER deny it, not you. You've already expressed your opinion, now your just rambling.
Back to top Go down
Nicksterr
Boss.
Boss.
Nicksterr

MAH GM APPLICATION Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAH GM APPLICATION   MAH GM APPLICATION EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 2:31 pm

I am not denying your application, I am just disapproving of it, as is my right.

as for my rambling, the argument evolved and I always commented on subject of your last post. If you don't want me to comment then don't post such controversial and provocative comments.
Back to top Go down
SoulBot
Boss.
Boss.
SoulBot

MAH GM APPLICATION Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAH GM APPLICATION   MAH GM APPLICATION EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 6:09 pm

I'm not even going to read the argument.
You're 15.
I don't hire someone who THINKS they're 16. You're 15, you're denied.

I've said many times that we don't waste our time on complete morons.
You simply applying shows that you're a moron, for thinking that I would give you a chance while I denied every single other person who was younger than 16.
Dumb as fk.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MAH GM APPLICATION Empty
PostSubject: Re: MAH GM APPLICATION   MAH GM APPLICATION Empty

Back to top Go down

MAH GM APPLICATION
Page 1 of 1