SoulMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SoulMS

SoulMS Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Courage's not-so-great application

Go down 
+2
MrShadow
DJayTom
6 posters
AuthorMessage
DJayTom
Noob
Noob
DJayTom

Courage's not-so-great application Empty
PostSubject: Courage's not-so-great application   Courage's not-so-great application EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 12:17 am

( Courage's Not so good Application)

Name : Tom Leong animefagCourage's not-so-great application 65744_10('ilav')
Look, it's me!

What are you applying for: I am applying for many jobs at once( if its okay, if not then pick a random job and then judge me)
Ban hammer, Event host/creator , Video & banner maker (has very high experience in private server videos.)

Where do you live/Timezone: Pacific time / Vancouver

How active will you be: I will be on for about 5-10 hours a day depending on if there are tests, other than that i'll be on all the time. killu

E-Mail:
Tom_Kun@live.ca

Hobbies :I love music, people know me for my earphones, hey look aren't those headphones..... Oh right, TOM MUST BE NEAR BY!! ilav

How you'd handle a hacker : Frapps it (screenshots can be photo shopped you know....), Make sure i have the vid, BAN.

If two people were fighting, what would you do? :
I would tell them to stop , if no then its JAIL TIME. (untill they calm down)

How many servers have you been a GM/Admin in?(list them): I have been an admin in 2 servers , Piedmont Ms and FlashBoyedMS. I have also been admin in my own server.

Why should we choose you:Because you are Hiring Excellent Game masters. Well, here are some fun facts, You are hiring ( I am applying) , Looking for somebody Excellent ( I am Excellent(BIG TIME.)) and last but not least, you're looking for Game masters (Why look here, Here I am applying!).

Reason i applied: Because Gm's were spamming that they were looking for more GMs so after Anna and Soul spammed about 5000 times i finally got the hint....Anna really wanted me to become a GM. Also I want to become a GM because I am very trustworthy, i don't break down that easily, and i love everybody in the world.

Summary of yourself :I am a really loving Chinese teenager that loves Techno. Born and raised in Canada, currently residing in Vancouver. Come if you dare.... heheplz

Extra Info:I love Techno, obsession with music, I love soul MS and I am the nicest guy you will meet in real life. I have made my own private servers before, v75 and v83. I know a bit about coding, don't count on me making maple story v2 though.

How long does it take for the earth to go around the sun?:
Depends which dimension you're from, the bigger question is, how long would the sun take to watch the earth go around it.....

In game name:Courage

(For Coders only) Can you Java code? :No I can not. sleepy

1.Do you know the players/staff well enough to be chosen?I doubt it but i have no doubt that they will choose me in time.

2.Have you been on Soul MS long enough to deserve a GM position:
No, I thought I would just try because messages of hiring GM's kept spamming, and I thought to myself "Why not give it a try?" and tah-dah, here I am.

3.Do you help players any chance you get: I help all the time, I give free leech, training advice, lend mesos (boo hoo) I often help new players search up level 80+ equipment and have Armour hunting sessions.

4.Are you of the age that is required to apply:
Heck yeah.

5.Please specify exactly(or around) how long you have been playing Soul MS:I have been playing for about 2 weeks now.

animefag

Don't worry It's perfectly understandable if you don't choose me so no hard feelings Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MrShadow
Level 5
Level 5

PostSubject: Re: Courage's not-so-great application   Courage's not-so-great application EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 12:45 am

The age limit has been bumped up to 16
edit: Also 1-2 answers on last 5 questions please.
Back to top Go down
DJayTom
Noob
Noob
DJayTom

PostSubject: Re: Courage's not-so-great application   Courage's not-so-great application EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 12:49 am

Oh, what? That is just crazy, I am more mature than people older than me, I'm going to have to talk with Anna or Soul, because this is Ageism. Why would they bump it for one year? Thats like....What, 5 more pubic hairs? ....Pffft..Funny, anyways thanks for the info.
Back to top Go down
Bucko
Level 3
Level 3
Bucko

PostSubject: Re: Courage's not-so-great application   Courage's not-so-great application EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 2:15 am

DJayTom wrote:
Oh, what? That is just crazy, I am more mature than people older than me, I'm going to have to talk with Anna or Soul, because this is Ageism. Why would they bump it for one year? Thats like....What, 5 more pubic hairs? ....Pffft..Funny, anyways thanks for the info.

I think it was more to limit the amount of applicants that were age 15 that didn't seem to show the qualities that a GM should display. If you are in fact as mature as you claim to be, I think the Administration would let the age slide. Just keep the grammar up as well as making sure your posts and actions are what show everyone your maturity as opposed to your date of birth.

P.s. That's is just my opinion and not the official explanation for the age requirement bump.
Back to top Go down
DJayTom
Noob
Noob
DJayTom

PostSubject: Re: Courage's not-so-great application   Courage's not-so-great application EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 2:18 am

I think so too, thanks a lot bucko, ill add you online.
Back to top Go down
Savior
Level 5
Level 5

PostSubject: Re: Courage's not-so-great application   Courage's not-so-great application EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 3:37 am

You still havent changed the last five questions.
Back to top Go down
DJayTom
Noob
Noob
DJayTom

PostSubject: Re: Courage's not-so-great application   Courage's not-so-great application EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 3:45 am

What do you mean savior?
Back to top Go down
Hugo
Boss.
Boss.
Hugo

PostSubject: Re: Courage's not-so-great application   Courage's not-so-great application EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 4:01 am

DJayTom wrote:
What do you mean savior?
He means the answers should be 1 or 2 words, maximum.
I don't know what's so hard to understand there.

Oh and you've been told already but, you have to be 16.
Back to top Go down
DJayTom
Noob
Noob
DJayTom

PostSubject: Re: Courage's not-so-great application   Courage's not-so-great application EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 4:52 am

I know , I'm just trying, I could be 30 and still be immature , im just trying to see if SoulMs values my experience based on skill, not age . P.S. Thanks ill fix the 5 questions right away.
Back to top Go down
phomaniac
Level 4
Level 4

PostSubject: Re: Courage's not-so-great application   Courage's not-so-great application EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 5:27 am

Age is just another factor. If they want to enforce the age limit, then all the more power to them. I know you don't think it matters now, but a lot can change in a couple years. I remember when I was just 18 years old... My gosh... 5 years ago now... A lot has changed. The way you think of yourself, of others, of the world... Even just a year can change you.

Either way, the application is a little plain in my opinion... To be honest, everyone seems to be afraid to go away from the plain format that Anna gave as an outline... Yes, she said it must be followed, but that doesn't mean to copy her format. For example: Instead of going question: answer, try something you'd actually DO on a resume. Slap on some formatting, some headings, some bold font. Increase the size of the text here and there. Have different sections... I haven't seen a single application on here, GM or otherwise, having any appeal. Nothing I would even think of hiring if I was running a Dairy Queen, or McDonald's.

Just my $10.32.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Courage's not-so-great application   Courage's not-so-great application Empty

Back to top Go down

Courage's not-so-great application
Page 1 of 1