SoulMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SoulMS

SoulMS Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Vigen's GM application

Go down 
+6
Obnoxious
curryisc0ld
Nicksterr
Tjay
Inebriated
Vigen
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Vigen
Level 3
Level 3
Vigen

Vigen's GM application Empty
PostSubject: Vigen's GM application   Vigen's GM application EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 9:45 pm

What are you applying for: Ze position of ze Game Masssta'.

Name : Mary Grant

Where do you live/Timezone: Vancoober, Canada. GMT - 8

How active will you be: As active as possible given my schedule so, 2-3 hours per day? c:

E-Mail: sotminkara@hotmail.com

Hobbies : I've played violin for 4 years, been playing MMORPGS on and off since I was about 8 (bahaha, Runescape, amirite?), love art (I sketch and paint here and there, huge fan of surrealism and abstract stuff) and lovelovelove indie music. I read a bit (omnomnom fanfiction), and I'm a huge fan of Spongebob. I love creepypastas, playing hockey, and Pokemon games make me feel hella nostalgic.

How you'd handle a hacker : Stalkstalkstalk, stay in hide mode a bit, watch carefully. I'm asian so you know, we're good at that ninja stuff. SS, ask a question or two, ban, then note down name of hacker, and time of ban. (I used to log these things super anally, it was like this terrible hobby.)

If two people were fighting, what would you do? :Ask about the situation from both of them and try to figure out exactly what's going on, and then try to defuse it. I honestly hate arguing in any shape or form, unnecessary drama is a pain in the ass. If it truly escalates and they continue fighting, I will crack down and give out a temporary ban or pop them in jail(LIKE A BOSS).

How many servers have you been a GM/Admin in?(list them):
AppleStory, general GM (2008-2009)
HypnoticStory, general GM (2009)
HoldenMS, general GM (2009)

Why should we choose you: I'm dedicated and I genuinely enjoy sorting things out and making improvements here and there. Much of the appeal of PS has diminished for me, as I have decent accounts in gMS, so it's not about equips, cash, or what have you. The main reason I play is to have fun and help, and I believe I would be able to do just that as a GM.

Reason i applied: I'd like to help out and better the game in any way possible. It's not about having power over others, or having items or all that. It's about contributing to the improvement of a game, and the gaming experience.

Summary of yourself : In as few words as possible, I guess .. friendly?
Extra Info:

How long does it take for the earth to go around the sun?: The sun goes around the earth, obvs.

In game name: Vigen

(For Coders only) Can you Java code? : No. ;-;
If so please supply examples of what you've coded. (The actual code or screenshots of the thing you made.)

Thank you.

Simple questions. (1-2 word replies please)
1.Do you know the players/staff well enough to be chosen?(This doesn't mean have you met the GMs/spoken to them once.
Do you actually KNOW them. Please stop writing "Yes" when none of us know you. Thank you):
I don't, but I'd like to get to know them. c:
2.Have you been on Soul MS long enough to deserve a GM position:
Don't think so.
3.Do you help players any chance you get:
Absolutely.
4.Are you of the age that is required to apply(if no you might as well delete this app now):
Yes'm.
5.Please specify exactly(or around) how long you have been playing Soul MS:
Few days.

Thanks for taking the time to read this through.

Last edited by Vigen on Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Inebriated
Level 5
Level 5
Inebriated

PostSubject: Re: Vigen's GM application   Vigen's GM application EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 9:47 pm

Can I throw something at you for using this color and this color ?

They hurt your eyes and don't show up the greatest on a light background. D:
Justsayin'.
Back to top Go down
Vigen
Level 3
Level 3
Vigen

PostSubject: Re: Vigen's GM application   Vigen's GM application EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 9:51 pm

You are quite obviously completely insensitive to my colour blindness. I wasn't awa-

no, I'm not really colourblind. :B Sorry, I forget about these things sometimes, haha. Thanks a ton though, I didn't even notice. Will change it right away. c:
Back to top Go down
Inebriated
Level 5
Level 5
Inebriated

PostSubject: Re: Vigen's GM application   Vigen's GM application EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 9:54 pm

LOOOOOOOL I would've felt so bad if that was true.
One of my teachers was actually colorblind once... I learned of this when I handed in an assignment with color codes and such and he didn't appreciate it. xP

Hehe, I just figure that when people have to squint to read something that's of a perfectly reasonable size, it's a bad thing.
Back to top Go down
Vigen
Level 3
Level 3
Vigen

PostSubject: Re: Vigen's GM application   Vigen's GM application EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 9:56 pm

Oh man, I dated a colourblind guy once. He didn't tell me until like, 2 weeks after I knew him and I was all,
YOU SERIOUS BRO?

and he was all, yes.

And I was like, WHAT COLOUR IS MY HAIR?

He goes,
".. Mary, you're asian. Your hair is black."

Funniest thaaang ever. c:

But yeeee, thanks for telling me, haha.
Back to top Go down
Tjay
Level 2
Level 2
Tjay

PostSubject: Re: Vigen's GM application   Vigen's GM application EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 10:51 pm

Vigen wrote:
Oh man, I dated a colourblind guy once. He didn't tell me until like, 2 weeks after I knew him and I was all,
YOU SERIOUS BRO?

and he was all, yes.

He goes,

I like the app a lot, you're pree' funny , But they're gonna instantly deny it for the questions and the amount of free time , 2-3 hours isn't much :/
Back to top Go down
Vigen
Level 3
Level 3
Vigen

PostSubject: Re: Vigen's GM application   Vigen's GM application EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 11:04 pm

Ah, that's understandable. Mad Pity. I should have more time once midterms are through though, been working my ass off as of late.
Back to top Go down
Nicksterr
Boss.
Boss.
Nicksterr

PostSubject: Re: Vigen's GM application   Vigen's GM application EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 11:09 pm

Tjay wrote:
Vigen wrote:
YOU SERIOUS BRO?

and he was all, yes.

He goes,

I like the app a lot, you're pree' funny , But they're gonna instantly deny it for the questions and the amount of free time , 2-3 hours isn't much :/

Don't listen to this dude. He is not a GM nor will he be. If you are denied, one of the last things it would be for is the amount of hours online. Following the "1-2 words" guideline is a must though, even if you don't feel like it explains enough, simple honest answers are required.
Back to top Go down
curryisc0ld
Noob
Noob
curryisc0ld

PostSubject: Haha great app!   Vigen's GM application EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 11:38 pm

Haha nice application!

+1 from me
Back to top Go down
Tjay
Level 2
Level 2
Tjay

PostSubject: Re: Vigen's GM application   Vigen's GM application EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 12:06 am

Nicksterr wrote:
Tjay wrote:
Vigen wrote:
YOU SERIOUS BRO?

and he was all, yes.

He goes,

Don't listen to this dude. He is not a GM nor will he be. If you are denied, one of the last things it would be for is the amount of hours online. Following the "1-2 words" guideline is a must though, even if you don't feel like it explains enough, simple honest answers are required.

Yeah, don't listen to pointer from other players tryna' help , while you just told him the same thing I said.
That makes plentyyyyy of sense<3
Back to top Go down
Nicksterr
Boss.
Boss.
Nicksterr

PostSubject: Re: Vigen's GM application   Vigen's GM application EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 10:04 am

You didn't give any pointers whatsoever. You just stated that we are going to deny his application. Tell me where you suggested that he should change something about his application to improve his chances to become a GM... You gave no help to this person whatsoever, so don't try to make me look like the bad guy in this.

I gave him advice by telling him he should change his short answers to 1-2 words or else he wouldn't get accepted. You merely said he isn't going to get accepted. There is a big difference.

Oh and in my opinion, someone who has been denied and then QQ'ed about to to one of the GM's doesn't deserve to give pointers about GM applications. Or the pointers shouldn't be listened to at least because they certainly didn't help you.
Back to top Go down
Vigen
Level 3
Level 3
Vigen

PostSubject: Re: Vigen's GM application   Vigen's GM application EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 11:28 am

While I appreciate any input and tips, I would really appreciate if this didn't turn into another flame thread/app. Thank you to both of you for the help, it's very much appreciated, especially since I have little experience with this kind of GM application, as I didn't apply for any of the servers I GMed in. I think I'll tweak my application a little bit, thanks. c:
Back to top Go down
Obnoxious
Level 4
Level 4
Obnoxious

PostSubject: Re: Vigen's GM application   Vigen's GM application EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 11:55 am

Vigen wrote:
While I appreciate any input and tips, I would really appreciate if this didn't turn into another flame thread/app. Thank you to both of you for the help, it's very much appreciated, especially since I have little experience with this kind of GM application, as I didn't apply for any of the servers I GMed in. I think I'll tweak my application a little bit, thanks. c:

I like your atitude kid, kudos for you. I think you may be a great quarrel/argument-solver. You'll be a great help for the team.

+1 shaplz
Back to top Go down
Feylan
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: Vigen's GM application   Vigen's GM application EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 8:35 pm

I was forced to vote for you, and I'm not so sure how to. It looks like a lot of people say like +1? So....

Vigen is amazing, and deserves this job.

+1

Last edited by Feylan on Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:07 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lacri
Level 2
Level 2

PostSubject: Re: Vigen's GM application   Vigen's GM application EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 8:40 pm

Wow forced to vote?
Vigen's GM application 842807
Back to top Go down
Vigen
Level 3
Level 3
Vigen

PostSubject: Re: Vigen's GM application   Vigen's GM application EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 8:51 pm

He's jealous of my small eyes. Don't mind Feylan there.
Back to top Go down
Feylan
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: Vigen's GM application   Vigen's GM application EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 10:04 am

Lacri wrote:
Wow forced to vote?
Vigen's GM application 842807
Calm down bro, just trying to crack a joke. thinkin
Back to top Go down
curryisc0ld
Noob
Noob
curryisc0ld

PostSubject: :D   Vigen's GM application EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 11:14 am

Hey! I think it was a nice application! And you're a great joker too!

+1
Back to top Go down
Radiance
Level 2
Level 2
Radiance

PostSubject: Re: Vigen's GM application   Vigen's GM application EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 12:08 am

curryisc0ld wrote:
Hey! I think it was a nice application! And you're a great joker too!

+1
This kid couldn't have said it better~ Such a joker. :]
Back to top Go down
Lulz
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: Vigen's GM application   Vigen's GM application EmptyTue Jan 25, 2011 4:02 am

Cool story bro.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vigen's GM application   Vigen's GM application Empty

Back to top Go down

Vigen's GM application
Page 1 of 1