SoulMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SoulMS

SoulMS Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

minespig's GM Application

Go down 
AuthorMessage
minespig
Noob
Noob
minespig

minespig's GM Application Empty
PostSubject: minespig's GM Application   minespig's GM Application EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 12:48 am

Hello Smile
Nice to meet you guys~

What are you applying for:
I am applying for GM, GameMaster.

Name:
Sean H.

Where do you live/timezone:
I live in Northern New Jersey, eastern side of USA.
Timezone - Eastern Time, GMT-5

How active you will be:
Hmm, to be honest, I'm one of those people that is somewhat serious about school. Therefore, I'm usually on around 4~5 PM on Monday ~ Thursday (and the rest of the time is for homeworks Sleep and some time to enjoy my social life haha). Things get really different on weekends (Friday ~ Sunday), because I usually can go on for 5 hours during weekends.

Email:
I have few emails:
seon63@gmail.com
snhwang82@gmail.com
snhwang83@gmail.com

I usually check seon63@gmail.com the most, so it's probably the best to send Emails to that one.

Hobbies:
Haha, this is one of my favorite topic's in this this GM app along with extra information cheers (not that I'm saying that other questions are boring Smile )
Alright, I'm going to list some hobbies:

Going to movies with my friends
Hanging out outside
Play games
Go on facebook.. <-- I'm trying my hardest to quit facebook.. don't ask me why..
Talk to people
Make people laugh
Help everyone.

Oh yes. I love chatting with people even though I'm a guy Razz

How you'd handle a hacker:
Hmm, this depends on what level GM I will be actually.
If I'm able to ban people with @ban command, then I'll certainly ban the person who is hacking instantly (because our player rule says that if you hack, you get banned).
On the other hand, if I'm a GM who is at an intern level (GM level 3 I think), I can't ban, so since I have Fraps (game recorder), I will record the hacker and send it to someone who is a GM that can ban.
No mercy for the hackers.
Smile Smile

If two people were fighting, what would you do?
This is a great question. This depends on the situation and what they are fighting about.
If the fight started out with a player harassing the other player, I would figure out who started the harassment and jail him/her and help the victim after. However, if the victim used curse words and all "mean" stuff to the harraser back, I would jail the victim as well (just for like 2 days, unlike the harraser, who is jailed for 2 weeks).

Another situation is when 2 or more players are fighting and arguing over a useless topic or any topic in general. What I would do for that situation is to first calm them down. Next, I would read over what the players were fighting for carefully. Then, if I am certain that a person is absolutely right on what he/she is talking about, I would explain carefully to the person who is wrong with supporting details from internet (sighh too much work eh?) and other source. However, if the person persists on arguing that he/she is right when he/she is wrong, I would mute that person for certian period of time depending on the situation.

In my opinion, situation number 1 is the most common (just pointing that out Smile ).

How many servers have you been a GM/Admin in?
I was GM in 2 servers and Admin in 1 server.

GM:
CrazyTrainMS <-- this dates back to 2008, so I have absolutely no proof for that. Closed server.
Other server.. which I forgot the name <---- this dates back even before 2008. Unknown status.

Admin:
PieBoyMS <-- Oh my god, this was the best community and GM experience for me. Sadly, this was during late 2008 to early 2009. It had to close down due to financial issues. I had few screenshots and videos, but I got a new laptop on early 2010, so I don't have proof anymore.. sorry.

CrazyTrainMS and PieBoyMS was pretty decent server (with average 70 people on).
However, the "unknown server" was a fresh off the boat server (with average 5 people on..).

Why should we choose you:
I don't know the answer, but I think you know the answer.
Anyway, if I was to answer that, you should choose me becaues I love to help people, make something better, and make improvisations.

Reason I applied:
I've been playing tons of private servers for past 2 years and this ONLY this server, seems to have strict rule on applying for GM. What I mean is that in most servers, there is even 12 year old GMs who is immature as #$(%... (actually, even older GMs who is as immature and useless as 12 year olds). Here, I'm not trying to insult 12 year olds, but I'm trying to make a point. My point is that in order for the server to evolve and be better, there must be mature, helping, responsible, and older GMs and Admininstrators. This server seems to have some strict and mature Admin..
I'm sorry young kids.. forgive me.. No
I also came here to give people some good time and fun. I came to help too.
That's all.

Summary of yourself:
This app might sound really mature to you, but you want to see me in school.
Not that I'm immature or perverted, but I'm really talkative and "funny".
I usually crack appropriate jokes infront of the class when I answer a question and that's who I am in school.
Oh, by the way, other kids actually do laugh at my clueless jokes and lame jokes (teachers too, play along jocolor ).
However, you know what, I'm really serious when it comes to serious business (like school work and etc.).

p.s, I'm really great for getting along with too. Smile

Extra info:
To be honest, I have only been active in this server for about an hour and I still have some "mysteries" to venture through the server. I know, however, that I would be expert by the time someone replys to this app.

How long does it take for earth to go around the sun?
Approximately 365.25 days confused
I knew that it was 365, but haha, I googled it just to check if there was any decimals. Guess what, there IS decimals.

Ingame name:
I currently have 1 character,
Tothelimit

I cannot code.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Simple Questions

Do you know the players/staff well enough to be chosen?
Nope

Have you been on Soul MS long enough to deserve a GM position:
Not yet

Do you help players any chance you get:
YES

Are you of the age that is required to apply(if no you might as well delete this app now):
Yep

Please specify exactly(or around) how long you have been playing Soul MS:
2 hours...

Thanks for reading Smile
If you need proof of me being a 15 year old, I might post a pic of me. Smile
Back to top Go down

minespig's GM Application
Page 1 of 1