SoulMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SoulMS

SoulMS Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Radiance's witty application!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Radiance2
Level 3
Level 3

Radiance's witty application! Empty
PostSubject: Radiance's witty application!   Radiance's witty application! EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 8:47 am

What are you applying for: The position of GM

Name : Garry Huang

Where do you live/Timezone: I live in New York, EST (GMT -5)

How active will you be: I recently joined the school tennis team, this will only permit me to be on for about 2-4 hours a day. On weekends, I can be on for more than 6+ hours (this will change if other activities pop up).

E-Mail: B_4_K_4@hotmail.com (I only use this for MSN, if you send an e-mail it will be IGNORED)

Hobbies : As stated in the "How active will you be" I enjoy playing tennis, and I also love to swim. Besides sports, I'm also a fan of the Call of Duty series. If you have Black Ops or Modern Warfare 2 on the PS3, feel free to PM your PSN. Maplestory isn't the only thing I like to do on the computer. I also enjoy playing League Of Legends, a real time strategy game.

How you'd handle a hacker : I'd start off by looking for the hacker. A wild Hacker has appeared! I'd confirm that the hacker is hacking and then take a screenshot and ban his ***. If he feels like it's necessary to waste his/her time by posting an appeal, I'd deny that thing with the proof I took.

If two people were fighting, what would you do? : For real? I'd first listen to both sides of the argument. Work towards a resolution and work it out. If they continue to argue or fight, they can spend about 10 - 15 minutes in jail. However, this will vary if the situation relates with KSing. If a person is KSing, I will find out who had the map first and politely ask the KSer to leave. However, if the KSer decides to come back or to KS another person, they may be jailed. If the KSer decides to either continue KSing, or bad mouth me, a jailing for a long period of time or a temporary ban, may be called for.

How many servers have you been a GM/Admin in?(list them): I have been a GM in LazyMS (v.83)
Spoiler:
I have also been a GM in FatalityMS (v.55), sadly, I have no proof.

Why should we choose you: You should choose me because I feel, my views are different from others. Most staff members will be more friendly with those who have been on this server longer than those who have just joined. My philosophy is that the newer players are the ones you should be more friendly with. Why? The new players are just looking for a server with some good rates, good features, and an awesome community. Nobody wants to join a community when they're not welcomed. Another reason newer players are more valuable are that they are the newest generation of players. Older players are more likely to be loyal to SoulMS, while the newer players could be server hopping just looking for a nice server.

Reason i applied: I applied because of KSers. The second day I came to this server, me and a friend were at Headless Horseman just killing it. Seconds later, a corsair pops by and KSes us. Reported him for KSing and nothing happened. The next day, I was selling leech to someone while a Dual Blade pops by and just starts KSing me. I asked him to leave and then later reported him. After, he just started talking crap. I really wondered to myself, where's a GM when you need one.
Spoiler:
Besides KSers, there's something I like to call, "elitists." Elitists are people who think they're god and can't be banned just because they're friends with a GM or Admin. Sometimes, elitists are people who just have insane equips or are donors. They think they can do whatever they want like KS others, bad mouth others, and just be really rude.

Summary of yourself : I wear a mask. Not just any mask. I wear a mask that hides my identity. Most of the time in public, I wear this mask. My mask has all sorts of emotions on there. Some emotions are happiness, joy, and love. However, I can remove my mask as I please. My face is disliked. My face is marked with seriousness and more importantly, the truth.

Extra Info: I was unhappy when I wrote this application because my old one was deleted. Evil or Very Mad Also, a couple points from my older application might not be on there.

How long does it take for the earth to go around the sun?: 365.25 days in a year.

In game name: Radiance

(For Coders only) Can you Java code? : N/A
If so please supply examples of what you've coded. (The actual code or screenshots of the thing you made.)

Thank you for taking your time to read my application and for wiping the other forums making me post a new application in order to show my dedication. ./sarcasm

Simple questions. (1-2 word replies please)
1.Do you know the players/staff well enough to be chosen?(This doesn't mean have you met the GMs/spoken to them once. Do you actually KNOW them. Please stop writing "Yes" when none of us know you. Thank you): Kinda
2.Have you been on Soul MS long enough to deserve a GM position: Yes
3.Do you help players any chance you get: Obviously
4.Are you of the age that is required to apply(if no you might as well delete this app now): Yes
5.Please specify exactly(or around) how long you have been playing Soul MS: 1 month+
Back to top Go down
Beginning
Level 2
Level 2

PostSubject: Re: Radiance's witty application!   Radiance's witty application! EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 8:44 pm

reading everything here made me think of you in a very "unique" way.

I for one liked it.

+1

but the mask part was a little weird....

but in the end your point of view in your "why should we choose you" section
has the good attention just as anyone else so...

+1
Back to top Go down
Radiance2
Level 3
Level 3

PostSubject: Re: Radiance's witty application!   Radiance's witty application! EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 11:24 pm

The mask part is a metaphor I guess. I can be just as serious as fun. Also, one of the things I really respect about people, is when they can speak the truth. What I mean is that they don't care what the other person thinks of the truth, only YOUR opinion matters. Shows leadership.
Back to top Go down
Jason<3
Level 2
Level 2

PostSubject: Re: Radiance's witty application!   Radiance's witty application! EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 3:24 am

You should note, GMs don't usually take action on KSers.
They're everywhere, it's really unavoidable, everyone has KSed before =]
Back to top Go down
Vigen
Level 3
Level 3
Vigen

PostSubject: Re: Radiance's witty application!   Radiance's witty application! EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 3:32 am

Jason<3 wrote:
You should note, GMs don't usually take action on KSers.
They're everywhere, it's really unavoidable, everyone has KSed before =]

I don't know what got that into your head, but KSing is jailable/bannable. I settle any KSing disputes I come across, including those that're whispered to me instead of just publicly smega'd. Yes, it happens, but it can be easily solved with a simple smega, whisper, or @gm. It's the GM's responsibility to handle KSers, and we take that responsibility seriously.
Back to top Go down
Jason<3
Level 2
Level 2

PostSubject: Re: Radiance's witty application!   Radiance's witty application! EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 6:34 am

Ok, I was clearly mistaken there. Thanks for patching it up Wink

The reason was that many guild members of mine sometimes complain about that, and no action was taken. Perhaps because there were no GMs online at the time.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Radiance's witty application!   Radiance's witty application! Empty

Back to top Go down

Radiance's witty application!
Page 1 of 1