SoulMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SoulMS

SoulMS Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rebirths for v88? Poll ~

Go down 
+4
Jamie
Lucifer
Legion
SoulBot
8 posters

Rebirths?
Yes
Rebirths for v88? Poll ~  I_vote_lcap79%Rebirths for v88? Poll ~  I_vote_rcap
 79% [ 11 ]
No
Rebirths for v88? Poll ~  I_vote_lcap21%Rebirths for v88? Poll ~  I_vote_rcap
 21% [ 3 ]
With a Limit
Rebirths for v88? Poll ~  I_vote_lcap0%Rebirths for v88? Poll ~  I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 14

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
SoulBot
Boss.
Boss.
SoulBot

Rebirths for v88? Poll ~  Empty
PostSubject: Rebirths for v88? Poll ~    Rebirths for v88? Poll ~  EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 2:26 pm

I'd assume Johnny will be putting up a poll for this soon on the site regardless, but I'll just ask the people active on the forums for their opinion too.

Do you think, in v88, we should have rebirths?

If so, since there's a pretty low irremovable damage cap, should we have a limit of 1-2 rebirths?

If you have any suggestions for Rebirths etc (be realistic) we'd love to hear them. : )

Last edited by Anna on Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Legion
Level 4
Level 4
Legion

PostSubject: Re: Rebirths for v88? Poll ~    Rebirths for v88? Poll ~  EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 3:04 pm

We support rebirth simply because it adds gameplay. Our idea is this; have two seperate rebirth systems, a donator and non donator system.

With the donator system, people who donated enough to gain a rebirth would rebirth in the traditional sense; keep their AP and skills and go back to level 1 to choose a new class, with the skills from their previous class able to be used. Just a normal rebirth.

The non donator system, for someone who has simply rebirthed without donating, would be set back to level one with all their skills from their previous class still usable, but their AP is reset. They can still add to their gameplay, but they would have a more "from scratch" rebirth.

The two systems, if everything goes right, would encourage donations, but would limit rebirths to an extent that people wouldn't be hitting the cap easily, unless they donate..a lot. As well, people who don't pay can still keep playing, and gain more skills, but you wont have to worry about the cap.
Back to top Go down
Lucifer
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: Rebirths for v88? Poll ~    Rebirths for v88? Poll ~  EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 3:17 pm

Legion wrote:

The non donator system, for someone who has simply rebirthed without donating, would be set back to level one with all their skills from their previous class still usable, but their AP is reset. They can still add to their gameplay, but they would have a more "from scratch" rebirth.

So...if i had 1000 AP at lvl 200, then when i rb, i'd go back to having like..21 or w.e the number was.
Back to top Go down
Legion
Level 4
Level 4
Legion

PostSubject: Re: Rebirths for v88? Poll ~    Rebirths for v88? Poll ~  EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 3:22 pm

Yes. However, all the skills from your last class that are binded you would keep, meaning you could be one of those "totly l33t shado partner hurricain!!!!" guys. We will be the first to admit it's probably not the best system, but what it does do, in our opinion at least, it does well.
Back to top Go down
Lucifer
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: Rebirths for v88? Poll ~    Rebirths for v88? Poll ~  EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 4:47 pm

Legion wrote:
Yes. However, all the skills from your last class that are binded you would keep, meaning you could be one of those "totly l33t shado partner hurricain!!!!" guys. We will be the first to admit it's probably not the best system, but what it does do, in our opinion at least, it does well.

What it does do = make people donate
" " " " " " " " " " = let donators be more overpowered AP wise.
uh...your not one of those "totly l33t shado partner hurricain!!!!" guys, if you don't have stacked AP. That just basically cuts down "totly l33t shado partner hurricain!!!!" to.... "shado partner hurricain!!!!" guy. Congratulations.
Back to top Go down
Jamie
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: Rebirths for v88? Poll ~    Rebirths for v88? Poll ~  EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 5:55 pm

I think Legions idea is great, It means we can still boss in parties instead of hitting the damage cap, soloing bosses, getting bored and quitting.
Back to top Go down
Legion
Level 4
Level 4
Legion

PostSubject: Re: Rebirths for v88? Poll ~    Rebirths for v88? Poll ~  EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 6:14 pm

Lucifer wrote:
Legion wrote:

uh...your not one of those "totly l33t shado partner hurricain!!!!" guys, if you don't have stacked AP. That just basically cuts down "totly l33t shado partner hurricain!!!!" to.... "shado partner hurricain!!!!" guy. Congratulations.

What it does: - Encourages donations
- Cuts DOWN on people hitting max damage
- Extends game play

If you have a better idea, propose it and we'll observe it. If you cannot think of an alternative, you're not in a very good position to criticize. Would you prefer everybody could AP stack so everyone would be hitting the cap? Or the alternative, you can't really do anything once you reach 200? It's not like a huge amount of the community donates.

Donators won't be overpowered, because you have to donate to rebirth. Say it was $25 USD to get a single donator rebirth. Do you really think someone's going to continually pay $100+ so they can hit the damage cap? You don't go from hitting ~10,000-30,000 damage to 199,999 in one rebirth, that's simple math. If you don't want to lose your AP, you're not forced to rebirth, it's just an option to EXTEND GAME PLAY. Being level 200 unable to level or really do much else is boring. Rebirths aren't necessarily meant to make one person incredibly powerful.

Jaime wrote:
I think Legions idea is great, It means we can still boss in parties instead of hitting the damage cap, soloing bosses, getting bored and quitting.

Thank you. That's the aim of the system we're proposing. To make as few people incredibly overpowered, and still allow people to still play without getting bored.
Back to top Go down
System
Level 3
Level 3

PostSubject: Re: Rebirths for v88? Poll ~    Rebirths for v88? Poll ~  EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 12:28 pm

Lucifer wrote:
Legion wrote:

Please remember that people who have donated are already overpowered with the pro items from the donation NPC.

Back to top Go down
FrozenFire
Level 2
Level 2
FrozenFire

PostSubject: Re: Rebirths for v88? Poll ~    Rebirths for v88? Poll ~  EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 2:17 pm

how about just 1 RB system when you keep your skills and ap?
Back to top Go down
SoulBot
Boss.
Boss.
SoulBot

PostSubject: Re: Rebirths for v88? Poll ~    Rebirths for v88? Poll ~  EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 3:28 pm

Okay I like Legions idea, though maybe for donators they could get just a slightly more increased ap amount after rebirthing, compared to regular players.
We don't want the donators being stupidly overpowered compared to regular players, considering they get really good donator items already.

With a limit of sayyyy 5 rebirths, 100 AP kept per rebirth, and 150 kept for donators.

Also, I was thinking, a long quest line to rebirth as well. To make it harder/longer to actually get the rebirth after you hit 200, therefore making it a bigger achievement once you do get it.

I'm not quite sure how the quest would go, so ideas would be awesome, but it would be something along the lines of collecting a bunch of items, possibly killing a certain amount of a certain type of mob, and maybe having a certain amount of fame and such.

To create an economy for said item, and for people selling fame.

I was also thinking it would be set up in a multiple quests, each quest getting slightly harder, and when you finish it you get a certain item to be able to go onto the next Rebirth Quest.

Any other suggestions would be great. (:
Back to top Go down
Legion
Level 4
Level 4
Legion

PostSubject: Re: Rebirths for v88? Poll ~    Rebirths for v88? Poll ~  EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 4:20 pm

A quest isn't a bad idea, and keeping some AP is a better system perhaps, seeing as we neglected to factor in the donator items already being a huge advantage.

If we remember correctly, in Odinms, since third job was old-fashioned, it required a steady demand of refined stat crystals (power, dexterity, etc). Perhaps those could be incorperated into the quest. As well as that, the boss hunter quests required that you bring the etc drops from nearly all the bosses. That could satiate the requirement of killing certain monsters.

We're just kind of throwing darts at charts here, though. We definitely support a questline, since so few people bother with quests in private servers.
Back to top Go down
SoulBot
Boss.
Boss.
SoulBot

PostSubject: Re: Rebirths for v88? Poll ~    Rebirths for v88? Poll ~  EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 4:35 pm

Legion wrote:
A quest isn't a bad idea, and keeping some AP is a better system perhaps, seeing as we neglected to factor in the donator items already being a huge advantage.

If we remember correctly, in Odinms, since third job was old-fashioned, it required a steady demand of refined stat crystals (power, dexterity, etc). Perhaps those could be incorperated into the quest. As well as that, the boss hunter quests required that you bring the etc drops from nearly all the bosses. That could satiate the requirement of killing certain monsters.

We're just kind of throwing darts at charts here, though. We definitely support a questline, since so few people bother with quests in private servers.

That's a good idea...
Having to make a team to kill Horntail, and Zakum and Pap and Pianus to get the items from them, before rebirthing.

The stat crystals are also a good idea. When Johnny gets on I'll link him to this page so he can see the ideas. .
Back to top Go down
SoulBot
Boss.
Boss.
SoulBot

PostSubject: Re: Rebirths for v88? Poll ~    Rebirths for v88? Poll ~  EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 11:32 pm

remember guys
Keep suggesting ~
the more suggestions the better, and the more likely we'll think of a really good system to make rebirths fair. =D
Back to top Go down
System
Level 3
Level 3

PostSubject: Re: Rebirths for v88? Poll ~    Rebirths for v88? Poll ~  EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 1:49 am

I like the idea of making players do a quest to rebirth, but make it very difficult and have them keep their AP and skills because of having to do the quest alone.
Back to top Go down
SoulBot
Boss.
Boss.
SoulBot

PostSubject: Re: Rebirths for v88? Poll ~    Rebirths for v88? Poll ~  EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 1:59 am

System wrote:
I like the idea of making players do a quest to rebirth, but make it very difficult and have them keep their AP and skills because of having to do the quest alone.

problem with keeping the AP is that if they keep it they'll be hitting the dmg cap realllllyyy fast.
Back to top Go down
Ebil
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: Rebirths for v88? Poll ~    Rebirths for v88? Poll ~  EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 2:50 am

as for including fame in the quest for rebirth... would that be a problem with donator who can't be click...I believed since i received donator status other player couldn't click on my character.

regardless of having ap or no ap keeping skill or not we must have rb for the sake of ranking...so what happen when everyone reach lvl 200.. unless the sever is planning on upgrading every oftern then why worry about rb cuz by the time most ppl reach 200 we'll be upgrading...

as for donation... if the reward is tempting ppl will donate...but what is tempting, that depend on the person u ask..if you ask a donator then donator want the most of what they donate, but if you ask none donator then they want less for fairness...regardless which direction you go it all come down to what is appealing.

Back to top Go down
TysonxxKush
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: Rebirths for v88? Poll ~    Rebirths for v88? Poll ~  EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 3:31 am

I agree with ebil becasue when i dontaed at first it was to help the server so i donated 20$ well then i talk to zoken and he told me the stuff you can get for donating 50$ which was not really implemented so i decided to move on from that. Well then i was using the item i bought and wanted something else so i donated another 20$ to make a total of 70$ and now i watch the items i donated for get nerfed to hell and then i think why did i donate? I have been thinking it was a mistake to donate now but ima try and keep my big boy pants on and move on im trying but the nerfing almost put me over the top and people donate for what they want like a 2k att popsicle you think its OPed well it cost me 40$ to get it well only a few people get it becaue its 40$ thats why i donated not to see it go down to 700 att.

So what i am saying is that Donators donate for what they want and when waht they want changes its hard for them and i think donators should be OPed because then atttracts people to donate trust me on this, this is on every wow server you play on.
Back to top Go down
SoulBot
Boss.
Boss.
SoulBot

PostSubject: Re: Rebirths for v88? Poll ~    Rebirths for v88? Poll ~  EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 4:15 am

we'll keep you guys updated on if we do plan on implementing the rebirths or not.

At the moment it is somewhat impossible due to some of the evan skills that would glitch, but if/when we find a way to fix that the rebirths system will be thought of, and we'll ask again for suggestions on what we should do/add.

Til then I'll close this thread.

I did really like some of the ideas, and when a fix is made we'll definitely look back to this thread and use some of the ideas. (:

Thanks to everyone who gave their ideas ~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rebirths for v88? Poll ~    Rebirths for v88? Poll ~  Empty

Back to top Go down

Rebirths for v88? Poll ~
Page 1 of 1