SoulMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SoulMS

SoulMS Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Kraken's GM Application (A.K.A. Bucko, Amit)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bucko
Level 3
Level 3
Bucko

Kraken's GM Application (A.K.A. Bucko, Amit) Empty
PostSubject: Kraken's GM Application (A.K.A. Bucko, Amit)   Kraken's GM Application (A.K.A. Bucko, Amit) EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 8:50 pm

Summary of myself [Including Age, Location, How Active I Will Be, Hobbies]: My name is Amit, I'm 19 years old and study Psychology and Political Science at the University of Texas in Austin. I currently speak English, Hebrew, and Spanish. However, I'm trying to expand that by taking Italian. I tend to stay in Vent and try to help out, and if I can't make it in game I'll usually be on for 5 to 6 hours a day at least. I'd like to apply for the position of Game Master in SoulMS. A few of you in the community may know me from the forums posting here and there trying to help people out with there problems. I've been playing MapleStory for approximately six years now and have played every character type there is besides DualBlades but I'm sure I could refer players to a guide somewhere that I've read and spent time pouring over.

As I said earlier I currently live in Austin, Texas and am enrolled in University here. With school being a huge time consumer I've found hobbies to distract me during my free time. These hobbies range from spirited driving in AutoCross to making scented candles at home. I enjoy watching most sports as well as playing them; I am an avid eater and love food competitions.

Why should we choose you? Being a Game Master (GM) requires a special blend of charisma, maturity, immaturity, and responsible behavior. It demands being stern, relaxed, and aware. It demands being two things at once, a friend as well as an unbiased judge. It is a balance that not many can succeed in keeping up, I however feel that I can be just that person.

One of the responsibilities of a GM is to keep a watchful eye out for hackers, scammers, and other unsavory players. Everyone is responsible for making sure everyone gets a fair chance to enjoy this game. Though being a GM means much more than that. Your job, and it is a job, is to go out and find these people abusing the system and to ensure they can't continue to cheat. Your job is to find those people who would take other peoples hard earned items through deceit and trickery. Your job is to make people feel safe and happy that they are playing on SoulMS, and that any other server wouldn't go above and beyond to make sure they were having a good time. When you come across any one of these instances the best thing to do is document, discuss with a fellow GM the current situation, and then proceed to dole out consequences. Any less wouldn't be fair to the players.

I'm willing to be that GM that everyone whispers with all those "stupid" questions. I don't mind dealing with it and directing people to a simple solution. I'm trilingual (English, Hebrew, Spanish) and can usually understand what someone is trying to say. I enjoy being helpful and feel that as a GM I could fulfill a role that not many people enjoy.

I would host at least one event a day. I'm always thinking of new ways to get people involved in the event. If you'd like I could P.M. you my event ideas. Events are a key to keeping people involved. With me on the team you would never have to worry about who will host an event that night.

If two people were fighting, what would you do? A common problem in any MMORPG (Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game) is the "he said, she said" case of arguments. Its very difficult to get to the bottom of things but, with enough effort a fair outcome is attainable. Usually this involves telling players to please keep it civil. Nobody got anywhere through swearing besides further into a ditch. If they can't keep it clean and nice, mute them, warp them to a secluded map and proceed to unmute one player. Hear their side of the story, rinse, repeat. Once both sides have said their piece of the argument a fellow GM and I would confer and try to make sense of the matter.

How many servers have you been an admin in? [Including Why I Applied] I have never been a GM in another server but that was mostly due to lack of passion. Not many servers have an enjoyable community and tend to be one of three servers I currently play, spending my time between the three like a homeless man picking which sub shop looked the best to hang out at that night. SoulMS however, has managed to keep me rather occupied with a solid community, an easy going set of Admins and a nice play experience. Simple yet fun.

Why should we choose you? [Including Extra Info] I think you will choose me because I'm one of the best candidates for the job. I get what it is a GM does. Its a job that requires being fun and coming up with events. Its a job that you have to enjoy and come at ready to be proactive. Also I think you'll choose me because I'm fun, and because even though me and two roommates are 19, 19 and 20 years old we still play Smash Bros on the N64 at least once a day.

Reason I applied continued* I've said it earlier and I'll say it again, this server is simply fun. The community, the overall experience is what sold this server to me. If I didn't care about this server I wouldn't be applying right now. I also applied because everybody needs some help sometimes and I'm very willing to be the person that gets asked those random questions everyone has. I have an extensive amount of knowledge about MS and want to share it with the rest of the community.

How long does it take for the Earth to rotate around the Sun? One year.

In Game Name: My IGN is Kraken, a lvl 15x Corsair that I'm currently playing on. I also have a lvl 13x Aran named Bucko, but that is now a secondary character I've put on hiatus. My Ventrillo username is 'Bucko.'

Can you code in Java? Nope

Simple Questions
1.Do you know the players/staff well enough to be chosen?(This doesn't mean have you met the GMs/spoken to them once. Do you actually KNOW them. Please stop writing "Yes" when none of us know you. Thank you): Yes
2.Have you been on Soul MS long enough to deserve a GM position: Yes
3.Do you help players any chance you get: Always
4.Are you of the age that is required to apply(if no you might as well delete this app now): Yes
5.Please specify exactly(or around) how long you have been playing Soul MS: 3 weeks

If I made any spelling errors please don't hesitate to point them out. Not everyone is perfect, but we should all damn well try to be.

I'll leave you with one of my favorite quotes....
"In Heaven all the interesting people are missing."
-- Friedrich Nietzsche

*Conatact information: akrompass@gmail.com*
*In Game I can be found on 'Kraken' and on vent I'm called Bucko.*

Last edited by Bucko on Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nicksterr
Boss.
Boss.
Nicksterr

PostSubject: Re: Kraken's GM Application (A.K.A. Bucko, Amit)   Kraken's GM Application (A.K.A. Bucko, Amit) EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 9:47 pm

i think i've already told you this once; i like it.

+1
Back to top Go down
Bucko
Level 3
Level 3
Bucko

PostSubject: Re: Kraken's GM Application (A.K.A. Bucko, Amit)   Kraken's GM Application (A.K.A. Bucko, Amit) EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 10:04 pm

Nicksterr wrote:
i think i've already told you this once; i like it.

+1

Lol yeah, I added a bit more to this one. I threw in my opinion on events and the role I could take on as a GM.
Back to top Go down
iiiWeird
Level 3
Level 3
iiiWeird

PostSubject: Re: Kraken's GM Application (A.K.A. Bucko, Amit)   Kraken's GM Application (A.K.A. Bucko, Amit) EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 4:34 am

Bucko wrote:

[/size]

Edit it x) Haha ! I love your application btw Smile
Back to top Go down
Bucko
Level 3
Level 3
Bucko

PostSubject: Re: Kraken's GM Application (A.K.A. Bucko, Amit)   Kraken's GM Application (A.K.A. Bucko, Amit) EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 4:37 am

iiiWeird wrote:
Bucko wrote:

[/size]

Edit it x) Haha ! I love your application btw Smile

Lol, thanks for the save bud. Fixed and a +1 for being helpful.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kraken's GM Application (A.K.A. Bucko, Amit)   Kraken's GM Application (A.K.A. Bucko, Amit) Empty

Back to top Go down

Kraken's GM Application (A.K.A. Bucko, Amit)
Page 1 of 1