SoulMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SoulMS

SoulMS Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Application.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Stone
Level 3
Level 3
Stone

Application. Empty
PostSubject: Application.   Application. EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 7:33 pm

Bryan's GM Application

What are you applying for: I am applying for a spot on the SoulMS team in order to not only help the server, but make sure everything is going fine and everyone is having fun. Which pretty much sums up the job of a Game Master.

Name : Bryan P. McLees

Age : I am 19 years old, born July 2, 1991; almost not a teenager anymore. :3

Where do you live/Timezone: I live in Columbia, South Carolina. Which would be EST.

How active will you be: Well seeing as how I just randomly checked the SoulMS website and literally my heart jumped when I saw it was re-opened. Before the wipe I was crazy active and very much so enjoyed the server. Definitely my favorite private server i've ever played and the most time/effort i've ever put into a private server.

E-Mail: bryanmclees@yahoo.com/bryanmclees@rocketmail.com ; you can find me on both.

Hobbies : At the moment i'm still in my first semester ever of college, so striving to do good in school is important. But in my free time, I do enjoy MapleStory. After the shut down I really didn't know what to do, so I turned to gMS and got very very bored very very fast. Otherwise I enjoy hanging out, I can't deny that drinking and smoking is a fun way to have a good time and I do enjoy it but that doesn't stop me from doing what I need to do in life.

How you'd handle a hacker : As a GM, I would first examine the hacker while invisible, take note of everything about him and then determine whether or not he is hacking or something is just out of the ordinary. If he would be hacking, ban would happen immediately, otherwise I would have a conversation and try to get to the bottom of things before the banning.

If two people were fighting, what would you do? : Fighting doesn't happen much over anything besides I would say maps, there has been plenty of times where bishops have came into my map and an argument happened. What I would do in said situation, I would ask both players who was there first, person who was there first obviously gets to keep the map while the other person is forced to leave. If that person continues to be a problem it would result in jail time or eventually banning.

How many servers have you been a GM/Admin in?(list them): I've only GMed, well I was an Admin, for one server and it was a friends server. But it did get somewhat big and I enjoyed the time helping the community. The server's name was NegroPleaseMS; Racist yes, not my server so I couldn't decide the name.

Why should we choose you : Honestly coming back to SoulMS today did give me something to do, I just started today but I do plan on getting to a much higher level before quitting for the day. And for those of you who remember me from before the wipe, I had a level 200 hero and many more 4th jobbers, I do love to play this game and with the new potential system becoming stronger and getting new equips is always incredibly fun to do. I do strive to complete goals I set for myself, and it's always a good feeling to do that. I'm not young or uneducated, nor some internet troll or 'n00b', I have been through high school and i'm now in college. This is how I type 100% of the time, after taking typing classes and just increasing my WPM over the years I find it to be easier to type like this then type like some sort of moron. If I can help SoulMS that would be great, I hated to see it shutdown and I don't want that to happen again. By doing my part and attempting to give back to the SoulMS community I hope I can prevent a possible shutdown again.

Reason i applied : I figured since the server is just back up and going, having some new hands around to help couldn't hurt. With events and a good server community, that just gives us a better chance of becoming bigger and better than before.

Summary of yourself : To summarize myself, i'm your average weed smoking college student. Born and raised with both of my parents, with only one sibling. I love helping and being part of the crowd so i'm not going to be shy and not talk. When it comes to my knowledge, I may not be the brightest bulb in the bunch but I can assure you that I am above average. However slight that may be. I really do enjoy talking to people though, getting to know a person can be amazing, that's why i'm majoring in psychology. To be able to talk to a person, and not only that but help them out, really in the end helps yourself. Learning other people's stories is incredible. I enjoy lots of types of music, but right now I would say my favorite artist would be Drake. I would have to call him a lyrical genius. And I love graffiti, I love just drawing a tag or even seeing other people's graffiti.

Extra Info: I don't want to plug myself, but I am very anxious for the position and hope that i'm eligible for the job. I would just like to say that i've applied for an internship so if any other information is being wondered you can read up on it here: http://soulms.roflforum.net/t2188-internship

How long does it take for the earth to go around the sun? : The earth takes exactly 365 days and 6 hours to rotate around the sun, because of that extra 6 hours every 4 years we have a leap year which results in an extra day, also known as February 29. Funny thing about that is I know a guy who was born on February 29, so if you think about it he's like 5. :d

In game name : Cocaine, named after my level 200 hero and ready to make my way down that road again.

(For Coders only) Can you Java code? : To be truthful no, I would love to learn the basics though if you're offering.

Simple questions.
1.Do you know the players/staff well enough to be chosen?(This doesn't mean have you met the GMs/spoken to them once. Do you actually KNOW them. Please stop writing "Yes" when none of us know you. Thank you): Now, yes.

2.Have you been on Soul MS long enough to deserve a GM position:5 months.

3.Do you help players any chance you get: Generally: Yes;

4.Are you of the age that is required to apply(if no you might as well delete this app now): Almost 20.

5.Please specify exactly(or around) how long you have been playing Soul MS: See above

I just would like to thank Soul (Johnny) for even considering my application and just hope that just good helpful people are chosen for this server.

Changed around a few things, added some colors and like I said before thanks for taking my application into consideration.

Last edited by Stone on Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Radiance2
Level 3
Level 3

Application. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Application.   Application. EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 7:34 pm

Failed to answer with 1-2 answers. Lacks color, but overall, you and JW have amazing applications. Good luck. ^^

+1 like.
Back to top Go down
Inebriated
Level 5
Level 5
Inebriated

Application. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Application.   Application. EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 7:37 pm

Did you play either LocalMS or Qribble? Your forum name rings a bell.
Back to top Go down
Stone
Level 3
Level 3
Stone

Application. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Application.   Application. EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 8:03 pm

I did play LocalMS, I can't remember which version but it was when Arans were first released into private servers. My IGN was Samus, gah I thought I was so witty.

But yes I know there's no color, I honestly like reading my text all in the same color.
And yes I do know that I didn't use two words, because I didn't feel as if those questions could be answered in just two words.

Also thanks for the replies already, just left for 10 minutes to get some Chic-Fil-A (spicy chicken sandwich!) and already two replies.
Back to top Go down
Inebriated
Level 5
Level 5
Inebriated

Application. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Application.   Application. EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 8:29 pm

Heh, alright then. You're probably not the same Stone.

You seem cool. Color was never really a huge priority, it just usually helps to polish up an app and make it more interesting, but your responses were good enough to keep me awake.

Good job on this app.
Back to top Go down
SonnyZ
Level 3
Level 3
SonnyZ

Application. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Application.   Application. EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 6:43 am

+1 support
Back to top Go down
Administrator
Level 4
Level 4

Application. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Application.   Application. EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 6:43 am

In consideration, add me to buddy in game so we can do a lil 1 on 1 chat.

IGN: Soul
Back to top Go down
http://soulms.roflforum.net
Sponsored content

Application. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Application.   Application. Empty

Back to top Go down

Application.
Page 1 of 1