SoulMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SoulMS

SoulMS Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Jw's GM application

Go down 
+2
Radiance2
JohnSmith
6 posters
AuthorMessage
JohnSmith
Noob
Noob

Jw's GM application Empty
PostSubject: Jw's GM application   Jw's GM application EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 6:50 pm

What are you applying for: Grueling position within the hierarchy of veritable gods that involves toiling away mindlessly to attempt to satisfy the never ending needs of the community.

Name: Jw, for all intents and purposes.

Where do you live/Timezone: Singapore / +8 GMT

How active will you be: I've got nothing going on for now so about 4 hours total a day. When school starts, it will be brought down to 2.

E-Mail: hermitsunited@gmail.com <-- Also my MSN

Hobbies :

• Listening to music. Not a musician, though.

• Playing Private Servers.

• Reading.

• Watching anime / Reading manga.

How you'd handle a hacker :
  • After entering the map in hide, I'd take a screenshot, as irrefutable evidence in the case of a ban repeal.

• If the situation demands it, check with another GM/Admin for a second opinion.

• After that, I would clear the map's drops, just in case.

• If the hacker happens to submit a ban-appeal, I'd just post the screenshot and leave it up to the higher-ups to decide the fate of the poor sod.

If two people were fighting, what would you do? :
  • I'd either resolve it on the spot, or jail the parties in question and attempt resolve it there. If the parties are arguing like an old married couple whilst in Jail, I will leave them there, until they can kiss and make up. For a while. Maybe.

How many servers have you been a GM/Admin in?(list them): None, but hey, everyone's gotta start from somewhere.

Why should we choose you:
Because you guys want to be the best. Now, hold up, listen: I'd rather have my bottom impaled upon a particularly prickly cactus then Dare to claim to be the messiah of GMs. No, I want pitch in to help you guys become the best Maple Story Private Server out there. And a GM position, I feel, is the best place to do so. However, that position should be given to the person who fits the role Best. If i'm not deemed to be that person, then i'll still rejoice in the fact that the precious role of leadership has been placed upon competent hands.

Reason i applied: Because I want to help SoulMS get back on it's feet. Need I more reason then that?

Summary of yourself :
  • Sarcastic and cynical, yet mature enough to handle positions of power.

• Grammar Nazi. And Proud of it.

• Asian. Yay.

Extra Info: Any information which need be extracted from me can be done so by emailing me. I check it at least once a day, so I will get back to you. Sooner or later.

How long does it take for the earth to go around the sun?:
Too damn long.
However, on a more serious note: Recent studies have shown that with every orbit, the Earth actually Drops toward the Sun. This is because of the force of gravity of the Sun. It's been happening ever since the Earth existed in orbit around the Sun. Why isn't the Earth dropping faster? Because the Earth has gravity of it's own, and it's been enough to keep the Earth a safe distance away from the Sun.
Oh, on a side note, the same thing is happening to the Moon. Which happens to be one of Earth's 2 celestial satellites.

In game name: Harveste

(For Coders only) Can you Java code? : Nope.

Thank You

Simple questions. (1-2 word replies please)

1.Do you know the players/staff well enough to be chosen?(This doesn't mean have you met the GMs/spoken to them once. Do you actually KNOW them. Please stop writing "Yes" when none of us know you. Thank you): No.

2. Have you been on Soul MS long enough to deserve a GM position: Honestly, yes.

3. Do you help players any chance you get: Definitely.

4. Are you of the age that is required to apply(if no you might as well delete this app now): Yeap.

5. Please specify exactly(or around) how long you have been playing Soul MS: 3 months.

I thank the person(s) that take(s) the time to read this application.

Note:
If the lack of colour variation lowers your opinion of me, here's my explanation: First, I didn't want it to look too immature. After all, I Am applying for a job. Second, I feel that an application with too many colours has a habit of giving the reader headaches. Not a good thing.
Back to top Go down
Radiance2
Level 3
Level 3

PostSubject: Re: Jw's GM application   Jw's GM application EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 7:24 pm

+1 like, one of the better applications I've seen. ^^
Back to top Go down
Inebriated
Level 5
Level 5
Inebriated

PostSubject: Re: Jw's GM application   Jw's GM application EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 8:50 pm

Lack of color?
Yours is one of the more vibrant ones. Just putting it out there.

You're definitely one of the more level-headed applicants, I'll give you that. I'm not a huge fan of the overly serious, but I'll admit that your responses do show a certain level of responsibility that works well in any GM team. I'd like to get to know you better in-game though, so I'll add you up sometime. ;P

Good job on the app.
Back to top Go down
BobTheBuilder
Noob
Noob
BobTheBuilder

PostSubject: Re: Jw's GM application   Jw's GM application EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 10:35 am

nice dood Very Happy
Back to top Go down
shakalaka
Level 3
Level 3
shakalaka

PostSubject: Re: Jw's GM application   Jw's GM application EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 5:27 pm

Best of luck
Back to top Go down
MrShadow
Level 5
Level 5

PostSubject: Re: Jw's GM application   Jw's GM application EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 5:36 pm

I love it, This guy should and shall be a GM.

(If I was an Admin Myself)

but since I'm not I'll just do as much as I could now and wish you the best of luck
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jw's GM application   Jw's GM application Empty

Back to top Go down

Jw's GM application
Page 1 of 1