SoulMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SoulMS

SoulMS Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Event Idea - Stayin' Alive

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
rockerarm1
Noob
Noob

Event Idea - Stayin' Alive Empty
PostSubject: Event Idea - Stayin' Alive   Event Idea - Stayin' Alive EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 9:03 pm

Do you think you've got what it takes...To Stay Alive?

The Rundown (Layout)

Basically, my idea for an event is quite simple, but would be able to be customized by any GM, and would provide a fun, enjoyable, yet still challenging activity that most of the players of SoulMS would enjoy.
(Although lower leveled players might have a lesser chance at winning, it's still possible nonetheless Razz)

The GM leading the event, would choose a nice open map, or maybe a small enclosed one, that should have at least TWO different levels (meaning more then one level to stand on; platforms)

*Buffs, skills, and potions ARE allowed during this event*

The GM would then pick any random monster in the game, and spawn a mob of them to attack the players! Very Happy
The players would either have to work together, and destroy the mob, or go it solo and try to avoid the bloodbath.
The monsters can be anything from pigs, to golems, to crimson balrogs, to any type of boss!
To make things more interesting, the GM leading the event can buff, help, or even revive players to throw some chaos into the mix and give some lesser contenders a second shot.

*Bonus!*
Every 1-3 minutes, the GM spawns a rock golem (or similarily difficult to kill monster) that can help weaken or thin the crowd, and make it more difficult! Razz

The prize for the victor!

There can be 3 winners for this event.The last 3 to survive!
The reward will be soul points. A worthy reward for a victor who was a fierce enough fighter to survive!

This is my overall idea for an event here in SoulMS. It might not be too amazing of an idea, but I thought it might spice up some of the typical day to day events which can sometimes get very dull with true/false, roulette, and scavenger hunts :/
I tried to put a lot of effort into it, and thought it out and this took me around 30-45 minutes roughly to put together Smile

FEEDBACK WELCOME Wink

Edit: To prevent abuse/overpowered players from dominating this event, it should be so that a single player can not come in 1st/2nd/3rd in any too events of Stayin' Alive twice in a row.

For example, a level 200 player gets 1st/2nd/3rd place in one round of Stayin' Alive. The next game he/she participates in, he/she cannot recieve a 1st/2nd/3rd place position. If 4th/5th place position rewards are given out, they can win these prizes.
Back to top Go down
Sapphire
Level 2
Level 2

PostSubject: Re: Event Idea - Stayin' Alive   Event Idea - Stayin' Alive EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 10:06 pm

Isn't there already the survival event?
Back to top Go down
SoulBot
Boss.
Boss.
SoulBot

PostSubject: Re: Event Idea - Stayin' Alive   Event Idea - Stayin' Alive EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 11:22 pm

with this event it's simply the richer/well geared people who live, whereas the new players just simply die.

Kinda lame and unfair.

nty
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Event Idea - Stayin' Alive   Event Idea - Stayin' Alive Empty

Back to top Go down

Event Idea - Stayin' Alive
Page 1 of 1