SoulMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SoulMS

SoulMS Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Idea for a new GM event? c:

Go down 
+2
Nicksterr
Vigen
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Vigen
Level 3
Level 3
Vigen

Idea for a new GM event? c: Empty
PostSubject: Idea for a new GM event? c:   Idea for a new GM event? c: EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 8:10 pm

Just thought I'd put this out there, I guess. I noticed that most of the GM events we have are JQs or joke contests, or something similar. While I don't have a problem with this, I think it'd be cool to add in another event or two, so:

Bob's Shell
Summon 200 green snails in the FM, and 5 Bob the Snails. Whoever finds a Bob shell wins. Amount of summons and prizes can be adjusted accordingly. It would need to be tweaked a bit (maybe removing Bob from deep SW or making sure that people don't already have a Bob shell so they can simply filter out the normal shells), but I did this often on another PS and people had fun.

Comments?
Back to top Go down
Nicksterr
Boss.
Boss.
Nicksterr

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a new GM event? c:   Idea for a new GM event? c: EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 8:16 pm

Hmm that actually does sound like an original and fun idea. Those shells look the same right? Except summoning 200 snails.. idk how much good it would do to the ch on top of all the people in it already doing the event. Might crash the channel/map.
Back to top Go down
Vigen
Level 3
Level 3
Vigen

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a new GM event? c:   Idea for a new GM event? c: EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 8:20 pm

I held this event several times in the server I played in. We summoned around 400 snails each time, but they had an excellent dedi so it was never an issue. And the shells do look the same. This would have to be tested out a bit, but I think it would be do-able on a smaller scale.
Back to top Go down
Obnoxious
Level 4
Level 4
Obnoxious

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a new GM event? c:   Idea for a new GM event? c: EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 8:24 pm

Hehe, is awesome and original, but I think, is the event not over too fast then? Because 200 snails only, is like 2 mins of killing. I'd recommend hp boosting them then or sorta like that.
Back to top Go down
Vigen
Level 3
Level 3
Vigen

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a new GM event? c:   Idea for a new GM event? c: EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 8:26 pm

The fun part was watching everyone scramble to pick up some shells, LOL. We set a timer at the top, they were usually only given around 2 minutes to kill the snails and then pick up whatever they could. When 2 minutes was up, we cleared the drops.

Back to top Go down
Obnoxious
Level 4
Level 4
Obnoxious

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a new GM event? c:   Idea for a new GM event? c: EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 8:26 pm

Vigen wrote:
The fun part was watching everyone scramble to pick up some shells, LOL. We set a timer at the top, they were usually only given around 2 minutes to kill the snails and then pick up whatever they could. When 2 minutes was up, we cleared the drops.

Ic, Ic, and then you repeated the event?
Back to top Go down
Vigen
Level 3
Level 3
Vigen

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a new GM event? c:   Idea for a new GM event? c: EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 8:29 pm

Not normally. When the event was done, it was done. It was more or less an add on at the end after we had a boss event or some hide and seeks, to give some people another chance at a reward.
Back to top Go down
Obnoxious
Level 4
Level 4
Obnoxious

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a new GM event? c:   Idea for a new GM event? c: EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 8:30 pm

Vigen wrote:
Not normally. When the event was done, it was done. It was more or less an add on at the end after we had a boss event or some hide and seeks, to give some people another chance at a reward.

Aah, ok. Well thanks for informing me. Well looks fun, +1 support for this suggestion from me.
Back to top Go down
Radiance
Level 2
Level 2
Radiance

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a new GM event? c:   Idea for a new GM event? c: EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 10:19 pm

Bishops will always win. D:
Back to top Go down
malikhind
Level 4
Level 4

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a new GM event? c:   Idea for a new GM event? c: EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 12:54 am

Not really... Arans can hit 12 monsters per hit. Then they have 4 hits in like 1 second. thats maybe 48 in 1 second compared to 15 in like 2. Then DB's have upper Stab etc...
Back to top Go down
http://SoulMS.net
Inebriated
Level 5
Level 5
Inebriated

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a new GM event? c:   Idea for a new GM event? c: EmptySun Jan 23, 2011 1:10 am

Heh, more competitive, crowded version of a scavenger hunt event.

It's actually a pretty cool idea.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Idea for a new GM event? c:   Idea for a new GM event? c: Empty

Back to top Go down

Idea for a new GM event? c:
Page 1 of 1