SoulMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SoulMS

SoulMS Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Soul Lottery

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Fawlcon
Level 3
Level 3
Fawlcon

Soul Lottery Empty
PostSubject: Soul Lottery   Soul Lottery EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 1:22 am

Upon reflecting on the economy of marks, I have found that most of the game is based around them, with the exception of some other points. But that's not the point. Instead of having marks having maybe, 4 or so uses, 2 of which are guaranteed, I thought maybe we can add another.

But first, let's reflect on the uses for marks:
Royal Flush - 5x of one mark
One of a Kind - 1x of each mark
Leech (usually) - 2x of any mark per level
Sell - 2-5 mil per mark

And now, I present to you my idea, the Soul Lottery!

Lottery - 3x of any mark (must be separate, (clover heart diamond, not clover clover heart)
Now after you pay up your shapes, you get 1x lottery ticket.

With this lottery ticket, you can contribute, and possibly win the Soul Lottery. The lottery starts off at 1 mil prize, and every time someone enters a lottery ticket, the prize value goes up, and so does the chances of winning. This makes the player have a decision, "Do I put in a ticket now and have a higher chance of winning, but a lower cost? Or do I wait for the prize to go up, then put it in?"

Not only does this add a new use for marks, but lottery tickets can be sold and used as "leech" currency, per say.

TLDR: 3 in a row mark = lottery ticket. Lottery equation: less tickets = more chance of winning/ low meso prize. more tickets = less chance of winning/ high meso prize.

Just a thought. I had this idea when I remembered the time I used to play Ragnarok Private servers, and the one I happen to have played had this kind of lottery system, and I thought SoulMS can attract more players with it.
Back to top Go down
SoulBot
Boss.
Boss.
SoulBot

Soul Lottery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soul Lottery   Soul Lottery EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 5:30 am

the marks do enough as is. They don't need more.
Back to top Go down
Nicksterr
Boss.
Boss.
Nicksterr

Soul Lottery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soul Lottery   Soul Lottery EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 9:15 am

there are like 5 events daily, that's 60 soul points daily. Just for events. And that's not even talking about getting marks. I have way to many soul points just because of the events i've won so I don't see a need in even more soul points..
Back to top Go down
Dank
Level 5
Level 5
Dank

Soul Lottery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soul Lottery   Soul Lottery EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 9:22 am

Only 5, Nick? lolwut?
Back to top Go down
Fawlcon
Level 3
Level 3
Fawlcon

Soul Lottery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soul Lottery   Soul Lottery EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 11:32 am

Well nick the soul points have no use about what I talking about, maybe you misread something?
Anna, maybe we could just have lottery tickets as an etc drop that all monsters have a chance to drop like marks. Or if you don't even want that, we could have a simple put in mesos to win system, whenever you put in mesos, you have a chance of winning or you lose and just contribute.

Last edited by Fawlcon on Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling Error)
Back to top Go down
Nicksterr
Boss.
Boss.
Nicksterr

Soul Lottery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soul Lottery   Soul Lottery EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 12:01 pm

Epic fail on my part. I'm really tired and just assumed what you were suggesting without even looking at what you wrote.. So yeah, my bad bro, really.

ps. I like the way you handled that, most people would have gone ballistic on my ass for that hehe..

OT. I actually like it, I don't think it would be so much harder to code than the christmas event we had so that shouldn't be a problem and it does seem like quite a fun idea without ruining/setting back the economy.
Back to top Go down
Fawlcon
Level 3
Level 3
Fawlcon

Soul Lottery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soul Lottery   Soul Lottery EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 3:42 pm

haha thanks Nick. I really try and be nice to everyone Smile

And yeah, nothing feels better than winning like 200 mil all of a sudden heh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Soul Lottery Empty