SoulMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SoulMS

SoulMS Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sacred's GM Application

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sacred
Noob
Noob

Sacred's GM Application Empty
PostSubject: Sacred's GM Application   Sacred's GM Application EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 5:49 pm

GameMaster and/or Developer

Name:
Jeff

Player Name:
Sacred

Time Zone/Location:
(GMT -5:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada), ON, Canada

How active will you be?
Quite a lot. I try to be at least 3-5 hours daily when possible. Of course, I have school to worry about so these times may vary depending on difficult assignments.

E-mail:
test.3@live.ca

Hobbies:
Computers hands down. I am a Computer Programmer/Engineer by nature, I spend a vast plethora of time researching little fixes and upgrades that I can do for my computer and I also enjoy the topic of computer hacking (An example, I have coded my own keylogger that not only logs keystrokes, but it takes screenshots every time the user clicks the mouse).

If two people were fighting, what would you do?:
Mediate the situation. I would separately and privately speak to each individual and listen to their point(s) of argument Once I have spoken to both parties, I would announce my decision. If either of the parties are unsatisfied, I would ask that they take the argument to either a whisper or a chat, to reduce the visibility of other players. However, if both parties are satisfied, problem solved.

How would you handle a hacker:
To be honest, there can't be any wrong way to handle a hacker unless that is ignoring them. Being an experienced job applicant, I would ensure that the suspected user is indeed using a Third-Party Program and once this decision has been finalized, the user will be banned. If however rules are different here, an alternative would be giving the user a warning, and on the second attempt at hacking the user will be banned.

How many servers have you been a GM/Admin in?(list them):
I have been actively involved in many different servers since the beginning of GMS MapleStory V. 55, and I am very (and I mean very) familiar and fluent in the GM's commands! I have been top GM in both LostStory and TodayMS. I have also been a GM in HeroicStories for roughly a month, and in which I was promoted to HeadGM/Part-time Developer for several months afterwards.

Why should we choose you:
I believe that I possess the qualities that create or help create a server successful. I am not just a young kid who just wants to become a GameMaster to have awesome skills for their own gain. I find it very degrading to the players, fellow GameMasters and most of all to the Owner when a chosen GameMaster abuses his/her's opportunity by only playing for their gain, and not helping the server. Sure, it is fun to almost be able to do anything, but "with great power comes great responsibility" which I believe that I have. I have learned what it takes to be a beneficial GameMaster and I can assure, I can handle the position and anything that comes along with it. I am the type of person who if given the chance will prove myself to be exceptional beneficial for SoulMS to become Truly Successful! I am not a young kid who just wants GM power's for their own gain, I also am not the type of person who just sits on there butt all day just because they are a GameMaster and they think they can do whatever they want. I am a responsible person and GameMaster's must be responsible, for it only takes one small slip up to change the whole experience for players, and I believe that it is completely unfair how some GameMaster's demonstrate favouritism to other players. Everyone has the right to be treated equally and should be no reason why someone shouldn't be. Of course, people who try to "hack" to gain an edge on other players have the exception of losing their privileges to play in our server. I believe that I am unique because unlike some people, I respect a server's integrity and above all, I do my job as a GameMaster.

Reason I applied:
I just felt obligated to do an application because I believe that a server can only be as good as the people within it, not because of all of the cool things you can get, but I believe that people stick with a server because of the people there, and I want to be a part of that server.

Summary of yourself:
I am a dedicated and pleasant worker (up to viewer's discretion but I find most people enjoy my personality) and I do my job the way it's supposed to be done.

My GM rules are:
1) Players need to be treated equally, thus, I will not show favouritism to anyone. However, for the few people who believe it's a smart idea to use a Third-Party Program to gain an edge on other players, they will be treated with the act of banishment from our server.
2) Motives for playing the server need to be sustained through spontaneity, thus, I will hold events, mini-games and anything else I find (or you find) suitable to enrich the gameplay experience (but with discretion).
3) I try to be very pleasing to players, and I try my best to give them the greatest experience possible and aid them whenever possible, thus, I will treat everyone with the respect they deserve.
4) I respect the ToS and I will not stand for any breaking of them, they are SoulMS' pride and integrity as being a server.

How long does it take for the earth to go around the sun?:
365.25 days.

Can you Java code?:
Yes, but I will admit I am a little rusty. As previously stated, I was a Part-Time Developer for HeroicStories but that was a very distant time ago. I would like to pursue being a Developer again if given the chance. Unfortunately, I do not have any code or screenshots of my work as I passed through a 'No-Maple' time period for several months, in which I deleted my files. If you are one to trust, I coded a custom Jump Quest NPCs (warps you to the jump quest location) (NPCs at the ends of the Jump Quest give you x amount of [reward item to trade] depending on the difficulty of the jump quest) as well as the Rewards System for HeroicStories (Shop to trade x amount of [reward items to trade] for Mounts, Lv 120 Gear, etc)

(Sorry for the extended length of responses for this next section)
Do you know the players/staff well enough to be chosen?:
To be 100% honest I have not met any of the staff to date, but I'm there wouldn't be any issues between myself and them.

Have you been on Soul MS long enough to deserve a GM position:
Long enough is dependent on the discretion of the Owner. In my own opinion, I do not believe that there should be a set amount of time a player is required to deserve the position. If you think about it in realistic terms, a company doesn't ask you how long you've been with them to deserve a job. You go into the interview without any (may vary) prior experience with them, only your experience in the field of work.

Do you help players any chance you get:
This is a situational question. If server related help is needed (EX: New player is lost, how to get to this room, etc) then yes. However, if player(s) want help with better equipment or leveling, that is not possible.

Are you of the age that is required to apply:
Yes

Please specify exactly(or around) how long you have been playing Soul MS:
1 day.

Thank you
~Jeff
Back to top Go down
Nicksterr
Boss.
Boss.
Nicksterr

PostSubject: Re: Sacred's GM Application   Sacred's GM Application EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 5:55 pm

Hmm this is a flawless application but the only problem I have with it is that I am not familiar with you. I am certain that if I had talked with you in-game and seen this application I would back it no doubt. Hopefully I'll see you around in-game and get to know you a little better.
Back to top Go down
SoulBot
Boss.
Boss.
SoulBot

PostSubject: Re: Sacred's GM Application   Sacred's GM Application EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 6:53 pm

1-2 word answers for the last 5 questions.
Learn to read the rules.

Denied.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sacred's GM Application   Sacred's GM Application Empty

Back to top Go down

Sacred's GM Application
Page 1 of 1