SoulMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SoulMS

SoulMS Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Help with playing both SoulMS and GMS.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Biin
Noob
Noob

Help with playing both SoulMS and GMS. Empty
PostSubject: Help with playing both SoulMS and GMS.   Help with playing both SoulMS and GMS. EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 1:59 pm

Hey guys. I'm not sure if it's still possible to play both the private server(specifically v88+) and the normal server without messing anything up. After opening SoulMS, when I launch the normal server the game doesn't open. If I were to open the file location, it would lead me to SoulMS's files(the version 88 file). Now, if I were to move the location of the version 88 files and try to launch the game again, it would prompt me to re-download all the files again. Finally, if I were to launch SoulMS after moving the files to a different location, the whole process would repeat itself.

Would anybody be kind enough to lend me a hand to solve this issue?

Thank you for your time and help.

Back to top Go down
DestinyHeros
Level 4
Level 4
DestinyHeros

PostSubject: Re: Help with playing both SoulMS and GMS.   Help with playing both SoulMS and GMS. EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 12:35 am

Biin wrote:
Hey guys. I'm not sure if it's still possible to play both the private server(specifically v88+) and the normal server without messing anything up. After opening SoulMS, when I launch the normal server the game doesn't open. If I were to open the file location, it would lead me to SoulMS's files(the version 88 file). Now, if I were to move the location of the version 88 files and try to launch the game again, it would prompt me to re-download all the files again. Finally, if I were to launch SoulMS after moving the files to a different location, the whole process would repeat itself.

Kid, did you even read my post?? I post a thread that show you how to play GMS and SoulMS! Read It
Back to top Go down
DestinyHeros
Level 4
Level 4
DestinyHeros

PostSubject: Re: Help with playing both SoulMS and GMS.   Help with playing both SoulMS and GMS. EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 12:38 am

Read This "To be able to play GMS again, you'll need to either disable or uninstall your loopback adapter. Disabling it will allow you to re-enable it whenever you want to play SoulMS, however uninstalling it will not allow you to re-enable it. Also, make sure that gameguard is deleted from your hosts file".

Last edited by DestinyHeros on Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Savior
Level 5
Level 5

PostSubject: Re: Help with playing both SoulMS and GMS.   Help with playing both SoulMS and GMS. EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 1:27 am

Biin wrote:

So, you have both the v88 folder and the current GMS folder separate and the GMS folder is located in your C: Drive right?
What i found to be easiest is restart your computer before switching the servers...
Also, when you open your GMS, try going into your folder and using the GameLauncher.exe instead of going in through the website.

Quote :
Kid, did you even read my post?? I post a thread that show you how to play GMS and SoulMS! Read It

First off, stop double posting. Secondly, stop being lazy and just post it up again.

Back to top Go down
DestinyHeros
Level 4
Level 4
DestinyHeros

PostSubject: Re: Help with playing both SoulMS and GMS.   Help with playing both SoulMS and GMS. EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 1:31 am

Savior wrote:
Biin wrote:

So, you have both the v88 folder and the current GMS folder separate and the GMS folder is located in your C: Drive right?
What i found to be easiest is restart your computer before switching the servers...
Also, when you open your GMS, try going into your folder and using the GameLauncher.exe instead of going in through the website.

Quote :

First off, stop double posting. Secondly, stop being lazy and just post it up again.

ok fine, i will stop being lazy and stop posting pointless post!
Back to top Go down
Savior
Level 5
Level 5

PostSubject: Re: Help with playing both SoulMS and GMS.   Help with playing both SoulMS and GMS. EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 1:34 am

Also, use proper grammar please.
It's really atrocious. Also, if Anna were to see your grammar, she would probably kill you.
Back to top Go down
DestinyHeros
Level 4
Level 4
DestinyHeros

PostSubject: Re: Help with playing both SoulMS and GMS.   Help with playing both SoulMS and GMS. EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 1:37 am

Read This "To be able to play GMS again, you'll need to either disable or uninstall your loopback adapter. Disabling it will allow you to re-enable it whenever you want to play SoulMS, however uninstalling it will not allow you to re-enable it. Also, make sure that gameguard is deleted from your hosts file".

Last edited by DestinyHeros on Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Biin
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: Help with playing both SoulMS and GMS.   Help with playing both SoulMS and GMS. EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 1:52 pm

Savior wrote:

Yeah, GMS is placed inside C: drive and the v88 folder is on my desktop. I've got some advice saying that placing the folder in a different drive would work so I'm going to try that out first. Thanks for the help.

DestinyHeros wrote:

No, I did not read your post. That is why I made this thread. "Need help playing GMS again!" is nowhere close to an appropriate tutorial title.
Back to top Go down
Savior
Level 5
Level 5

PostSubject: Re: Help with playing both SoulMS and GMS.   Help with playing both SoulMS and GMS. EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 1:20 am

I actually play GMS and v88.
Let me tell you where my stuff are located.
My GMS folder is located where it should be. C: -> Nexon -> Maplestory
My v88 folder is located within a folder on my desktop.

To open GMS, I've had some problems using the website so I go into the folder an open through GameLauncher.exe

Let me know how you do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help with playing both SoulMS and GMS.   Help with playing both SoulMS and GMS. Empty

Back to top Go down

Help with playing both SoulMS and GMS.
Page 1 of 1