SoulMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SoulMS

SoulMS Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

xRyan's GM Application

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
racoes
Level 2
Level 2
racoes

xRyan's GM Application Empty
PostSubject: xRyan's GM Application   xRyan's GM Application EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 2:27 am

Ok, sorry about the sun thing. It's modified, and I checked and there are no rules about time limits in between applying for GM.

What are you applying for: A game-master position in SoulMS.

Name :
Ryan.

Where do you live/Timezone:
Nashville, Tn., Central time.

Country capital of the worlddd! Smile

How active will you be:
I can be on everyday, for at least an hour or two. Most days, three + hours.

E-Mail:
ryannicholashall@gmail.com

Hobbies :
Photography, videography, computer and graphic design.

Example's of my work:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/theryan774/

How you'd handle a hacker :
I haven't heard about there being any hackers, nor have I seen any so I don't think it would be too much of a problem. However, if I did come across someone hacking, I would log their username, screenshot them in action as proof, and then proceed with the ban process. When it comes to hacking, I have zero tolerance.

If two people were fighting, what would you do? :
If the fight is about a game issue, I'd try to help to resolve it. If it's a personal issue they are fighting over, I would leave them be unless it got too out of hand..

How many servers have you been a GM/Admin in?(list them):
I have played private servers, but never before have I been a GM. This is my first application, though, but everyone has to start somewhere.

Why should we choose you:
I'm faithful, I have high morals, and I want to make this server a better place to the people who join, so they will stay with us as opposed to leaving and joining another server. Also, I can help with designs on the website and forums, such as banners, web templates, etc.

Reason I applied:
After playing private servers for so long, I want to contribute back to the hard work the staff puts in into keeping the players satisfied with gameplay. I would also like to be a part of such a great server with such great people by helping the community in anyway possible, whether as a GM or not.

Summary of yourself :
I am a non-denominational Christian, I love techy stuff, I'm into photography and videography (I have even produced two locally aired commercials) and I have the best friends and family one could ask for. Also, my favorite place in the world is Africa. I've been there twice and have never found another place in the world that is more beautiful.

Extra Info:
I like to make people smile, and belive that one smile can change someone's day or life.

How long does it take for the earth to go around the sun?:
Earth takes 365 days 6 hours 9 minutes 9.54 seconds to fully complete a circle around the sun.

Ingame name:
xRyan

(For Coders only) Can you Java code? : No
If so please supply examples of what you've coded. (The actual code or screenshots of the thing you made.)

Thank you.

Simple questions. (1-2 word replies please)
1.Do you know the players/staff well enough to be chosen?(This doesn't mean have you met the GMs/spoken to them once. Do you actually KNOW them. Please stop writing "Yes" when none of us know you. Thank you):
No.
2.Have you been on Soul MS long enough to deserve a GM position:
Believe so.
3.Do you help players any chance you get:
Absolutely.
4.Are you of the age that is required to apply(if no you might as well delete this app now):
Yes, 17.
5.Please specify exactly(or around) how long you have been playing Soul MS:
One week.

*Though I have played one week, I'm not leaving anytime soon.

Last edited by racoes on Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:23 pm; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
racoes
Level 2
Level 2
racoes

PostSubject: Re: xRyan's GM Application   xRyan's GM Application EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 2:29 am

*Again, I'm sorry about the sun thing. I didn't see anything or any rules about reposting an application, so here is the full and completely serious application. Please consider it, and thanks in advance for your time.
Back to top Go down
gameman
Level 3
Level 3

PostSubject: Re: xRyan's GM Application   xRyan's GM Application EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 2:31 am

you have a limit of 2 applications, just so you know pale
Back to top Go down
racoes
Level 2
Level 2
racoes

PostSubject: Re: xRyan's GM Application   xRyan's GM Application EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 2:32 am

Thanks! This one is filled out just the way the rules said, so we'll see!
Back to top Go down
Stello
Level 4
Level 4
Stello

PostSubject: Re: xRyan's GM Application   xRyan's GM Application EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 2:46 am

racoes wrote:

Reason "i" applied:
I've played private servers before, but I believe I am ready to step it up from being just another player and help by being a game master in a server I love.

Only mistake I saw.
The only other thing is, it's so average. For a player anyone barely knows, you should have a unique application to make it stand out from the rest.
Back to top Go down
racoes
Level 2
Level 2
racoes

PostSubject: Re: xRyan's GM Application   xRyan's GM Application EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 2:51 am

Oh, I didn't type that I. I copied and pasted it from the original application. So that's the application maker's typo. But thank you for the advice! Personally, I think it stands out, I mean I don't believe many can say they've never cussed in their life, nor that they have been to Africa twice to help precious children with HIV/AIDS. I know I'm not extremely well known in SoulMS, but it's not all about being popular. It's about who can do the job with the most dedication and who can do it professionally to make the server better than other servers.
Back to top Go down
Stello
Level 4
Level 4
Stello

PostSubject: Re: xRyan's GM Application   xRyan's GM Application EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 2:53 am

Yes, it's not about popularity, but it's how the players know you and trust you enough.
If no one knows who you are, no one knows of your help.
Also copying the format word for word isn't really the best thing to do.
Back to top Go down
racoes
Level 2
Level 2
racoes

PostSubject: Re: xRyan's GM Application   xRyan's GM Application EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 12:35 pm

Alright! Thanks for the advice. And if you ask anyone that has met me, I'm sure they'd tell you I was always happy to help. But thanks again Smile!
Back to top Go down
Nicksterr
Boss.
Boss.
Nicksterr

PostSubject: Re: xRyan's GM Application   xRyan's GM Application EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 3:12 pm

I like this application. However, i would've suggested playing on the server for a while before posting an application, I would suggest that to anyone applying. Making a decent application is simple for anyone with some maturity, but we don't know how you really are until we have talked to you/seen you around in-game.
Back to top Go down
racoes
Level 2
Level 2
racoes

PostSubject: Re: xRyan's GM Application   xRyan's GM Application EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 3:19 pm

Thanks Nick. This is my second application though, but either way (accepted as a GM or not), I'll continue playing to help make the server better because it's the best low-rate and adequate player based private server I have found in a very long time. I'd be happy to meet up in game though and talk, b/c this is my last application chance and I want to be sure that I do everything possible to do the best I can with this. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
SoulBot
Boss.
Boss.
SoulBot

PostSubject: Re: xRyan's GM Application   xRyan's GM Application EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 3:42 pm

racoes wrote:
Oh, I didn't type that I. I copied and pasted it from the original application. So that's the application maker's typo. But thank you for the advice! Personally, I think it stands out, I mean I don't believe many can say they've never cussed in their life, nor that they have been to Africa twice to help precious children with HIV/AIDS. I know I'm not extremely well known in SoulMS, but it's not all about being popular. It's about who can do the job with the most dedication and who can do it professionally to make the server better than other servers.

This pisses me off.
You think because you've helped some dying child with their disease due to their parents selfishness it makes you qualify for the position more than anyone else?

Yeah your application, just by looking at it, isn't even half of what is required to apply when no one knows you.
If I don't know you and your application doesn't stick out to me in any way you pretty much should not have bothered applying.

And now you've wasted both your chances, and yet you're not getting anything out of it.
And in all honesty 24 hours really fucked you over. How stupid do you have to be. . .

If people get that question wrong it's pretty much an auto deny for me, every time. 24 hours? Really? Not even a chance in hell I would hire someone who lacks that much common sense.
Yeah you helped kids in Africa, whoopdy shit kiddo, you still didn't know how long it took for the earth to go around the sun, something you learned in grade 2.
I bet the moronic AIDS children knew, and they don't even get educated.

Last edited by Anna on Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
gameman
Level 3
Level 3

PostSubject: Re: xRyan's GM Application   xRyan's GM Application EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 3:44 pm

Anna wrote:
racoes wrote:

This pisses me off.
You think because you've helped some dying child with their disease due to their parents selfishness it makes you qualify for the position more than anyone else?

Yeah your application, just by looking at it, isn't even half of what is required to apply when no one knows you.
If I don't know you and your application doesn't stick out to me in any way you pretty much have not bothered applying.

And now you've wasted both your chances, and yet you're not getting out of it.
And in all honesty 24 hours really fucked you over. How stupid do you have to be. . .

If people get that question wrong it's pretty much an auto deny for me, every time. 24 hours? Really? Not even a chance in hell I would hire someone who lacks that much common sense.
Yeah you helped kids in Africa, whoopdy shit kiddo, you still didn't know how long it took for the earth to go around the sun, something you learned in grade 2.

wheres the like button?
Back to top Go down
racoes
Level 2
Level 2
racoes

PostSubject: Re: xRyan's GM Application   xRyan's GM Application EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 3:55 pm

Anna wrote:
racoes wrote:

This pisses me off.

If I don't know you and your application doesn't stick out to me in any way you pretty much should not have bothered applying.

And now you've wasted both your chances, and yet you're not getting anything out of it.

Actually, Anna, I did know. I thought it would be funny, and it got like 100 people to smega how funny it was. So then I was sorry, and I corrected it because I saw you didn't like it. And I never said I was more qualified, but going to Africa to do that was a major thing in my life, and so I put it under the category because it's an accomplishment I'm proud of doing. I never meant for it to be like I'm better than any other person, because I'm not. I'm not trying to be rude and I'm not QQing, but I respect your decision because your a boss here and no matter what anyone says, you have the right to do what you want. Thank you for your time, and hopefully one day you'll give me a chance to show you that I am qualified to be a game master on this server. Thanks again! Have a good day.
Back to top Go down
racoes
Level 2
Level 2
racoes

PostSubject: Re: xRyan's GM Application   xRyan's GM Application EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 3:57 pm

And about the "i" thing, again, I wasn't being rude. It's simply a fact, not anything personal. I understand that the 24 hour thing is auto deny for you, but this application has the correct answer, therefore I don't see how that upholds. Anyhow, I'm sorry if it made you angry. That wasn't my intentions at all.
Back to top Go down
SoulBot
Boss.
Boss.
SoulBot

PostSubject: Re: xRyan's GM Application   xRyan's GM Application EmptyTue Jan 04, 2011 4:02 pm

LOl guize it takez 24 hrs for the erth to go arund the son LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

How the fuck is that even moderately funny. . .
I don't get the humor of little kids. . . that's just moronic and making yourself out to lack any sort of brain.......
But okay if you think being a complete moron is funny, I wish you luck in life with your fail sense of humor.
I'll just throw this into denied due to the amount of fail spewing from it now. (:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: xRyan's GM Application   xRyan's GM Application Empty

Back to top Go down

xRyan's GM Application
Page 1 of 1