SoulMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SoulMS

SoulMS Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Jason's GameMaster application.

Go down 
+7
PB&Jaymee
Inebriated
Dank
Nicksterr
Sapphire
Captivate
Jason<3
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
shadi3
Level 2
Level 2

Jason's GameMaster application. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jason's GameMaster application.   Jason's GameMaster application. - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 6:38 pm

/begin srsmood thinkin

This post is directly meant for Jason, however anyone else who wishes to read it, is welcome to as well.

This is going to be a semi-long post, so if you are one who prefers not to read much, skip to the bottom for the TLDR version.

Okay, to start, personally, I tend not to reply to other topics which are posted by other players looking to be a potential gamemaster for a server. The first reason being because I typically don't know the applicant well enough to judge their applications and the second reason being quite related to what you stated in your most recent post. However I believe after everything I have just read in this topic, it warrants a response.

Jason, you stated:
Jason<3 wrote:
Everyone flames each other to make themselves look better. You think my application was bad? Look at your own one
To a certain degree, I wouldn't be surprised if that were true, especially for the youngest players among this community. They post their own application and when they see another player post one, they try their best to point out any flaws or bash on the poster to rile them up. By doing so, they create their own sense of superiority as well as making the poster "look bad" in hopes that if you aren't hired that maybe they themselves will be.

Unfortunately, this seems to have happened in this thread to a certain degree. As can be clearly seen from your responses.
Jason<3 wrote:
You all flame me, yet you have no right to. Most of you have no idea what you're talking about, or what it means to be a GameMaster.
Jason<3 wrote:
You think my application was bad? Look at your own one.
Jason<3 wrote:
For now on I'd like for only the staff of SoulMS, the people that have the right to speak about my application, to reply. I'm sick of you guys flaming my sincere hard work, when I'd be a better GameMaster than 99% of you.

Whether or not the other people who posted in this topic had relevant points towards your application, applied themselves or are just onlookers giving what could be interpreted as "constructive criticism," is irrelevant to what it is I am trying to get at here, so I won't go into that because it would just be my opinion and that is unimportant.

My point is, you allowed their words and comments to get under your skin and didn't take their comments/suggestions into consideration.

Instead you replied with anger and fueled the fire further.

I don't have an opinion as to whether or not you should or not be a game master for this server because in all honesty it isn't my opinion to decide. It is the staffs.

If you really want my opinion on this section as a whole, I don't think applicants should be able to "rate" other's applications. If they wish to make a comment or two about a suggestion on how to improve, simply say "Good job" or "nice app" or if a person knows the applicant well and wants to share their thoughts, then that's cool too. But otherwise, it should be the staff's and only the staff's job to rate an application.

Again, that is just my opinion and those who are reading this are most definitely welcome to share my opinion or have their own if they so choose.

Okay, back on topic. Jason, simply put, your responses to the people posting in your thread shows me, and most likely the staff who will be judging your application, that you don't handle confrontations well with others. You are easily angered and don't take it well when others either trash talk about you or say something you don't agree with. Which presents the mindset that you don't have much patience. Whether this is true or not is irrelevant because it doesn't matter whether you are a patient person or not, it only matters what you showed in this thread to everyone (including the staff) who reads it.

Having patience is most definitely an important quality if you want to be a game master in a server. I am speaking both from experience as well as from being an onlooker of the current GM staff for this server. With the current influx of players joining SoulMS recently, there are bound to be more "noobs" asking questions and trying to become acquainted with the society here. They are going to need guidance and other than hosting events and banning hackers, one of the jobs of a GM among those previously stated is to guide the players and answer questions they have.

If you are incapable of remaining calm in "sticky" situations, such as in this thread, then how are you going to handle things in game? Despite any qualities you may have stated in your application that you do have, patience is most definitely an important one.

Please don't take my comments as bashing you because that is the last thing I intend to do. I am just giving you my thoughts about this topic as a whole and the way you responded to the community here. If you don't agree with something I have said or have any concerns you would like to voice in response to my post, feel free to do so, however I ask that you do it as a gentleman.

That's about it.

Thanks for reading if you did. If not refer to the TLDR version below.

TLDR:

You overreacted to your peers and rather than taking what they had to say into consideration, you allowed for things to get out of control. In the future, you should try to take what others have to say as "constructive criticism" and if you don't agree with what they have to say then you need to look past the disagreement and move on. Patience is an important quality to have not just in a game, but also in life.

---------------------------------------
Done.

Bolsifer signing out.
/end srsmood eee

Last edited by shadi3 on Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nicksterr
Boss.
Boss.
Nicksterr

PostSubject: Re: Jason's GameMaster application.   Jason's GameMaster application. - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 7:01 pm

assrape.
Back to top Go down
shadi3
Level 2
Level 2

PostSubject: Re: Jason's GameMaster application.   Jason's GameMaster application. - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 3:49 am

It seems as though Jason has departed from his application considering he never replied to my post. Oh well.
Back to top Go down
Inebriated
Level 5
Level 5
Inebriated

PostSubject: Re: Jason's GameMaster application.   Jason's GameMaster application. - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 8:53 am

lord be praised

"HAYGUISE I'M RIGHT EVEN THOUGH EVERYONE AROUND ME IS SAYING OTHERWISE, I MUST BE RIGHT.

I
HAVE
PERSONALITAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY"
Back to top Go down
moviestuff
Level 2
Level 2
moviestuff

PostSubject: Re: Jason's GameMaster application.   Jason's GameMaster application. - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 2:56 pm

Did u saw my app before....
It's like... THE SAME COLORS AND STRUCTURE
How come ????

Last edited by moviestuff on Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : x)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jason's GameMaster application.   Jason's GameMaster application. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Jason's GameMaster application.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2