SoulMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SoulMS

SoulMS Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Jason's GameMaster application.

Go down 
+7
PB&Jaymee
Inebriated
Dank
Nicksterr
Sapphire
Captivate
Jason<3
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jason<3
Level 2
Level 2

Jason's GameMaster application. Empty
PostSubject: Jason's GameMaster application.   Jason's GameMaster application. EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 5:30 pm

What are you applying for:

I'm applying to become a GameMaster.

Name :

My name is Jason Tan.

I'm 16 years old, I turn 17 late this year.

Where do you live/Timezone:

I live in Australia, this makes my timezone GMT + 10.

How active will you be:

I am, and will remain to be, extremely active. I usually get 2-3 hours on a schoolnight, and usually double that on the weekends.
I'm also extremely active on the forums and IRC chats, frequently helping those newcomers who have trouble running SoulMS <3.

E-Mail:

My MSN is ChaoticTrout@Hotmail.com.

Hobbies :

My hobbies include playing tennis, basketball, and soccer. I'm a capable C# and Java programmer, and I also love playing SoulMs.

How you'd handle a hacker :

There is a simple process to handling a hacker.
- Stalk in hide, and make sure this person is actually breaking the rules.
- Screenshot (or sometimes even video on hypercam/fraps) the hacker breaking the rules.
- Ban, with a good ban reason.
- !killall, !cleardrops (If a map has been vacced or glitched, this comes in handy.)
- return to my other GameMaster duties.

If two people were fighting, what would you do? :

People often fight, and it is often a GameMaster's duty to solve or prevent such fights.
Now, usually, I will let the fight run it's course, and from there I will determine if it's getting out of hand.
If things do get out of hand, I would speak to each involved player. From there I will either:
- Get the people involved together and from there get them to come to peace with eachother
or
- Take appropriate action.

How many servers have you been a GM/Admin in?(list them):

I have developed and lead my own community, but we never reached a top-10 rank in Gtop or Xtremetop.
InternationalMS is perhaps the most well known (and recent) server I was a GameMaster in.
Being a staff member in another server means little, every server is so different. You never find two communities that are the same Wink

Why should we choose you:

You should choose me because I'm a truthful, peaceful, and fun person. I have an excellent level of common sence, and I'm man enough to admit my mistakes, and fix them, should I ever make one.

Helping people is my passion. Not just in-game. Everywhere, even in real life. If anyone ever needs help, they can count on me to be there for them. This isn't just because I'm active, I'm not one of those people who hang out with their small group of friends in the Fm - ignoring people who call desperately for my help. I will never flame anyone who doesn't deserve it, and by deserving it I don't mean being a complete noob, for example. Everyone was a noob once.

I know what is asked of a GameMaster. I've been through running entire communities, I don't think a GameMaster is strictly a banhammer. I would be more then that.

Reason i applied:

I applied because I want to help SoulMS, and it's people.
I absolutely love helping people, and I'm very good at it.

Summary of yourself :

As i've mentioned above, my main passion is helping people.
I'm quite a sporty person, and work hard in school to achieve good results.
I love having fun with everyone. Massive community events are my favorite!

Extra Info:

How long does it take for the earth to go around the sun?:

365 days, except in a Leap year, during which it lasts 366 days.

In game name:

The main character I play is HecticBlade.

(For Coders only) Can you Java code? :
If so please supply examples of what you've coded. (The actual code or screenshots of the thing you made.)

I can code, but that's not what I'm looking to do at the moment. I need a break from developing. Wink
If you're desperate we can talk things over =D

Simple questions.

1.Do you know the players/staff well enough to be chosen? Yes.
2.Have you been on Soul MS long enough to deserve a GM position: Yes.
3.Do you help players any chance you get: Definetely.
4.Are you of the age that is required to apply(if no you might as well delete this app now): Yes.
5.Please specify exactly(or around) how long you have been playing Soul MS: One month.

Thanks very much for reading my application. I hope you consider me to join your team.

~Jason
Back to top Go down
Captivate
Noob
Noob
Captivate

PostSubject: Re: Jason's GameMaster application.   Jason's GameMaster application. EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 5:52 pm

Did you get your sister to write this application for you or do you usually fill in applications with all the evil things you would never, ever do with the intent of accenting the things you love?

Not saying you'd be a trash GM, but goodness gracious, your responses are so textbook... nothing here stands out. Not really meaning to offend here, but GMs such as yourself are usually helpful to those who need a "Maplestory for Dummies" book published, and not so much interesting to more veteran players.
Back to top Go down
Jason<3
Level 2
Level 2

PostSubject: Re: Jason's GameMaster application.   Jason's GameMaster application. EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 6:34 pm

Ahh, thanks for saying that.

I am not the type of person to joke around or spam funny pictures in my application.
What I say sounds textbook, to an extent, because of my experiance and knowledge.
When something is your passion you don't take it lightly.

I mentioned a few things I would do for two reasons.
- Similar things have happened in this server and many others.
- It accents my personality, and style of moderation.
Back to top Go down
Captivate
Noob
Noob
Captivate

PostSubject: Re: Jason's GameMaster application.   Jason's GameMaster application. EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 6:37 pm

You can still be funny while knowledgeable.

Hell, claiming to have knowledge or experience online is complete bullshit anyway, bro. Anyone can pretend that they know it all. Think of all the things an admin would want you to know, have a rudimentary knowledge of their preferred language, and you're set.

Back to top Go down
Jason<3
Level 2
Level 2

PostSubject: Re: Jason's GameMaster application.   Jason's GameMaster application. EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 6:42 pm

What you say is true, though I believe I am both fun and knowledgeable.

Anyone could claim anything on the internet. Again, a true statement.
But I hope you can see, from the way I spoke in my application, that I am knowledgeable.

Back to top Go down
Sapphire
Level 2
Level 2

PostSubject: Re: Jason's GameMaster application.   Jason's GameMaster application. EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 8:16 pm

It isn't a bad application but nothing really stands out.
Back to top Go down
Nicksterr
Boss.
Boss.
Nicksterr

PostSubject: Re: Jason's GameMaster application.   Jason's GameMaster application. EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 8:30 pm

Meh i'm tired. forget this comment.
Back to top Go down
Jason<3
Level 2
Level 2

PostSubject: Re: Jason's GameMaster application.   Jason's GameMaster application. EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 9:35 pm

I understand what you guys are saying.

I didn't put these things in my application.
- Jokes
- Funny pictures
- smiley spams

Looking at the applications that were excepted, many of them are a bit more fun.
As I said before, I'm serious in my application. In game I'm usually relaxed and fun.
(Though I certainly know when to be strict or when to be fun.)
Back to top Go down
Captivate
Noob
Noob
Captivate

PostSubject: Re: Jason's GameMaster application.   Jason's GameMaster application. EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 9:49 pm

Jason<3 wrote:
I understand what you guys are saying.

I didn't put these things in my application.
- Jokes
- Funny pictures
- smiley spams

Looking at the applications that were excepted, many of them are a bit more fun.
As I said before, I'm serious in my application. In game I'm usually relaxed and fun.
(Though I certainly know when to be strict or when to be fun.)

Most of the GMs are "fun", or at least appreciate a halfway decent attempt at fun.

You know what a lot of smart people do when they want something? Appeal to a decision-maker's best interests. You think you can be relaxed and fun? You think your personality can match that of the rest of the staff so you can work together worth a damn?

Get on proving that, son.
Back to top Go down
Dank
Level 5
Level 5
Dank

PostSubject: Re: Jason's GameMaster application.   Jason's GameMaster application. EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 9:57 pm

Going to be short and blunt.

You're boring, a stereotypical want-to-be GM type of person. Your application didn't stick out to me, nor have you been someone who is in my own favor. I'd like to see a little more work in game from you. A gm is not only expected to do their job, but you need a personality as well.
Back to top Go down
Jason<3
Level 2
Level 2

PostSubject: Re: Jason's GameMaster application.   Jason's GameMaster application. EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 10:06 pm

My personality is different to that of some staff members, but that's fine.

The fact is, nobody can prove that until they actually are selected.
So, if I am selected, that will be the second thing I will prove to you, and the rest of SoulMS.

Dank, You rarely ever see me in-game. Except on Sundays, like today, because our Timezones are apparently very different.
The fact is, (As I also mentioned above.) I work constantly in the Irc and In-game to help people.

Honestly, we've had our disagreements and I understand that I'm not in your favor.
Though, I believe my personality is very exuberant. I didn't smash my fun side at you in this application, because it's a serious one, unlike many others. See me in-game, and you'll know what i'm talking about =]

Back to top Go down
Sapphire
Level 2
Level 2

PostSubject: Re: Jason's GameMaster application.   Jason's GameMaster application. EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 10:23 am

SoulBot wrote:
You MUST read these rules below before applying to become a GM:

Requirements:

Be creative with your answers, telling us exactly the same thing that everyone else does will not show us that you deserve a position as a GM.

Add personality to your answers, humor always helps and loosens up the readers a bit, if you can make them laugh chances are they'll like you.

If you start an unnecessary fight on the forums you will lose your chance of being GM. Simple as that.

You should read the requirements and not just follow the outline.
Back to top Go down
Jason<3
Level 2
Level 2

PostSubject: Re: Jason's GameMaster application.   Jason's GameMaster application. EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 4:55 pm

I believe personality is clearly shown.

Though I hope that, because my application didn't make you laugh, you think I will be a poor GameMaster.
Or that, the reason I would be denied is because you didn't laugh.

From my application you can see that I would be a good GameMaster.
The humour is hardly relevant.

Back to top Go down
Inebriated
Level 5
Level 5
Inebriated

PostSubject: Re: Jason's GameMaster application.   Jason's GameMaster application. EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 5:31 pm

Jason<3 wrote:
I believe personality is clearly shown.

LOL, someone's not sure what a personality is then. `e_o

Let's just say it doesn't look genuine in the least. >_>;
Back to top Go down
Jason<3
Level 2
Level 2

PostSubject: Re: Jason's GameMaster application.   Jason's GameMaster application. EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 1:16 am

I feel you made a mistake there.

Though my personality isn't very exuberant, it's clearly shown.

How does it not look genuine? My application is truly genuine. My application is more genuine than half the ones you read, I think it's more that you're shocked someone shows such decency as myself. I'm upset you don't feel the same.

Do you guys really enjoy putting other people down? People that sometimes, like myself, put a lot of effort to show their true selves. People, like myself, that would make an excellent Gm?

Back to top Go down
Nicksterr
Boss.
Boss.
Nicksterr

PostSubject: Re: Jason's GameMaster application.   Jason's GameMaster application. EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 8:50 am

You'd rather try to mind fuck us and change our opinions over you than accept that we might just have a point and a different view about you. You can't take criticism for shit. You may make a just GM but you seem to have no humor and no fun side to you. In other words, the other GM's wont enjoy working with you as of right now.
Back to top Go down
PB&Jaymee
Level 4
Level 4
PB&Jaymee

PostSubject: Re: Jason's GameMaster application.   Jason's GameMaster application. EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 12:52 pm

Now, now guys. P: Let's stop bashing the poor kid.
Jason I don't really know what to tell you, lol. I like your application, but if you've really studied this server it's not really so... "srs." The community is much more laid back, silly, and immature. I'm not saying to be as "creative" >_> as Likor and post a bunch of lame-o pictors on your APP but your application is not unique at all. Nothing really shows whatever "Jason" is. Just a guy who wants the job, leaving all the personality OUT of his app.

I'd say fix up your APP so it could turn some eyes or if this is who you really are, then tough luck. It's not working.
Back to top Go down
Captivate
Noob
Noob
Captivate

PostSubject: Re: Jason's GameMaster application.   Jason's GameMaster application. EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 3:23 pm

If you don't want to cry yourself to sleep and/or get ridiculously defensive given that people just wanted to throw in their two cents, I'd just read Jamie and Nick's posts.

They're putting it nicely.

Though if you're seriously this dull and/or dense, please, spare everyone's eyes and don't even bother with another shot.

Last edited by Captivate on Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
shakalaka
Level 3
Level 3
shakalaka

PostSubject: Re: Jason's GameMaster application.   Jason's GameMaster application. EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 4:14 pm

No Jamie No Neutral.
Back to top Go down
Jason<3
Level 2
Level 2

PostSubject: Re: Jason's GameMaster application.   Jason's GameMaster application. EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 4:52 pm

You people disgust me.

You all flame me, yet you have no right to. Most of you have no idea what you're talking about, or what it means to be a GameMaster.

This section is turning into a joke, everyone flames eachother to make themselves look better.
You think my application was bad? Look at your own one.

For now on I'd like for only the staff of SoulMS, the people that have the right to speak about my application, to reply. I'm sick of you guys flaming my sincere hard work, when I'd be a better GameMaster than 99% of you.

Back to top Go down
Nicksterr
Boss.
Boss.
Nicksterr

PostSubject: Re: Jason's GameMaster application.   Jason's GameMaster application. EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 5:12 pm

Well then my comments still stand considering I was accepted as GM and was so until the day I resigned. So I suggest you go back to my comment and read it over once more, you seem to have been quite negligent to all criticizing feedback.
Back to top Go down
PB&Jaymee
Level 4
Level 4
PB&Jaymee

PostSubject: Re: Jason's GameMaster application.   Jason's GameMaster application. EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 5:27 pm

Jason<3 wrote:
You people disgust me.

You all flame me, yet you have no right to. Most of you have no idea what you're talking about, or what it means to be a GameMaster.

This section is turning into a joke, everyone flames eachother to make themselves look better.

For now on I'd like for only the staff of SoulMS, the people that have the right to speak about my application, to reply. I'm sick of you guys flaming my sincere hard work, when I'd be a better GameMaster than 99% of you.

Welcome to pressure and disrespect. I feel that you haven't played SoulMS very long, not that I have either but from what I've seen this is normal. If you cannot handle us telling you that you're bland, sparkle up or stop acting as if you've got it under control because you clearly are not taking the criticism very well.

I swear I've seen so many people diss GMs in my little mere week stay here. I've seen players demand things, whine, tell GMs to shutup, swear at them, tell them off, etc. And I've seen that the GM's crack under the moronic IQ's of the players. And the fact that you're over here WAHWAHing and QQing about people telling you you're not giving enough effort into your application leads me to think that you're not going to survive very long even if you're picked.
Back to top Go down
Vigen
Level 3
Level 3
Vigen

PostSubject: Re: Jason's GameMaster application.   Jason's GameMaster application. EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 6:05 pm

Jason<3 wrote:
You people disgust me.

I don't like to post in the GM application section, as I usually feel that I don't know the player well enough to post encouragement or compliments, or that my views have already been expressed thoroughly by another post, namely Nick, Pat, or Stoven. That being said, however. Learn to take criticism in every way, shape, form, what have you. I get shit every goddamn day as a GM. If you can't handle constructive criticism from GMs, ex-GMs, and the few players that have posted on your application, how will you handle criticism and pressure from the players ingame?

The application sections is an open forum for a reason. It gives the staff a chance to view the application and the comments from the community, including ones that criticize the application in question. If you view the accepted apps, you'll see how the community feels about the GMs before they were promoted.

EVERYONE has a right to comment and reply to your application. You're not going to be a GM to serve the other GMs; you're becoming a GM to serve the community and the players. By omitting and censoring their comments because you can't handle criticism, you simply show that you'd make a terrible GM.

vigen, out.
Back to top Go down
Inebriated
Level 5
Level 5
Inebriated

PostSubject: Re: Jason's GameMaster application.   Jason's GameMaster application. EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 6:10 pm

Jason<3 wrote:

I'm going to take a page out of Radiance's book and do some scorekeeping because you're clearly intent on digging yourself a hole.

Dank, Nick, and myself have already more or less mirrored what everyone else who isn't the staff has been saying. Great attention to detail.

By extension, the staff that's voiced their opinion doesn't seem to like you. I personally find you as well as your app nothing special, and filled with too much of everything a rainbow fairy fucking princess Admin would want to hear. Even Johnny isn't that prissy, bro. A tight-knit staff is instrumental to a server's success. Staff isn't a fan of you, app is boring.

You've made a scene and are getting WAY too defensive. There's no rule that says others can't comment on your application, it's an open forum. In addition, a lot of people here have said sensible, level-headed things, albeit a bit harshly at times *cough*Captivate*cough* (LOl), but you've ignored it based on your insistence that it is your way or the highway. Quite obviously, this is far from the truth.

In tandem with the above, you wouldn't last a day in any of our shoes, judging from what I've seen. Most of the posts here have been comprehensible and informative. You wouldn't believe the asinine bullshit that we have to deal with occasionally. Inability to deal under pressure and/or confrontation without being a crybaby. It may have been said before, but I'll say it again - you're far too idealistic. The only way you'd ever survive in a position of power was with a strong HR department watching your back or something to take out all the meanies. Guess what though, we can't afford one. Deal with it.

You're annoying but you seem smart enough for basic math. Dare you add the numbers together?

EDIT: Ninja'd by fxcking Mary. zzzz.

Last edited by Inebriated on Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vigen
Level 3
Level 3
Vigen

PostSubject: Re: Jason's GameMaster application.   Jason's GameMaster application. EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 6:21 pm

Inebriated wrote:

EDIT: Ninja'd by fxcking Mary. zzzz.

Jason's GameMaster application. JmliHw
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jason's GameMaster application.   Jason's GameMaster application. Empty

Back to top Go down

Jason's GameMaster application.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next