SoulMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SoulMS

SoulMS Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dark Sight Glitch (As well as Final Cut)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Avengous
Noob
Noob

Dark Sight Glitch (As well as Final Cut) Empty
PostSubject: Dark Sight Glitch (As well as Final Cut)   Dark Sight Glitch (As well as Final Cut) EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 12:20 am

Alright, Yes I was accused of hacking earlier today and I'm currently fighting the appeal for it, but I want to post this about the glitch that got me banned.

I'm not exactly sure how it happened. All I know is that its occurred several times to me since I joined the server. Every once in a while the server lags, sometimes for only a couple seconds, sometimes for like a minute. During especially long lag spikes I type @dispose but it never says "Done" (because its lagging derr?)

However once the server pops back into place and all the monsters start moving again if you were in Dark Sight (and also with final cut should you have that buff on) will never fade and cannot be clicked off, I believe this glitch is client sided and that other people who view your character cannot see that your in dark sight. I wish I took screen shots of this glitch when it happened today, I was going to post it however I was rushed out the door by my dad and didn't have the time to.

Some proof that may show that this glitch is client sided is that the buffs are all on timers via the server, I'm thinking that during the lag spike my timer on my buff wore off however the server didn't read it as that and it just skipped over it, however my computer did not and kept the buffs active. GM Xtreme has screen shots to show that as he was viewing me he could not see that I was in Dark Sight, yet my character gave the appearance of god mode/damage control hack. Some other client sided issues I've heard of was people hitting over 200k dmg yet when other people view them they only see max damage hits (199,999 dmg.)

The same goes for Final Cut, it never faded nor could be clicked off. The only way to get rid of it is to log off and back on, and like dark sight it kept its abilities and gave me double damage.
Back to top Go down

Dark Sight Glitch (As well as Final Cut)
Page 1 of 1