SoulMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SoulMS

SoulMS Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Curiousity. (:

Go down 
+3
Legion
SoulBot
Debutante
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Debutante
Level 2
Level 2

Curiousity. (: Empty
PostSubject: Curiousity. (:   Curiousity. (: EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 9:44 pm

Hmm, not much of a reason was given. Everything that was required of the application process was given in my application, no comment on the thread either.

http://soulms.roflforum.net/denied-f20/ohoho-shining-again-t41.htm
Back to top Go down
SoulBot
Boss.
Boss.
SoulBot

PostSubject: Re: Curiousity. (:   Curiousity. (: EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 11:16 pm

" You must get along with all of the current staff members."

I added in a new rule when the forums were made.
I've seen servers where GMs just don't get along, and it causes a lot of problems for the players and staff alike.

On my old server, actually, we had 3 GMs who fought constantly. I want to make sure all GMs get along well. Each and every single one.
Back to top Go down
Debutante
Level 2
Level 2

PostSubject: Re: Curiousity. (:   Curiousity. (: EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 11:58 pm

Who in specific? Quite frankly I don't have anything against anyone. Or is it you who has something against me? I recall you saying you don't as well. From what I can tell is that you didn't even read the application, not to take it to offense but I find that a bit disrespectful.
Back to top Go down
SoulBot
Boss.
Boss.
SoulBot

PostSubject: Re: Curiousity. (:   Curiousity. (: EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 12:09 am

I don't like you. (:

edit: there are others -will not be named- who aren't uber fond of you either.

edit edit: I did read the whole application thoroughly, but again, hiring GMs that other GMs aren't 110% friendly with, or who they argue with/have argued with/dislike in some way or w.e is a bad idea.

Best to keep peace and zen in the staff of ~ SoulMS ~

Last edited by Anna on Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Debutante
Level 2
Level 2

PostSubject: Re: Curiousity. (:   Curiousity. (: EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 12:10 am

That's nice, but aren't you suppose to be unbiased?

Edit: Being a GM isn't about if your the most liked person, it's about if you can DO your job correctly. You out of all people should know that.

Last edited by Debutante on Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SoulBot
Boss.
Boss.
SoulBot

PostSubject: Re: Curiousity. (:   Curiousity. (: EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 12:11 am

Debutante wrote:
That's nice, but aren't you suppose to be unbiased?

Who said?
Back to top Go down
Debutante
Level 2
Level 2

PostSubject: Re: Curiousity. (:   Curiousity. (: EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 12:11 am

You did last time I commented that you were biased with GM applications.
Back to top Go down
Legion
Level 4
Level 4
Legion

PostSubject: Re: Curiousity. (:   Curiousity. (: EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 12:14 am

Being 'biased' and wanting to be able to cooperate with someone well are two different things. She said it wasn't only her that dislikes you in the staff; if you've already made enemies, you're fighting a losing battle. It's impossible to be 100% unbiased, as well.
Back to top Go down
SoulBot
Boss.
Boss.
SoulBot

PostSubject: Re: Curiousity. (:   Curiousity. (: EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 12:17 am

Legion wrote:
Being 'biased' and wanting to be able to cooperate with someone well are two different things. She said it wasn't only her that dislikes you in the staff; if you've already made enemies, you're fighting a losing battle. It's impossible to be 100% unbiased, as well.

I like you. : )
Back to top Go down
Debutante
Level 2
Level 2

PostSubject: Re: Curiousity. (:   Curiousity. (: EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 12:21 am

Well understood Legion, but I have nothing against anybody. If somebody takes something to offense in which only good intentions were intended, how is it I who made the enemy? Being fully unbiased is not what I was asking for in that time period either, I gave real solutions besides just saying "You should be demoted." I am willing to put away differences rather easily, and if they are supposedly mature they should be able too.

Last edited by Debutante on Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SoulBot
Boss.
Boss.
SoulBot

PostSubject: Re: Curiousity. (:   Curiousity. (: EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 12:26 am

Debutante wrote:
Well understood Legion, but I have nothing against anybody. If somebody takes something to offense in which only good intentions were intended, how is it I who made the enemy? Being fully unbiased is not what I was asking for in that time period either, I gave real solutions besides just saying "You should be demoted." I am willing to put away differences rather easily, and if they are supposebly mature they should be able too.

supposebly?
I'm gonna pull a Ray here and say you fail. Don't try and act all smart and know-it-all like...it's supposedly.
There's no P in it kiddo. . .
Back to top Go down
Debutante
Level 2
Level 2

PostSubject: Re: Curiousity. (:   Curiousity. (: EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 12:28 am

Oops, typo. Sorry this isn't me trying to act smart, please leave those other sub-topics behind us for now. We can handle this without those unnecessary comments. (:
Back to top Go down
SoulBot
Boss.
Boss.
SoulBot

PostSubject: Re: Curiousity. (:   Curiousity. (: EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 12:30 am

Debutante wrote:
Oops, typo. Sorry this isn't me trying to act smart, please leave those other sub-topics behind us for now. We can handle this without those unnecessary comments. (:

mhmmmm Curiousity. (: 443491
Back to top Go down
Debutante
Level 2
Level 2

PostSubject: Re: Curiousity. (:   Curiousity. (: EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 12:36 am

I believe it's still possible to put away our differences, right? (:
Back to top Go down
SoulBot
Boss.
Boss.
SoulBot

PostSubject: Re: Curiousity. (:   Curiousity. (: EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 12:38 am

I still won't like you. : )

And also, I really have no desire to hire someone who's application is just SLIGHTLY above average.
I need something that pops right out of the page and makes me go "Holy fucking shit that person is amazing" to even CONSIDER hiring them first, your application did not do this in any way.

In a server there's 1 GM for about every 8-15 people, on average on most servers(out of the top 20-15ish)

So there really aren't many GM spots open for people in the end, and I don't feel someone mediocre should get that position, ever.
Back to top Go down
Debutante
Level 2
Level 2

PostSubject: Re: Curiousity. (:   Curiousity. (: EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 12:39 am

Not my objective, I have my priorities straight. By the way, what's with the taunting?

Edit: I keep it professional and to the point on my applications. Mediocre? Hmm, you would think differently if you saw me acting upon as a staff member. However, further debating my abilities is beyond this discussion. I've seen your applications before in other servers Anna, and I didn't see anything quite special either. You cannot base fully how a person acts as a staff member based on an application, and I think you know that well.
Back to top Go down
Legion
Level 4
Level 4
Legion

PostSubject: Re: Curiousity. (:   Curiousity. (: EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 12:53 am

Debutante wrote:
Not my objective, I have my priorities straight. By the way, what's with the taunting?

Edit: I keep it professional and to the point on my applications. Mediocre? Hmm, you would think differently if you saw me acting upon as a staff member. However, further debating my abilities is beyond this discussion. I've seen your applications before in other servers Anna, and I didn't see anything quite special either. You cannot base fully how a person acts as a staff member based on an application, and I think you know that well.

Spoiler:

It's true, professionalism is important in an application. However, if that's not only what the person who judges them is looking for, you cannot expect to go far. True, you may do better as a staff member than your application lets on. Think about this as a real life situation, though: The business gets, what, 20 applications a day. They can read them all, but they can't just let every single person try it out then judge them. Instead, they test the people who stand out among the applications. If you didn't stick out to Anna, you fall in with all the other applications that people skimmed over and branded as average.

Also, ad hominem. Anna's application is irrelevant to the topic, really.
Back to top Go down
SoulBot
Boss.
Boss.
SoulBot

PostSubject: Re: Curiousity. (:   Curiousity. (: EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 12:58 am

Legion wrote:

Spoiler:

It's true, professionalism is important in an application. However, if that's not only what the person who judges them is looking for, you cannot expect to go far. True, you may do better as a staff member than your application lets on. Think about this as a real life situation, though: The business gets, what, 20 applications a day. They can read them all, but they can't just let every single person try it out then judge them. Instead, they test the people who stand out among the applications. If you didn't stick out to Anna, you fall in with all the other applications that people skimmed over and branded as average.

Also, ad hominem. Anna's application is irrelevant to the topic, really.

this. I need not say anything more than this, pretty much all I'd say is right here, though I'd say it in a more bitchy way to make you QQ more. ^.^
Back to top Go down
Debutante
Level 2
Level 2

PostSubject: Re: Curiousity. (:   Curiousity. (: EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 1:00 am

You missed the point of Anna's applications. The point is her quality of applications were not as good as how good of a staff member she is. Really, this isn't about the quality of my application. The point is even if I had an application that was brilliant in her eyes, she would deny it due to not liking me. The gesture of disrespect that shows is primarily why I created the topic in the first place. Purely curious Legion, did you read my application by any chance?
Back to top Go down
Moto
Level 3
Level 3
Moto

PostSubject: Re: Curiousity. (:   Curiousity. (: EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 1:06 am

Anna, Basically you're saying that he has no chance on getting GM for the simple fact that you don't like him?

He should have equal rights as everyone and being LOVED as everyone.

If he has some problems with other players on SoulMS I'm sure that he could put that aside and forgive and forget with anyone he has conflict with.

I liked you're app, But it wasn't as unique as anna probably wants it to be.
Back to top Go down
SoulBot
Boss.
Boss.
SoulBot

PostSubject: Re: Curiousity. (:   Curiousity. (: EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 1:07 am

Debutante wrote:
You missed the point of Anna's applications. The point is her quality of applications were not as good as how good of a staff member she is. Really, this isn't about the quality of my application. The point is even if I had an application that was brilliant in her eyes, she would deny it due to not liking me. The gesture of disrespect that shows is primarily why I created the topic in the first place. Purely curious Legion, did you read my application by any chance?

As I said, I don't want GMs who have issues with other GMs, so yes, I most definitely would have denied you regardless.

And I have yet to put in effort into other servers I played on, for their GM applications, because they are nowhere near as picky as I am when it comes to GMs.
On the other servers I merely needed to talk to the owner and show him how awesome I am, and on most-not all- of the servers I applied on, I was a GM, though most of the time I didn't really bother playing cuz the server was balls.If I don't like someone, why should they be accepted as a GM? Though I don't run this server, I do do a lot of things to help Johnny. Example: I made the forums, and the old forums.
I also deal with the donators, giving them their prizes etc. I also help pick out the GMs, because regardless of if I'm a bitch or not I do tend to have good judgement when it comes to GMs, when finding the GMs who are really really good at what they do. Example- Krissy.

And if you'd note, Krissy came around and was clearly going to be a GM, but the person she's been getting along with the most is CeeGANO. The reason he was hired is because we wanted to attract an older player base, and apparently it worked, since she came along too and has enjoyed her stay mostly because of him.
Back to top Go down
Debutante
Level 2
Level 2

PostSubject: Re: Curiousity. (:   Curiousity. (: EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 1:09 am

I love Chris don't get me wrong, and if Krissy = Kristine. If I recall correctly somebody told me she was a GM on your old server.
Back to top Go down
SoulBot
Boss.
Boss.
SoulBot

PostSubject: Re: Curiousity. (:   Curiousity. (: EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 1:10 am

Moto wrote:
Anna, Basically you're saying that he has no chance on getting GM for the simple fact that you don't like him?

He should have equal rights as everyone and being LOVED as everyone.

If he has some problems with other players on SoulMS I'm sure that he could put that aside and forgive and forget with anyone he has conflict with.

I liked you're app, But it wasn't as unique as anna probably wants it to be.

Other staff members. Again, I don't want issues between staff members.
And each GM gets a say on who gets to be accepted or not, if there's even ONE "I don't want him as a GM" that person will be denied.
And there has been more than one against Devin.
Back to top Go down
Moto
Level 3
Level 3
Moto

PostSubject: Re: Curiousity. (:   Curiousity. (: EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 1:11 am

Supposedly, Everyone LOVED devin but you didn't. He'd get denied anyways?
Back to top Go down
SoulBot
Boss.
Boss.
SoulBot

PostSubject: Re: Curiousity. (:   Curiousity. (: EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 1:16 am

Moto wrote:
Supposedly, Everyone LOVED devin but you didn't. He'd get denied anyways?

I am part of the staff, so yes.
Again, as I said, if even ONE PERSON in the staff dislikes the person, whether it be myself, Johnny, Andrea, Dave(Shine...i think that's his name..=D) or Omar or any of the staff members(besides the ones who are never on anyway) then yes, even if one dislikes the person, they'd be denied.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Curiousity. (:   Curiousity. (: Empty

Back to top Go down

Curiousity. (:
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SoulMS :: Archives :: Garbage-
Jump to: