SoulMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SoulMS

SoulMS Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My rage belongs here

Go down 
+2
Administrator
Mela
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mela
Noob
Noob

My rage belongs here Empty
PostSubject: My rage belongs here   My rage belongs here EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 1:41 pm

Because this is a forum.

------- Rage list ---------
I'm sick of being d/c'd everytime something really shiney or dramatic happens.
I'm tired of wasting cash on zakum runs to be DC'd or crashed
I'm tired of extracting SoulMS and replacing the hackshield and SMS client everytime I want to play
I'm tired of pots not working 100% of the time
I'm tired of pots freezing
I'm sick of having nothing to do because there are not enough quests to do or they are bugged.
I am tired of debating wether to play this server because of poor matience...
I am tired of people isolating themselves on this server so they can Hack then Transfer to another account to say how cool they are.
I'm tired of people spending money on this server to get items, thanks alot you are keeping the server alive for an extra day and at the same time making it go down... This is how Nexon sues people...
I am tired of people donating and the money does nothing.... If people are donating so much why not get a fucking employee to fix the shit thats wrong with this server...
I am tired of random lag spikes.
I am sick of every item I find being somewhat worthless because of donor items..
I am sick of donor items.
I am sick of people with donor items bragging.
I am sick of lvl 60s dmg capping because of donor items. Isen't that abusing the game? go do that shit on a highrate server where no one cares and stop 1 shotting all the rpg bosses...

>I am sick of GMs not having all the powers they should to maintain balance in the server<

As you can tell, the server did something to piss me off and set me on a rampaging nerd rage so hard that it actually went to forums.
I crashed because of this horrible, absolutly terrible- client launcher at 1% pap, and after placing my EOF and spawning zakum instant DC crash..

You know how you get so into a rage that you actually say the words out loud? Well I am screaming at my computer this.

FIX THE SHIT PLEASE... (I didn't say please when i screamed)(And I didn't really scream, but I did say it.)

P.S.
Soul, when you come back- if you teach me how to NPC Code, I will infact code in all of the neo city quests. Give us something to do!!! I almost want to go play runescape private servers!!!!!!!!!! SOOOOOO BORED.........................

P.S.S.
How did your thing go soul? what happened O_o?

P.S.S- P.S.
I don't know how long this server has been going, but how much has it improved from when it started? this server has seen a reset, what has been fixed? It looks like a generic buggy server, does the server have a virus??? are people DDoSing? I mean what is up?
Also- Can't wait till the new domain comes(someone said we are moving servers/domain)

P.S.S.S- P.S.
I know this seems really directed at Soul himself, and it mainly is- if you got real problems, thats fine. But, if you are taking donations for improvement for a server, use them for more than just connection, get a programmer, get acoder, get someone to help you out if you need it. Open Coder apps, teach a friend- teach the GMs, stop backbone-ing all the hardwork on yourself and get some fricken help, you have 100 people online a day- that doesn't mean we have to have 1 person managing. Get a co-owner, co-host- anything to help you out.
Back to top Go down
Administrator
Level 4
Level 4

PostSubject: Re: My rage belongs here   My rage belongs here EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 2:31 pm

Mela wrote:
I am tired of people donating and the money does nothing.... If people are donating so much why not get a fucking employee to fix the shit thats wrong with this server....

Imma quote that cause that caught my attention, find me an employee? Razz
Back to top Go down
http://soulms.roflforum.net
PB&Jaymee
Level 4
Level 4
PB&Jaymee

PostSubject: Re: My rage belongs here   My rage belongs here EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 4:30 pm

If you haven't noticed, Soul's not really interested in changing the server. He's picky, stubborn, and lazy. I doubt he'd hire any strangers cause of recent drama. At least something's getting done though. I mean, FUCK. Finally something's getting done. :3
We're almost there, Male-a. <3
Back to top Go down
Administrator
Level 4
Level 4

PostSubject: Re: My rage belongs here   My rage belongs here EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 4:47 pm

PB&amp;Jaymee wrote:
If you haven't noticed, Soul's not really interested in changing the server. He's picky, stubborn, and lazy. I doubt he'd hire any strangers cause of recent drama. At least something's getting done though. I mean, FUCK. Finally something's getting done. :3
We're almost there, Male-a. <3

You kinda went against yourself up there. Things getting done, or am I lazy?
Well either way, trust me.. If I could fix everything I would, though I am a person after all, there are somethings that are more complicated for me to fix.
Back to top Go down
PB&Jaymee
Level 4
Level 4
PB&Jaymee

PostSubject: Re: My rage belongs here   My rage belongs here EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 4:48 pm

It means you're improving. ilav
Back to top Go down
GunEcstasy
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: My rage belongs here   My rage belongs here EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 9:28 pm

Soul, How often is the server being restarted?

I can tell you without a doubt that soulms.exe (client) has a memory leak. After running a while, it will start taking up to over a GB of RAM, even after maplestory has been closed.

Secondly, the server itself most obviously has a memory leak or problem with getting backed-up with data to process. After running for a while, the server starts to lag. It is only a day or two after a server restart that it runs smoothly. Are you unable to check the RAM usage of the server to confirm this, or at least notice it somehow? Perhaps playing the game from someone else's computer when everyone is complaining of lag?
Back to top Go down
Squab
Level 2
Level 2
Squab

PostSubject: Re: My rage belongs here   My rage belongs here EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 9:52 pm

Mela i think that most of those problems are caused from your computer not SoulMS because only 2 or 3 of those things happen to me...
Back to top Go down
PB&Jaymee
Level 4
Level 4
PB&Jaymee

PostSubject: Re: My rage belongs here   My rage belongs here EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 10:24 pm

Well Male-a, I'd have to agree with Squab on this part.
Back to top Go down
Mela
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: My rage belongs here   My rage belongs here EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 2:08 am

Squab wrote:
Mela i think that most of those problems are caused from your computer not SoulMS because only 2 or 3 of those things happen to me...

some other people said they had the same problem, can you help me fix if it is my computer?

I have a XPS 420
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 2.40GHZ
Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack 1
32-Bit Operating system

I have UAC off, I have Avast Anti Virus, I have Mozilla firefox installed- No Google Chrome, VLC installed, infranView installed
Team Viewer installed, Winrar, CCleaner, Malwarebytes, and other basic utilties.

Is there anything I can do? Is it a registry problem? I use CCleaner every 1-4 hrs and everytime i restart.

-
Also WB Soul, teach me how to NPC code so I can help you ;/
- I have 0 coding exp besides basic batch files- because my mom pushes buttons on her computer so I make direct links so she doesn't get a virus ._.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Where did u go btw soul??
Back to top Go down
Serotonin
Level 2
Level 2
Serotonin

PostSubject: Re: My rage belongs here   My rage belongs here EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 4:15 am

Mela wrote:
Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack 1
32-Bit Operating system

This.
Back to top Go down
GunEcstasy
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: My rage belongs here   My rage belongs here EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 5:01 am

What the fuck would Windows Vista have to do with random lag spikes and shit that is OBVIOUSLY a server sided issue? Seriously?

The OP's 3rd "P.S." makes a good point. This server has been up a LONG time and we've had these same issues with lag. Regular maple doesn't do it, most other PS don't do it, meaning that it is CLEARLY nothing to do with the client side. Maplestory works fking fine. It is the server that, when not restarted in a while, lags.

Even the client has a memory leak. Play SoulMS for a few hours, exit the game, then open task manager a see how much RAM Soulms.exe is taking. *Ghasp* memory leak? Yeah.

My specs are Q6600, 4 GB RAM, 9800 gtx+, with Windows 7 64-bit. I have a 12 mbps connection through comcast. Everything is overkill for playing a maplestory private server... this is a server issue, period.
Back to top Go down
Administrator
Level 4
Level 4

PostSubject: Re: My rage belongs here   My rage belongs here EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 6:21 am

You guys mentioned memory leaks, you guys are also aware that they are hard to fix/control amirite?
Unless you got a suggestion/tips on fixing them, complain less cause trust me, if I knew how to do it myself I would, currently its not that I don't do it cause I'm lazy, I don't have enough knowledge to control the leaks. Am I looking for an employee/help? Yes I am. professional help would be useful.
Back to top Go down
PB&Jaymee
Level 4
Level 4
PB&Jaymee

PostSubject: Re: My rage belongs here   My rage belongs here EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 11:26 am

Mela, I'm perfectly capable of handling my lag spikes. I don't know why, but after v88, I get lag spikes on whatever server I play like every 10 seconds. They're slightly brief and hinder my JQing a lot. However if you're able to time them right, waiting a few seconds for it to pass is a lot better than rushing through and falling and having to do it all over again.

I've got exactly what Sero quoted. I'm not experiencing much of what you say you are. I've also found out how to cc without freezing.
Back to top Go down
GunEcstasy
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: My rage belongs here   My rage belongs here EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 3:13 pm

Thanks for responding, Soul. I came off a bit harsh but I was just raging. I'm also sick and don't feel good T_T
Back to top Go down
Squab
Level 2
Level 2
Squab

PostSubject: Re: My rage belongs here   My rage belongs here EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 10:01 pm

GunEcstasy wrote:
What the fuck would Windows Vista have to do with random lag spikes and shit that is OBVIOUSLY a server sided issue? Seriously?

The OP's 3rd "P.S." makes a good point. This server has been up a LONG time and we've had these same issues with lag. Regular maple doesn't do it, most other PS don't do it, meaning that it is CLEARLY nothing to do with the client side. Maplestory works fking fine. It is the server that, when not restarted in a while, lags.

Even the client has a memory leak. Play SoulMS for a few hours, exit the game, then open task manager a see how much RAM Soulms.exe is taking. *Ghasp* memory leak? Yeah.

My specs are Q6600, 4 GB RAM, 9800 gtx+, with Windows 7 64-bit. I have a 12 mbps connection through comcast. Everything is overkill for playing a maplestory private server... this is a server issue, period.

Windows vista has problems running maplestory. I don't actually know why but it just has problems with it.
Back to top Go down
Serotonin
Level 2
Level 2
Serotonin

PostSubject: Re: My rage belongs here   My rage belongs here EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 1:47 pm

GunEcstasy wrote:

I play played on Windows XP and didn't have ANY problems at all. :l
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My rage belongs here   My rage belongs here Empty

Back to top Go down

My rage belongs here
Page 1 of 1