SoulMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SoulMS

SoulMS Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

iPhone or Droid?

Go down 
+6
Serotonin
teddie
Fuher
Dank
GunEcstasy
Iuwownage
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Iuwownage
Noob
Noob
Iuwownage

iPhone or Droid? Empty
PostSubject: iPhone or Droid?   iPhone or Droid? EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 6:57 pm

The question is pretty simple.
If you don't have either, you can pick which you like better? eee

But yeah, pick what you prefer, and what model/series/whatever ;D

Example from me:
I prefer the iPhone. I have the 4g.

heeplz

iPhone love. shaplz

Last edited by Iuwownage on Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GunEcstasy
Noob
Noob

iPhone or Droid? Empty
PostSubject: Re: iPhone or Droid?   iPhone or Droid? EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 7:42 pm

I am highly against the iPhone. It's not that I hate Apple, I just hate every single product they make.

Seems like they don't embrace the homebrew community very much, which is a stupid controlling tactic to keep sheeple, sheeple. Doesn't it not even support multitasking or something?
An iPhone is little more than a "me too" device. Much like a new Mustang. Cheap, looks good, everyone has one.

Personally I've fallen in love with Palm and WebOS. Its ability to multitask is unparallelled. Physical keyboard is awesome and feels great. Homebrew is widely embraced, root access to the linux kernel is incredibly easy. The OS is based off of web programming languages, so people who already know those languages can easily program for it. Just by looking up a few linux commands and browsing through some of the OS's files, I was able to change the font in my messaging app by adding a few lines of CSS. I can't wait for the Pre 3.

Their market share is low, however. For whatever reason, the Pre's appeal is somewhat low to the average person. So to then I recommend Android. IMO, HTC makes the best android phones. The HTC Evo is impressive... but I was blown away by the specs of the soon-to-be-released Evo 3D. A 1.2 ghz dual core cpu, 1 GB of ram, a 3D camera... shockingly impressive.

Given all these points, I see little reason to embrace the iPhone, other than to have the same phone that everyone else has. Also why is your face red?
Back to top Go down
Dank
Level 5
Level 5
Dank

iPhone or Droid? Empty
PostSubject: Re: iPhone or Droid?   iPhone or Droid? EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 7:58 pm

Both suck.
Back to top Go down
Fuher
Noob
Noob
Fuher

iPhone or Droid? Empty
PostSubject: Re: iPhone or Droid?   iPhone or Droid? EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 9:00 pm

I heard droids have a bad battery life
Back to top Go down
teddie
Level 2
Level 2
teddie

iPhone or Droid? Empty
PostSubject: Re: iPhone or Droid?   iPhone or Droid? EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 10:07 pm

BlackBerry
Back to top Go down
Iuwownage
Noob
Noob
Iuwownage

iPhone or Droid? Empty
PostSubject: Re: iPhone or Droid?   iPhone or Droid? EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 11:57 pm

No love on the iPhone.. Fuuuuu----.
I like iPhones. But not macs. Macs wont even play maplestory? Lolol, at least they used to not.
Back to top Go down
Dank
Level 5
Level 5
Dank

iPhone or Droid? Empty
PostSubject: Re: iPhone or Droid?   iPhone or Droid? EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 12:13 am

Iuwownage wrote:
I like iPhones. But not macs. Macs wont even play maplestory? Lolol, at least they used to not.

Mac OS : for artfags
Linux : For the hacker
Windows : Sucks but is the only thing for gamers.
Back to top Go down
Iuwownage
Noob
Noob
Iuwownage

iPhone or Droid? Empty
PostSubject: Re: iPhone or Droid?   iPhone or Droid? EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 1:12 am

Dank wrote:
Iuwownage wrote:

THIS. Lololol Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Serotonin
Level 2
Level 2
Serotonin

iPhone or Droid? Empty
PostSubject: Re: iPhone or Droid?   iPhone or Droid? EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 1:42 am

Iuwownage wrote:

Eh, I use a Mac. And, I play Maple on it.
I use Parallels Desktop with a cracked/pirated version of Windows XP and it runs flawlessly.
secret

Dank wrote:

So true...
I'm not an artist at all, though. Unless if you consider producing music a form of art... :/
Back to top Go down
GunEcstasy
Noob
Noob

iPhone or Droid? Empty
PostSubject: Re: iPhone or Droid?   iPhone or Droid? EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 3:57 am

Producing music IS a form of art. Which actually has nothing to do with why mac is "good". It may be the only thing it is good for, but it doesn't make it good. It actually sucks at producing art, since most applications for doing so are also (or only) on windows.

As for droids having bad battery life... are you talking about the motorola droid, or the android OS in general? Because android is open source, there are quite a few different versions of the OS. This, combined with the fact that each phone has different hardware, means that you can't really say "all androids have bad battery life".
There are many cheap, smartphone wanna-be's on the market that have battery life that lasts days. This is because they have slow hardware.

For the graphics intense nature of smartphones, battery drain is phenomenal. But people want slim phones, which means batteries can't be very big. However, unlike with iphones, it is actually easy to replace a battery (either for a spare, or because it has reached end of life) on most androids.
Back to top Go down
Obnoxious
Level 4
Level 4
Obnoxious

iPhone or Droid? Empty
PostSubject: Re: iPhone or Droid?   iPhone or Droid? EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 6:26 am

Blackberry Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Crook
Level 3
Level 3
Crook

iPhone or Droid? Empty
PostSubject: Re: iPhone or Droid?   iPhone or Droid? EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 6:51 pm

Though, it's not a choice, I own a Blackberry, and I'm rather content with it.
Back to top Go down
Stone
Level 3
Level 3
Stone

iPhone or Droid? Empty
PostSubject: Re: iPhone or Droid?   iPhone or Droid? EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 7:58 pm

I used to be a big blackberry guy, loved my Storm when it was released, then upgraded to the Droid X recently and holy shit it's awesome.

And there was a report on the news pretty much saying Droid > iPhone.
Back to top Go down
shadi3
Level 2
Level 2

iPhone or Droid? Empty
PostSubject: Re: iPhone or Droid?   iPhone or Droid? EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 12:45 pm

iPhone is my personal favorite. The only problem with it in my eyes (as already explained above by GunEcstasy), is that they don't support homebrew.
Back to top Go down
Serotonin
Level 2
Level 2
Serotonin

iPhone or Droid? Empty
PostSubject: Re: iPhone or Droid?   iPhone or Droid? EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 4:14 pm

How the hell do you people end up being able to text with the really small buttons on the Blackberry? o_O
Whenever I tried texting on it, I keep ending up pressing 2 or 3 buttons at the same time. :l
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

iPhone or Droid? Empty
PostSubject: Re: iPhone or Droid?   iPhone or Droid? Empty

Back to top Go down

iPhone or Droid?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SoulMS :: General :: General Discussion-
Jump to: