SoulMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SoulMS

SoulMS Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bolsifer's GM Application

Go down 
+5
Radiance2
Beginning
BobTheBuilder
NarkamaN
shadi3
9 posters
AuthorMessage
shadi3
Level 2
Level 2

Bolsifer's GM Application Empty
PostSubject: Bolsifer's GM Application   Bolsifer's GM Application EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 7:09 pm

What are you applying for:

I am applying to be a GM on SoulMS

Name : Kyle

Where do you live/Timezone:

I live in New York (EST) however I am currently at College in New Hampshire (EST)

How active will you be:

I'm on pretty much every single day & will continue to be unless circumstances at school require me to prioritize my activities, in which case I would have to take a day off to get my work done.

E-Mail: ilovebball2@aol.com

Hobbies :

Playing video games, working out at the gym, Netflix, soccer, basketball, skiing, coding (java & c++) etc

How you'd handle a hacker :

Obviously I would take the necessary measures by taking a SS (for proof) and then ban them. Don't see too many of them around fortunately so hopefully it wouldn't come to that.

If two people were fighting, what would you do? :

I would find out what the problem was and take the necessary measures in order to bring about an agreement among them in order to stop any disturbance(s) they might be causing.

How many servers have you been a GM/Admin in?(list them):

I used to play Maplestory (gMS) way back in the day (since v.1x) and played straight through up until v.55. Around that time I quit GMS and started playing private servers & was a GM on a v.55 pserver a long time ago. (I don't remember the name of it)

Why should we choose you:

You should choose me to be a GM on your server because I have several qualities which a GM must have in order to do his/her job adequately. I am mature about things as I am a bit older than the required age to be a GM. I know how to joke around but also be serious when the situation requires it. I am very social and get along well with most people. No one is perfect and I certainly don't claim to be, there will be people who will get on my nerves (there are already players who do get on my nerves), but I do my best to not be rude to them. I also have knowledge with two programming languages (Java and C++), java being the language which this private server is based upon, so I could be of use to you in that department.

Reason i applied:

I applied simply because I thought it would be something new and fun to do. Grinding can get quite boring and hosting events occasionally for players and being there to help the new ones figure things out (not leeching them) can definitely benefit the server to help it to grow.

Summary of yourself :

I'm a 20 year old guy who enjoys life outside the walls of his computer and does social activities, but also enjoys playing video games to escape the real world and finds enjoyment playing mmorpg's as well as competitive games such as call of duty on xbox.

Extra Info:

I'm a computer engineer at the University of New Hampshire :O

How long does it take for the earth to go around the sun?:

365 days for 3 years and 366 days on leap year. So 365.25 days :O

In game name:
Bolsifer

(For Coders only) Can you Java code? :
If so please supply examples of what you've coded. (The actual code or screenshots of the thing you made.)

Yes I can code in Java. I would have to learn the semantics of how this game works and different methods which are used, but that shouldn't take too long if you are in need of me coding or altering features of the game.

If you are more interested in the actual code of what I have done, you can message me about it in game, but for now, I think the mere knowing that I am capable is enough.

Thank you.

Simple questions. (1-2 word replies please)
1.Do you know the players/staff well enough to be chosen?(This doesn't mean have you met the GMs/spoken to them once.
Mostly yes.
Do you actually KNOW them. Please stop writing "Yes" when none of us know you. Thank you):
2.Have you been on Soul MS long enough to deserve a GM position:

Yes
3.Do you help players any chance you get:
Almost always.
4.Are you of the age that is required to apply(if no you might as well delete this app now):
Yes
5.Please specify exactly(or around) how long you have been playing Soul MS:
2 weeks

Last edited by shadi3 on Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:20 am; edited 10 times in total
Back to top Go down
NarkamaN
Level 2
Level 2
NarkamaN

PostSubject: Re: Bolsifer's GM Application   Bolsifer's GM Application EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 7:20 pm

* Colour

*Simple questions (1-2 word replies please)

* The email iloveba.....

* Educated guy

+1?

(Cerdits to Radiance2 for the "grading format")
Back to top Go down
BobTheBuilder
Noob
Noob
BobTheBuilder

PostSubject: Re: Bolsifer's GM Application   Bolsifer's GM Application EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 7:28 pm

eyy ur kool guy thanks for zak ^_^
anyways color men gg nice app
Back to top Go down
Beginning
Level 2
Level 2

PostSubject: Re: Bolsifer's GM Application   Bolsifer's GM Application EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 7:45 pm

dieing............from...........dullness..........

also keep in mind, (short answers) mean short answers

Back to top Go down
shadi3
Level 2
Level 2

PostSubject: Re: Bolsifer's GM Application   Bolsifer's GM Application EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 10:19 pm

NarkamaN wrote:
* Colour

* The email iloveba.....

* Educated guy

+1?

Despite the fact that I don't believe color should be a deciding factor in an application like this, I made some changes to it. Also, I don't think it really matters what my email address is. I put the one that isn't an important email that is personal because it really doesn't need to be public knowledge.

As for the simple answers, they seemed to be simple enough as they were. Simplified them for you even further to make you happy.
Back to top Go down
NarkamaN
Level 2
Level 2
NarkamaN

PostSubject: Re: Bolsifer's GM Application   Bolsifer's GM Application EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 2:42 am

shadi3 wrote:
NarkamaN wrote:
* Colour

* The email iloveba.....

* Educated guy

+1?

Despite the fact that I don't believe color should be a deciding factor in an application like this, I made some changes to it. Also, I don't think it really matters what my email address is. I put the one that isn't an important email that is personal because it really doesn't need to be public knowledge.

As for the simple answers, they seemed to be simple enough as they were. Simplified them for you even further to make you happy.

Basic rules, they asked you for colour, they asked you for simple answers, and i was kidding about the email, don't take it personally.
Back to top Go down
shadi3
Level 2
Level 2

PostSubject: Re: Bolsifer's GM Application   Bolsifer's GM Application EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 3:10 am

NarkamaN wrote:
shadi3 wrote:
NarkamaN wrote:
* Colour

* The email iloveba.....

* Educated guy

+1?

Basic rules, they asked you for colour, they asked you for simple answers, and i was kidding about the email, don't take it personally.

Didn't take it personally. Thanks for constructive criticism. Just was voicing my opinion about the fact that the answers I gave seemed pretty short to me. One question was 4 words instead of 2, didn't find it to be a big deal. I saw the post saying they wanted color and read your comment so I added. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Radiance2
Level 3
Level 3

PostSubject: Re: Bolsifer's GM Application   Bolsifer's GM Application EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 6:30 am

Wow, another application that stuck out from the rest, good job. Time to use mine own grading system for this.
+1 like for the application. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shine
Level 2
Level 2

PostSubject: Re: Bolsifer's GM Application   Bolsifer's GM Application EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 7:55 am

Good app, i think il consider it.
Back to top Go down
Inebriated
Level 5
Level 5
Inebriated

PostSubject: Re: Bolsifer's GM Application   Bolsifer's GM Application EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 3:19 pm

Oh, look, an application worth a damn.

Good on ya.
Back to top Go down
Ravage
Level 2
Level 2

PostSubject: Re: Bolsifer's GM Application   Bolsifer's GM Application EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 8:29 am

A good guy. This app has my support.
Back to top Go down
shadi3
Level 2
Level 2

PostSubject: Re: Bolsifer's GM Application   Bolsifer's GM Application EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 12:33 am

Thanks for the support guys :3
Back to top Go down
Administrator
Level 4
Level 4

PostSubject: Re: Bolsifer's GM Application   Bolsifer's GM Application EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 6:41 am

In consideration, add me to buddy in game so we can do a lil 1 on 1 chat.

IGN: Soul
Back to top Go down
http://soulms.roflforum.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bolsifer's GM Application   Bolsifer's GM Application Empty

Back to top Go down

Bolsifer's GM Application
Page 1 of 1