SoulMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SoulMS

SoulMS Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Get rid of the Be My Friend Medal.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Inebriated
Level 5
Level 5
Inebriated

Get rid of the Be My Friend Medal. Empty
PostSubject: Get rid of the Be My Friend Medal.   Get rid of the Be My Friend Medal. EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 4:25 pm

In theory, I will admit, it's a unique, kind of cute way of building community.

Actually applied, though, I've found the server to be full of power-hungry kids who couldn't care less about community. The Be My Friend medal results in some downright creepy (and annoying~!) experiences that just bug me, because I'm picky like that. Use a smega? Get a buddy request, or a few whispers saying "PLZ CAN BUDDY YOU?". Go into fmch1? Get requests constantly from some randoms that you've never met (quite frankly, half of them seem like people you wouldn't want to meet anyway).

My rationale for saying that most of the random buddy adds aren't in the interest of friendship is that people... don't... talk. Hell, I'm pretty sure some kids DELETE people after they get the medal, because my buddy list looks barren, with the only people online being the people that didn't add me for the medal or vice versa. Sure, the rush of buddy requests might make new players feel at home, but when you have a blist of people who don't actually give two shits about eachother, it tends to be a bit on the counterproductive side. It's also just plain weird. In gMS and any private server with a good community, I've had the good fortune of knowing most of my buddy list fairly well. Before I cleaned up my buddy list and got rid of people I hadn't even ever talked to, I couldn't say the same about here.

Basically, I'm suggesting either the medal's outright removal, or at least a nerf such that it's more a novelty than something actually helpful to your damage. Keep the buddy list for buddies, not a list of people who you're using as a stepping stone and vice versa. It's a lovely idea for an ideal player base. Not to drag some people down or make anyone QQ, but the community at the present is a far cry from ideal.

The medal seems broken anyway... my NL has 25 people on its blist, the @medals command says I have like 4. Owut.
Back to top Go down
Kyozoku
Level 2
Level 2

PostSubject: Re: Get rid of the Be My Friend Medal.   Get rid of the Be My Friend Medal. EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 4:41 pm

+1 this shit is mad annoying and half the time when i reject a request it errors me out.
Back to top Go down
Inebriated
Level 5
Level 5
Inebriated

PostSubject: Re: Get rid of the Be My Friend Medal.   Get rid of the Be My Friend Medal. EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 4:42 pm

Kyozoku wrote:
+1 this shit is mad annoying and half the time when i reject a request it errors me out.

Forgot to mention that. `0`
Back to top Go down
Nicksterr
Boss.
Boss.
Nicksterr

PostSubject: Re: Get rid of the Be My Friend Medal.   Get rid of the Be My Friend Medal. EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 5:09 pm

These last two days I've had an insane amount of random buddy requests. It's quite annoying as I too don't like having random idiots in my buddy list.
Back to top Go down
Hugo
Boss.
Boss.
Hugo

PostSubject: Re: Get rid of the Be My Friend Medal.   Get rid of the Be My Friend Medal. EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 5:35 pm

Or just fix the option to block buddy requests lol.
For some people, its the only medal they can obtain for a while, seeing as the other ones are mostly bosses killing, getting to level 200, etc.

And one is a pain in the ass, killing 1000 snails.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Get rid of the Be My Friend Medal.   Get rid of the Be My Friend Medal. Empty

Back to top Go down

Get rid of the Be My Friend Medal.
Page 1 of 1