SoulMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SoulMS

SoulMS Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Step By Step Guide To Getting Microsoft Loopback Adaptor

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Savior
Level 5
Level 5

Step By Step Guide To Getting Microsoft Loopback Adaptor Empty
PostSubject: Step By Step Guide To Getting Microsoft Loopback Adaptor   Step By Step Guide To Getting Microsoft Loopback Adaptor EmptyTue Jan 11, 2011 2:34 pm

For those of you who can't download Microsoft Loopback Adaptor, here is a little step-by-step guide to help you manually install it. =]

For XP:
-Click Start, and go into the Control Panel.
-Click Switch to Category View under Control Panel on the left side (If only says switch to Classic view, then your already in Category View).
-Go into Printers and Other Hardware, and click Next.
-Under See Also in the left side, click Add Hardware,and click Next.
-Click Yes, I have already connected the hardware, and click Next.
-At the bottom of the list, click Add a new hardware device, and click Next.
-Click Install the hardware that I manually select from a list, and click Next.
-Click Network adapters, and click Next.
-In the Manufacturer box, click Microsoft.
-In the Network Adapter box, click Microsoft Loopback Adapter, and then click Next.
-Your Finished.

For Windows 7:
-Click Start, and go into Search. Type in 'cmd', right-click 'cmd' and select Run as Administrator
-Once your in the Command Prompt, run “hdwwiz.exe“. This should launch the Add Hardware Wizard. Click Next.
-Select Install the hardware that I manually select from a list (Advanced) and click Next.
-Now, from the list select Network Adapters and click Next.
-Under Manufacturers, select Microsoft and select Microsoft Loopback Adapter.
-Under Network Adapter and click Next. Now, installation should start. Click Finish and you should be all set.

For Windows Vista:
-Open up the Control Panel
-Go to Add Hardware
-In Add Hardware, click Next
-When the "Is the hardware connected?" page pops up, select Yes, I have already connected the hardware, and click Next
-In the Installed hardware list, click Add a new hardware device and click Next
-In the What do you want the wizard to do? list, click Install the hardware that I manually select from a list (Advanced), and click Next
-In the Common hardware types list, click Network adapters, and click Next
-In the Manufacturer list, click Microsoft
-In the Network Adapter list, select Microsoft Loopback Adapter, and click Next twice
-In the Completing the Add Hardware Wizard page, click Finish

To confirm the loopback adapter installed, right-click Computer, select properties. Click Device Manager and expand Network Adapters and you can see the Loopback adapter installed there.

Hope this helped!! yes

*Information put together and edited by Savior
Back to top Go down
Handyman10
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: Step By Step Guide To Getting Microsoft Loopback Adaptor   Step By Step Guide To Getting Microsoft Loopback Adaptor EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 7:18 pm

Ok but when i Try and Make one. It just freaking Doesnt connect. It tries but It has nothing to connect to . And if it doesnt. I cant play.. Simple as that.
Back to top Go down
LordSIX
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: Step By Step Guide To Getting Microsoft Loopback Adaptor   Step By Step Guide To Getting Microsoft Loopback Adaptor EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 12:52 pm

Hello, i kinda have a problem with this adapter... when i start the game (and it did that on other v88 PSs) there's a popup screen that says its triyng to find some drviers for the loopback adapter, and since it doesn't work it duplicates the loopback and creates another useless internet connection. After the first, there's usually 5-10 popup and they all duplicate my adapter so i get loads of useless connections and there's nothing that seems to work correctly. When its done, there's a window that Says "Unable to install this application, try to run as administrator".

I'm on Windows XP on a shitty 1/2 Ram computer. I'm trying everything to make this work but yeah, im not a tech geek.
Back to top Go down
Squab
Level 2
Level 2
Squab

PostSubject: Re: Step By Step Guide To Getting Microsoft Loopback Adaptor   Step By Step Guide To Getting Microsoft Loopback Adaptor EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 2:04 pm

You dont have to do that. When you first start the game it should automatically install the loopback adapter.
Back to top Go down
LordSIX
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: Step By Step Guide To Getting Microsoft Loopback Adaptor   Step By Step Guide To Getting Microsoft Loopback Adaptor EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 3:05 pm

Dude, you are not really helping me... and i retry everytime and im pretty sure my adapter doesnt work, because i have 5 useless connections and it says always the same thing as in my previous post. Im not doing anything, the game just wont work, after i click the Start Game button, theres just the wizet patcher...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Step By Step Guide To Getting Microsoft Loopback Adaptor   Step By Step Guide To Getting Microsoft Loopback Adaptor Empty

Back to top Go down

Step By Step Guide To Getting Microsoft Loopback Adaptor
Page 1 of 1