SoulMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SoulMS

SoulMS Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Click 'Start Game', but then nothing happens

Go down 
+3
ikandiboi
Jashun
lollageeee
7 posters
AuthorMessage
lollageeee
Noob
Noob

Click 'Start Game', but then nothing happens Empty
PostSubject: Click 'Start Game', but then nothing happens   Click 'Start Game', but then nothing happens EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 5:43 pm

Yup, as my title suggests, I run SoulMS.exe without any complications or error notifications, and then the box with the Start Game button shows up. Then, with a big smile on my face, I click it, and then nothing happens D;

And yes, I have rinsed and repeated, so I know it's not just unlucky, I must be doing something wrong.

I extracted SoulMS.exe and the HSUpdate.exe into their proper areas, I have a separate folder for my regular MapleStory (V.94?) and the SoulMS one (V.88), could that be the issue?

Edit: After about 10 minutes of waiting, I get an error saying something about "Update timeout".
Also, in the task manager it says that MapleStory is running, as well as the SoulMS.exe
Back to top Go down
Jashun
Noob
Noob
Jashun

PostSubject: Re: Click 'Start Game', but then nothing happens   Click 'Start Game', but then nothing happens EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 10:32 pm

1. Open up task manager
2. Click on the "Processes" tab
3. Look for and end the MapleStory.exe and SoulMS.exe processes

If the above solution does not work try rebooting your computer or reinstalling V88.
Back to top Go down
ikandiboi
Noob
Noob
ikandiboi

PostSubject: Re: Click 'Start Game', but then nothing happens   Click 'Start Game', but then nothing happens EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 11:29 pm

lollageeee wrote:
Yup, as my title suggests, I run SoulMS.exe without any complications or error notifications, and then the box with the Start Game button shows up. Then, with a big smile on my face, I click it, and then nothing happens D;

And yes, I have rinsed and repeated, so I know it's not just unlucky, I must be doing something wrong.

I extracted SoulMS.exe and the HSUpdate.exe into their proper areas, I have a separate folder for my regular MapleStory (V.94?) and the SoulMS one (V.88), could that be the issue?

Edit: After about 10 minutes of waiting, I get an error saying something about "Update timeout".
Also, in the task manager it says that MapleStory is running, as well as the SoulMS.exe

Yah me to! I'm haveing trouble on this!
Back to top Go down
lollageeee
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: Click 'Start Game', but then nothing happens   Click 'Start Game', but then nothing happens EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 2:21 am

Jashun wrote:
1. Open up task manager
2. Click on the "Processes" tab
3. Look for and end the MapleStory.exe and SoulMS.exe processes

If the above solution does not work try rebooting your computer or reinstalling V88.

What's this supposed to do?
Back to top Go down
SonnyZ
Level 3
Level 3
SonnyZ

PostSubject: Re: Click 'Start Game', but then nothing happens   Click 'Start Game', but then nothing happens EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 5:29 am

Kill your firewall/anti virus and try again
Back to top Go down
Vibe
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: Click 'Start Game', but then nothing happens   Click 'Start Game', but then nothing happens EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 1:39 pm

I'm getting the same problem, I've only started playing from yesterday and yesterday, it was working fine. ~
Back to top Go down
BladeOfFate
Level 3
Level 3
BladeOfFate

PostSubject: Re: Click 'Start Game', but then nothing happens   Click 'Start Game', but then nothing happens EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 2:37 pm

I had this error before Razz
You have to reinstall your MS v88 and do the same thing if you had a error before.
Example:If you had the Extract&Install HShield error reinstall it and make it the way it's supposed to be.
Back to top Go down
SonnyZ
Level 3
Level 3
SonnyZ

PostSubject: Re: Click 'Start Game', but then nothing happens   Click 'Start Game', but then nothing happens EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 6:05 pm

If you connected successfully already then it fails. REPLACE the soulms and HSupdate files again and go from there
Back to top Go down
iBleh
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: Click 'Start Game', but then nothing happens   Click 'Start Game', but then nothing happens EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 1:38 am

guys put the HSUpdater thingy into your Hshield then put another one in the file itself
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Click 'Start Game', but then nothing happens   Click 'Start Game', but then nothing happens Empty

Back to top Go down

Click 'Start Game', but then nothing happens
Page 1 of 1