SoulMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SoulMS

SoulMS Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I wanna join GMS when big bang happens how do I return because when I try playing

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MrShadow
Level 5
Level 5

I wanna join GMS when big bang happens how do I return because when I try playing  Empty
PostSubject: I wanna join GMS when big bang happens how do I return because when I try playing    I wanna join GMS when big bang happens how do I return because when I try playing  EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 8:30 pm

Continuing what the title says: to play it does not show the servers just a blank empty space and the start up menu
Back to top Go down
Savior
Level 5
Level 5

I wanna join GMS when big bang happens how do I return because when I try playing  Empty
PostSubject: Re: I wanna join GMS when big bang happens how do I return because when I try playing    I wanna join GMS when big bang happens how do I return because when I try playing  EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 8:59 am

Uh....
Explain better because its not clear.
Also, if your trying to play using the v88 folder thats not gonna work so you need to save the v88 somewhere else and redownload the whole maplestory folder again from Nexon.
If you have, then explain more clearly what your doing and your problem.
Back to top Go down
MrShadow
Level 5
Level 5

PostSubject: Re: I wanna join GMS when big bang happens how do I return because when I try playing    I wanna join GMS when big bang happens how do I return because when I try playing  EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 7:07 pm

Its ok I fixed it.
Back to top Go down
weowe
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: I wanna join GMS when big bang happens how do I return because when I try playing    I wanna join GMS when big bang happens how do I return because when I try playing  EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 1:23 am

i want to go back to gms for big bang too but when i try launching ms from the original folder, it says theres a hackshield error and tells me to report my problem to nexon. I have tried reinstalling ms but nothing is fixed
Back to top Go down
Savior
Level 5
Level 5

PostSubject: Re: I wanna join GMS when big bang happens how do I return because when I try playing    I wanna join GMS when big bang happens how do I return because when I try playing  EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 1:32 am

Okay heres what i think...
Now im not sure so dont flame but tell me if this works.
Your GMS Folder should be in Computer > C: > Nexon because thats the folder the site launches on.
After thats there, you should go to the website and type in your information and launch it.
Also, there should be nothing in the GMS folder that wasnt already in there when you downloaded it.
Make sure that its not trying to launch off your v88 folder.
Back to top Go down
weowe
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: I wanna join GMS when big bang happens how do I return because when I try playing    I wanna join GMS when big bang happens how do I return because when I try playing  EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 1:49 am

You have the location of the folder correct, but I reinstalled using MSSetupv92 downloaded from nexon so I'm pretty sure the folder is clean.
I then run ms from the new shortcut that is found on my desktop once installation is done and it opens my browser to the website where I type my information and then start game.
Instead of the screen turning black and starting to load the game like how I remember it happening before, it now opens the GameLauncher.
I click start game and the hackshield image will be shown but after a second, it will dissapear stating there has been an error.

Question
Back to top Go down
Savior
Level 5
Level 5

PostSubject: Re: I wanna join GMS when big bang happens how do I return because when I try playing    I wanna join GMS when big bang happens how do I return because when I try playing  EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 2:48 am

okay... thats weird..
Where is your v88 folder located?
Back to top Go down
weowe
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: I wanna join GMS when big bang happens how do I return because when I try playing    I wanna join GMS when big bang happens how do I return because when I try playing  EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 3:55 am

my v88 folder was inside another folder on my desktop
Back to top Go down
CallBack
Level 2
Level 2

PostSubject: Re: I wanna join GMS when big bang happens how do I return because when I try playing    I wanna join GMS when big bang happens how do I return because when I try playing  EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 10:01 am

You need to uninstall the game first... Rofl
Start>Control Panel>Uninstall a Program>Maplestory

Then you can use your MSSetupv92.
Back to top Go down
weowe
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: I wanna join GMS when big bang happens how do I return because when I try playing    I wanna join GMS when big bang happens how do I return because when I try playing  EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 7:29 pm

Okay so I have resolved the problem and if there are other people that have the same problem as me, well here's how I fixed it:

I did the Start>Control Panel>Uninstall a Program>Maplestory
but I accidentally installed v88 again (misclicked the setup file and didn't notice lol) so i had to uninstall it again

so at this point, I had no ms installed

Installed a clean version of v92 MS and prepatched to v93 downloaded from nexon website while the servers were down

Also, my friend told me to Start>Control Panel>Network and Internet>Network and Sharing Center>Change Adapter Settings>Disable the one that says Microsoft Loopback Adapter (Mine was under the name of Local Area Connection 2)

and now I am able to start gms again. I do not know which of these steps fixed the problem but those were the steps I took and it worked out for me.

And many thanks to those who pointed me in the right direction Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I wanna join GMS when big bang happens how do I return because when I try playing    I wanna join GMS when big bang happens how do I return because when I try playing  Empty

Back to top Go down

I wanna join GMS when big bang happens how do I return because when I try playing
Page 1 of 1