SoulMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SoulMS

SoulMS Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Guide to Potential and Enhancement

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
phomaniac
Level 4
Level 4

A Guide to Potential and Enhancement Empty
PostSubject: A Guide to Potential and Enhancement   A Guide to Potential and Enhancement EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 6:47 pm

**********This will be a quick guide while Vocaliod finishes his guide. I will remove this when his is done**********

Basic Knowledge of the Potential System

This section is to define the items and their use.

Unidentified Item
This is an equipment that has a Red border around it. It needs a magnifying glass to show and enable the hidden potential of the equipment.

A Guide to Potential and Enhancement Advanced-potential-scroll Potential Scroll:
This scroll will give an item that is not Unidentified the Unidentified status. This scroll works at a 70% success rate. When failed, the item will be destroyed. Gone. Forever. Don't want to lose your 700atk bandana? Don't use this on it!

A Guide to Potential and Enhancement Advanced-potential-scroll Advanced Potential Scroll:
Exactly the same as above, but at a 90% success rate instead.

A Guide to Potential and Enhancement Magnifying-glass-basic Magnifying Glass:
There are four different types of these items they all identify the potential of a Unidentified Item:
Basic - Level 30 and below
Average - Level 70 and below
Advanced - Level 120 and below
Premium - Any Unidentified Item

These items can be bought from any potion NPC.

A Guide to Potential and Enhancement Miraclecube1 Miracle Cube:
This awesome cash item (1,200NX) will bring your item back to it's Unidentified stage. Basically resetting the potential of the item. However, the "Item Level" will remain the same.

Item "Ranks":
There's basically three ranks that a potentailed item can reach. These ranks give the item different colours (colors for the USicans) and along with the level of the item, higher stats:

Rare: The item has a blue outline, this is the lowest level of rank, when your item is potentialed you will always get AT LEAST this rank.
Epic: The item has a purple outline. This is the middle level of rank. Depending on the stats, some people could stop cubing here.
Unique: The item has a yellow outline. This rank is the highest and mightiest. What everyone is shooting for!

Some recommended potentials that you'd like to see are listed below:

Boss Damage 20%
Boss Damage 30%
These guys are what will let you defeat Zakum and Horntail in awesome fashion! Headless Horseman and Big Foot too!

Attack 6% and 9%
Preferably more than one line of these bad boys.

STR, DEX, INT or LUK 6%-9%
Preferably more than one line of these as well.

In my cubing travels, I've yet to see any decent HB or SE or any type of those potentials here. I've cubed over 200 times now, but I'm still remaining hopeful.

********MORE TO COME********** afro

Last edited by phomaniac on Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
datacrisis
Noob
Noob
datacrisis

PostSubject: Re: A Guide to Potential and Enhancement   A Guide to Potential and Enhancement EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 9:13 pm

Its short but useful. Looking forward to more of it !
Back to top Go down
teddie
Level 2
Level 2
teddie

PostSubject: Re: A Guide to Potential and Enhancement   A Guide to Potential and Enhancement EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 4:34 am

Not much more can be said, maybe add a list about the effects of the available potentials, and how these items can be found, prices of magnifying glasses, suggestions on what potentials should be kept/rarity

Great guide
Back to top Go down
phomaniac
Level 4
Level 4

PostSubject: Re: A Guide to Potential and Enhancement   A Guide to Potential and Enhancement EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 12:07 pm

teddie wrote:
Not much more can be said, maybe add a list about the effects of the available potentials, and how these items can be found, prices of magnifying glasses, suggestions on what potentials should be kept/rarity

Great guide

Thanks, I added the suggestion of potentials. However I don't think putting the price of magnifying glasses would help the users, they could see them anytime, they're right there. Plus there's interest in the prices being lowered so I'd have to change it again if it is! and I'm way too lazy for dat shieeeez
Back to top Go down
System
Level 3
Level 3

PostSubject: Re: A Guide to Potential and Enhancement   A Guide to Potential and Enhancement EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 4:53 pm

You have some of the information wrong.
There are four tiers to the potential system.
0-30
31-70
71-120
121+

0-30 can only get 1-2% stats and any other stats like hp, mp, avoid, acc, and speed/jump
31-70 can get 2-3% stat potentials.
71-120 can get 666 or 369 or 669 stat potentials. Also Decent HB, Haste, mystic door and Sharp eyes.
121+ can get the best of the best potentials. Although, the only 120+ items in v88 is the Timeless Pendant, which can get 12% on ALL of the lines, making it 36% of any stat.
Sharp eyes - Reverse Gloves
Hb - 71+ Pants
Mystic Door - 70+ hats
Haste - 70+ shoes
Back to top Go down
phomaniac
Level 4
Level 4

PostSubject: Re: A Guide to Potential and Enhancement   A Guide to Potential and Enhancement EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 5:20 pm

System wrote:
You have some of the information wrong.
There are four tiers to the potential system.
0-30
31-70
71-120
121+

0-30 can only get 1-2% stats and any other stats like hp, mp, avoid, acc, and speed/jump
31-70 can get 2-3% stat potentials.
71-120 can get 666 or 369 or 669 stat potentials. Also Decent HB, Haste, mystic door and Sharp eyes.
121+ can get the best of the best potentials. Although, the only 120+ items in v88 is the Timeless Pendant, which can get 12% on ALL of the lines, making it 36% of any stat.
Sharp eyes - Reverse Gloves
Hb - 71+ Pants
Mystic Door - 70+ hats
Haste - 70+ shoes
Never heard of 666+ stats. Have any references? I'll test the skills.

Level 50 Unique items can have higher than 3% stat potentials, they can have 6%.
Level 0-30 Unique items can have 3% stat potentials.

I don't know where you're getting your information from, but obviously it's not 100% correct.

Here's what the skills SHOULD look like...

Haste (Shoes) [Your character must be level 70 or higher to have a chance to get this, and the item must be Epic to receive the skill as an upgrade]
Level 1 - MP -50, For 200 seconds, Speed +20, Jump +10

Mystic Door (Hat) [Your character must be level 70 or higher to have a chance to get this, and the item must be Epic to receive the skill as an upgrade]
Level 1 - MP -120, Consume 2 magic rocks, magic door lasts 120 seconds

Sharp Eyes (Gloves) [Your character must be level 120 or higher to have a chance to get this, and the item must be Unique to receive the skill as an upgrade]
Level 1 - MP -80, For 240 seconds, Critical Chance +10%, Damage +25%

Hyper Body (Top/Bottom/Overall) [Your character must be level 70 or higher to have a chance to get this, and the item must be Unique to receive the skill as an upgrade]
Level 1 - MP -80, For 240 seconds, Increase Max MP +40%, Increase max HP +40%

Whether they're that way or not on SoulMS remains to be tested.

Another thing is that this should be considered a basic guide. Vocaloid already has a thread in this forum for potentials with no information on it yet. I'm sure he'll go more in-depth about it all later.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
System
Level 3
Level 3

PostSubject: Re: A Guide to Potential and Enhancement   A Guide to Potential and Enhancement EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 5:45 pm

I've seen the 666 stats but I don't have any screen shots of it, unfortunately.
I know some of it is incorrect because I was just picking it off at the top of my head.
I'm not sure that the skills in SoulMS work though since I've been trying since the official release.
Back to top Go down
phomaniac
Level 4
Level 4

PostSubject: Re: A Guide to Potential and Enhancement   A Guide to Potential and Enhancement EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 8:52 pm

System wrote:
I know some of it is incorrect because I was just picking it off at the top of my head.
I'm not sure that the skills in SoulMS work though since I've been trying since the official release.
I've been trying too... Supposedly the item level doesn't matter, just the level of the character...
Back to top Go down
Hugo
Boss.
Boss.
Hugo

PostSubject: Re: A Guide to Potential and Enhancement   A Guide to Potential and Enhancement EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 8:57 pm

phomaniac wrote:
System wrote:
I've been trying too... Supposedly the item level doesn't matter, just the level of the character...
The level range of the item matters.
I could point you toward a real guide if you need it, basically all you need to know is, the higher level the equips is, the higher and better the stats gained will be.
Back to top Go down
phomaniac
Level 4
Level 4

PostSubject: Re: A Guide to Potential and Enhancement   A Guide to Potential and Enhancement EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 9:10 pm

Hugo wrote:
phomaniac wrote:
System wrote:
I could point you toward a real guide if you need it, basically all you need to know is, the higher level the equips is, the higher and better the stats gained will be.

Please... Just read...

I meant the skills that you get. Decent SE, Decent HB, Decent Haste and Decent Mystic Door. The "real guides" say and I quote:

Quote :
Haste (Shoes) [Your character must be level 70 or higher to have a chance to get this, and the item must be Epic to receive the skill as an upgrade]

Mystic Door (Hat) [Your character must be level 70 or higher to have a chance to get this, and the item must be Epic to receive the skill as an upgrade]

Sharp Eyes (Gloves) [Your character must be level 120 or higher to have a chance to get this, and the item must be Unique to receive the skill as an upgrade]

Hyper Body (Top/Bottom/Overall) [Your character must be level 70 or higher to have a chance to get this, and the item must be Unique to receive the skill as an upgrade]

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Hugo
Boss.
Boss.
Hugo

PostSubject: Re: A Guide to Potential and Enhancement   A Guide to Potential and Enhancement EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 9:17 pm

phomaniac wrote:
Hugo wrote:
phomaniac wrote:
System wrote:

Please... Just read...

I meant the skills that you get. Decent SE, Decent HB, Decent Haste and Decent Mystic Door. The "real guides" say and I quote:

Quote :

Thanks.
Since he was talking about 6/6/6 stats being possible, I thought you were referring to that at first. So thanks, its my mistake.
Oh and heres a SS with 9/9/9 on a belt, https://2img.net/h/oi51.tinypic.com/14mdswg.jpg if anyone is wondering if its possible
Back to top Go down
phomaniac
Level 4
Level 4

PostSubject: Re: A Guide to Potential and Enhancement   A Guide to Potential and Enhancement EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 10:33 pm

He wasn't talking about 6% 6% 6%? He was talking about +666 stat? If he was talking about 6% x3, then I'll feel mighty silly lol.

yes of course 9/9/9 is possible.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Guide to Potential and Enhancement   A Guide to Potential and Enhancement Empty

Back to top Go down

A Guide to Potential and Enhancement
Page 1 of 1