SoulMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SoulMS

SoulMS Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ohoho, Shining Again?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Debutante
Level 2
Level 2

Ohoho, Shining Again?  Empty
PostSubject: Ohoho, Shining Again?    Ohoho, Shining Again?  EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 8:10 pm

As always, I have requirements for reading my application. Your going to have to earn the +1 post for this application! (:

Requirements to Read This Application:
1. Read it with patience
2. Ability to Read
3. Give Feedback when commenting
4. Read the entire application
5. Simply Enjoy it

Name:
Devin, Dev, Demmin

In-Game Name: Debutante, wow he always shines. (Irony much?)

Time zone: California, United States. Pacific Time zone (GMT -8 )

Email: devinjoepark@hotmail.com

Activity: At least 5 hours, less on bad days.

Experience: I have a large expanse of experience that I can barely recall every single server. I’ll talk about my 4 main favorites in order to save SOME time.

MapleJuice: A small server, one of my first beginnings as a staff member. I flawlessly completed my role there as a GM till it shut down.

VolcanoMS / OldStory: Both are the same servers, did my job absolutely correctly. I eventually got sick of the decisions and misunderstandings that went throughout the staff. Which indeed left the other main staff members and I to resign from our positions. Had about 100+ players at the time.
Now, my main experiences are not in MapleStory servers but rather RuneScape servers.

Legion-X: A large community 400+ players at its incredible peak. Although I was a Global Moderator in the server, I practically took care of the entire forum community. I had about a couple thousand posts within the short time of a couple weeks, which isn’t quite bad I must say. The server shut down due to the co-owner taking advantage of the main owner, led to pure chaos.

How would you handle a hacker: Simply put depending on the type of hack the user is using will help me decide the severity of the punishment. I am quite intolerant towards hackers as I feel it is rather pathetic to hack on a private server, but that is my opinion of course. Jailing is something that is way too light for something as lethal as hacking, more than often the punishment for hacking will be a ban or ip ban.

If two people were arguing, how would you handle them: A simple argument is always easy to settle down; during arguments from players I do NOT side with any player at all. The reason for this is I am not there to prove who is wrong, or who is right. I am rather charismatic in-game, and generally depending on the situation I will easily make the argument look foolish or find the errors in BOTH players. Generally this makes many come into reality that they need to stop continuing the immature behavior.

Why should we choose you:
A common question in which most servers will have if they have an application process, a personal favorite in my opinion. Anyways, the main quality that always proves to make me far beyond expectation is the amount of patience I have. I still get aggravated just like any normal person of course, but the patience I am willing to give is a rather splendid thing. I am well aware of the limits of much patience you can give before people take pure advantage of you. A common thing many will say on their application, but really my sincerity will always be there.

As needed, I do demand respect for authority from players. Of course if a GM showed none of that, what player would listen to that staff member? In fact, what would be the point of that person being a staff member if nobody listened to his\her authority. (Suck-Ups *cough*) My respect of course is always returned to those who prove worthy of it.

Favoritism is something I do not plan showing at all; everybody is on a fair playing field in my eyes. Punishments I give for rule-breakers are neither heavy nor lightly inflicted, or fair you might say. (My aren't I the balanced type?)

I'm a community-based person as I enjoy to say, as I love the forums. Unlike most people I BELIEVE the staff is to be active on the forums, even if their departments categorize in-game. After all, I highly doubt players will be active if there is not at least a decent amount of staff members being forums-friendly as well.

I have the ability to communicate with offensive, racist, or intolerable players appropriately and strictly. I am easy to get along with as I have a friendly atmosphere if you get to know me rather well.

Obedience to higher-ups is something I can promise with ease, no doubt in my mind. I have both a strict and laid back interpretation of rules, or meaning that depending on how thoroughly endorsed a rule is will decide how serious I will take it. However, I take my rules serious, occasionally too serious actually.

One thing that proves me to make a difference is my ability to give, take, and make something out of constructive criticism. After all, isn't constructive criticism what helps us prepare to become more successful? I'm definitely not afraid to voice my opinion, and I will share it.

My knowledge about the game is to a rather high extent, helping players is something that will be done purely flawless. I actually know what I am doing, and you can tell more than easily I know what I am doing.
Although I do not find events a MAIN point in which why a person should be a GM, I can easily bring other creative ideas into the server. Including some old traditions and challenging events. I seriously do not go easy on the players with my events, haha. I would prefer to prolong the events into something more lengthy and entertaining.

Reason I Applied:
Quite frankly I see applications as any opportunity, in which they come and go. Don't expect me to get all "butt-hurt" either over simply getting denied. My maturity will show for it in the end. My intentions for this application? Well, every server strives for a main objective in choosing an excellent staff. The most obvious a mature community, activity in forums, etc. What might that have to do with my intentions you may ask. I feel my presence as a staff member will cause an even better view on the staff itself. However, in truth it basically means the same as improving the community. Many will say that to an extent, but my sincerity is always there. I could go on more about lecturing, but it ALL revolves on improving the community. So, what more is there really to say without repeating myself?

Hobbies:
My main of course is Soccer. I probably would not be sane for every long without it. I actually enjoy walking on the beach, reading here and there, improving myself, and every chance I get to hang out with my best friends.

Summary of myself: Straight-forwardly, I am purely a critic. It is absolutely engraved into my behavior to improve things with constructive criticism. Always with a 4.0 in school and never study amazingly. I’m a European Latino, which is a rather rare thing. I am a Mormon; please do not mention the belief of multiple wives. I will consider you completely ignorant, no joke. I am a sociable person, and not afraid to strike a conversation with anybody practically. Not much more I should mention I suppose.

Extra Information: As I have said previously, I see applications as an opportunity. Just like a job, if you don’t get hired you don’t just weep about it. You look for ways to improve yourself so next time so you have a better chance next time, right? Constructive criticism causes success, and quite frankly hypocrisy is something that I hate with a passion. Don’t expect it from me either, haha.

How long does it take for the sun to circle the earth:
Months: 12
Days: 365
Hours: 8,760
Minutes: 525,600
Seconds: 31,536,000

1. Do I know the GM staff well enough to be chosen?

Yes

2. Have you been on SoulMS long enough to deserve a GM position?

In my opinion, no.

3. Do you help players any chance you get?

Yes

4. Do you meet the age requirement?

Yes

5. How long have you been with SoulMS?

A week and a half
Back to top Go down

Ohoho, Shining Again?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SoulMS :: Applications :: Game Master Applications :: Denied-
Jump to: