SoulMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SoulMS

SoulMS Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My sincerest apologies...

Go down 
+2
Inebriated
shadi3
6 posters
AuthorMessage
shadi3
Level 2
Level 2

My sincerest apologies... Empty
PostSubject: My sincerest apologies...   My sincerest apologies... EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 10:03 pm

To all the players and the staff of SoulMS,

I was recently demoted and banned from the server. Whether the current staff wishes it to remain secret or not I do not know, however, I am going to share with the community my story anyways.

Essentially a couple days ago a player, who I will not name, was scammed out of an 650m when trying to initiate a drop trade for an item. That player brought it to our attention and Crook deliberated whether to give back and reimburse that player for their losses.

I got off that night not knowing what ended up happening with the situation. The next day I got on and at some point I approached that player and asked if they had been reimbursed by Crook. They said they had, but not fully. I asked how much they were reimbursed and they told me 400m. I said okay and decided (whether against my better judgement or not) to trade them and give them 150m because I,

a) felt sorry for the player and
b) thought it to be only fair they get reimbursed more money considering the amount they lost was significant.

In doing so, I told that player not to tell anyone else that I reimbursed them because I didn't want the situation to escalate and be turned into anything more than it was. I wasn't favoring a player nor have I ever before. The simple fact of the matter is, that I was trying to do my job as a GM and do what I thought to be the right thing.

Well, to say the least, apparently that player took a SS of me telling them not to tell anyone that I gave them more money for the reimbursement than was originally given by Crook and then sent it to the GM staff telling them about it.

Crook wasn't happy that I didn't approach him about it and ask if it was okay. I understand his disappointment in me for not doing so & running it by him first before giving that player more money, because he is my superior and outranks me. I made a judgement call, and unfortunately it came back to bite me in the bum. I regret my decision now & if I were to go back, I wouldn't make the same one.

I was very busy today with homework so that is partially why I wasn't on very much today, so I'm sorry for my inactivity in that regard. However, upon logging in today I was approached by another player in the community, whom I also shall not name, which asked me if it was true that I was being demoted. I proceeded to warp myself & Crook to an isolated map to inquire him about what I had been told.

He told me essentially the story I just told you above and asked me why it was I did what I did and why I didn't run it by him first. I told him, in one way or another what is listed above. All I can say to you Duy, is that I'm sorry for not running things by you first before making a decision, and that I'm sorry you felt that you had to take such extreme measures over this event. It really does suck knowing that after the hours I invested into this server, that it has to end in this way.

To the rest of the community at SoulMS, keep playing and enjoying the came. You have two awesome GMs, Teddie & Bryan who cherish the community as much as I do. I'm going to miss you all. Hopefully the new GM (Castle) does a good job at winning over your hearts. I'm honestly surprised though at the fact that she was promoted so fast after only being on the server for such a short period of time. Oh well, that isn't any of my business as to why that is.

I'll miss you all. Maybe I'll be back if Duy (Crook) changes his mind or if he speaks with Johnny (although I don't know how long that would be considering Johnny is gone for a while). Nonetheless, if you don't see me again, I'll miss you all.

Feel free to add me on MSN: ksteike1@hotmail.com

Also, Tay, if you're reading this, add me so we can stay in touch, I'll miss you man.

Thanks to all who have read this far,

Regards,
Kyle (Bolsifer)
Back to top Go down
Inebriated
Level 5
Level 5
Inebriated

PostSubject: Re: My sincerest apologies...   My sincerest apologies... EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 10:15 pm

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwkssss.
Back to top Go down
PB&Jaymee
Level 4
Level 4
PB&Jaymee

PostSubject: Re: My sincerest apologies...   My sincerest apologies... EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 10:24 pm

I was really shocked to see the notice come around. I actually hope Dwee rethinks his decision. He didn't tell me the full extent of what happened. It was absolutely not favoritism. Good luck though. >_<
Back to top Go down
shadi3
Level 2
Level 2

PostSubject: Re: My sincerest apologies...   My sincerest apologies... EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 10:27 pm

Thanks Jamie. I appreciate the support & hope that he might change his mind as well :\
If you could give him a shout in game I'd appreciate it. Also, could you contact Teddie and let him know I messaged him on MSN. As well as possibly asking xTayun/Doodoo to add me on MSN.

I'd really appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
PB&Jaymee
Level 4
Level 4
PB&Jaymee

PostSubject: Re: My sincerest apologies...   My sincerest apologies... EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 10:28 pm

Mmmm I'm not friends with those two but I'll see if I could find them for you.
Back to top Go down
tayunnn
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: My sincerest apologies...   My sincerest apologies... EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 2:00 am

o.O
Back to top Go down
Squab
Level 2
Level 2
Squab

PostSubject: Re: My sincerest apologies...   My sincerest apologies... EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 5:59 pm

You guys should unban him and re-promote him right away cause he was a damn fine GM and the only thing he did was try to make someone feel better. If you've ever been scammed you'd know the pain and sadness you feel knowing that you lost your items and that a fellow player betrayed you out of greed. He's been playing for along time and the fact that he became GM in the first place proves that he is capable of handling it. I think that banning/demoting him for helping someone was wrong. Crook if your reading this please reconsider your decision.
Back to top Go down
PB&Jaymee
Level 4
Level 4
PB&Jaymee

PostSubject: Re: My sincerest apologies...   My sincerest apologies... EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 6:01 pm

Kyle didn't put everything here. Anyways they're already resolving this situation. o-o I think this thread should close already..
Back to top Go down
Crook
Level 3
Level 3
Crook

PostSubject: Re: My sincerest apologies...   My sincerest apologies... EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 6:04 pm

Squab wrote:
You guys should unban him and re-promote him right away cause he was a damn fine GM and the only thing he did was try to make someone feel better. If you've ever been scammed you'd know the pain and sadness you feel knowing that you lost your items and that a fellow player betrayed you out of greed. He's been playing for along time and the fact that he became GM in the first place proves that he is capable of handling it. I think that banning/demoting him for helping someone was wrong. Crook if your reading this please reconsider your decision.

You can QQ all you want, you still don't know what happened. Don't feel butthurt.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My sincerest apologies...   My sincerest apologies... Empty

Back to top Go down

My sincerest apologies...
Page 1 of 1