SoulMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SoulMS

SoulMS Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

ShinyColor's GM Application

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ShinyColors
Noob
Noob

ShinyColor's GM Application Empty
PostSubject: ShinyColor's GM Application   ShinyColor's GM Application EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 2:26 am

What are you applying for - I am applying for the position of Game Master (GM)

Name - Eric Johnson

Age - Seventeen

In Game Name - ShinyColors

Email - shinycolors89@yahoo.com

Where do I live / Timezone? - New York (EST)

How active will you be? - On weekdays usually 2-3 hours and on weekends 5-7 hours

Hobbies - Soccer, Basketball, Drawing, Piano [:

How I would handle a hacker - I would let them defend themselves for a bit. Then just simply ban them C:.

If 2 people are fighting, what would you do? - Resolve it in a calm manner... In case they get more mad :3. If they get out of control.. I could always just throw them in jail. :p Anyway, the problem will be solved.

How many servers have you been a GM/Admin in? - None.

Why should we choose you - Well... Why not? ^^

Reason I applied - To become a Game Master (GM)

Summary - I'm 17 years old as I said above. I was born in California, and I moved to New York when I was in Middle school. I got introduced to private servers when I was in 9th grade. Since then I've been playing many private servers leading up to Soul MS.

Extra Info - I enjoy Korean food. <3

How long does it take for the earth to go around the sun? - 365 Days (1 Year)

SIMPLE QUESTIONS -

1.Do you know the players/staff well enough to be chosen?(This doesn't mean have you met the GMs/spoken to them once. Do you actually KNOW them. Please stop writing "Yes" when none of us know you. Thank you) - No

2.Have you been on Soul MS long enough to deserve a GM position - Doubt it

3.Do you help players any chance you get - Yeah

4.Are you of the age that is required to apply(if no you might as well delete this app now) - Yes

5.Please specify exactly(or around) how long you have been playing Soul MS - 1-2 Weeks

Last edited by ShinyColors on Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:23 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nicksterr
Boss.
Boss.
Nicksterr

PostSubject: Re: ShinyColor's GM Application   ShinyColor's GM Application EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 2:29 am

Well it's clean, but very empty.. If you were someone we knew then maybe you could fly with the whole short answer thing but we don't know you and this doesn't really give us a lot of info about you.
Back to top Go down
ShinyColors
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: ShinyColor's GM Application   ShinyColor's GM Application EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 2:33 am

Oh.. well thanks for the feedback [:
Back to top Go down
Inebriated
Level 5
Level 5
Inebriated

PostSubject: Re: ShinyColor's GM Application   ShinyColor's GM Application EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 4:08 pm

What Nick saiddd.

This is an okay app aesthetically (I say this in comparison to ... others `-`), but given the amount of time you've been around coupled with the fact that you're not really well known at all, you really can't afford to leave anything to the imagination in regards to your personality. This being said, your answers are soooooooooooooo generic it's almost painful. Sorry. D:
Back to top Go down
ShinyColors
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: ShinyColor's GM Application   ShinyColor's GM Application EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 4:35 pm

So I should add more stuff about myself?

Or more on how I would handle hackers/fights and such.
Back to top Go down
Drizzy
Level 3
Level 3
Drizzy

PostSubject: Re: ShinyColor's GM Application   ShinyColor's GM Application EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 4:38 pm

I suppose the idea would be to make your application stand out, so that it's remembered among the tons of apps that get submitted. So use the space where you have room to rant to show the community who you are as opposed to just typing generic responses.

For example, the answer to "How would I handle a hacker" is obvious. You confirm they're hacking, snap a screenshot for proof if it ever comes up at a later date, and ban the person with varying severity. Everyone's gonna say something along those lines, with some variance. A part of your job with the app is to give it your own spin, and make it memorable, while still communicating all the important pieces of information. Ye know?

Good luck.

P.S. Get on your colour game. Step it up
Back to top Go down
ShinyColors
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: ShinyColor's GM Application   ShinyColor's GM Application EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 4:40 pm

Thanks! [:
Back to top Go down
Inebriated
Level 5
Level 5
Inebriated

PostSubject: Re: ShinyColor's GM Application   ShinyColor's GM Application EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 4:40 pm

I don't know how to say this civilly and without a metaphor, so I won't.

Basically, don't make it look like you filled out one of those random surveys people come to your door to ask you to answer. It's boring to read. Do SOMETHING that allows SOME ASPECT of yourself to stand out besides factual information like where you live.

EDIT: Basically what Drizzy said. The right answer to all of these questions is obvious, but the key is making your "right answer" interesting while still being along the right lines.
Back to top Go down
Drizzy
Level 3
Level 3
Drizzy

PostSubject: Re: ShinyColor's GM Application   ShinyColor's GM Application EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 4:42 pm

Precisely.
Back to top Go down
ShinyColors
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: ShinyColor's GM Application   ShinyColor's GM Application EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 4:54 pm

Well thanks for the feed back..

Hope it got at least a LITTLE better Razz..

Back to top Go down
Drizzy
Level 3
Level 3
Drizzy

PostSubject: Re: ShinyColor's GM Application   ShinyColor's GM Application EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 4:56 pm

And even though you haven't used it yourself, avoid using the phrase "the ban hammer" for how to deal with a hacker.

It's just not funny.
Back to top Go down
ShinyColors
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: ShinyColor's GM Application   ShinyColor's GM Application EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 5:04 pm

Thanks ^_^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ShinyColor's GM Application   ShinyColor's GM Application Empty

Back to top Go down

ShinyColor's GM Application
Page 1 of 1