SoulMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SoulMS

SoulMS Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Pillowman25's Ban Appeal

Go down 
+5
Inebriated
Vigen
Hugo
Nicksterr
Pillowman25
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Pillowman25
Noob
Noob

Pillowman25's Ban Appeal Empty
PostSubject: Pillowman25's Ban Appeal   Pillowman25's Ban Appeal EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 4:08 pm

Just about 9 hours ago I was with a friend at Rotting Skeletons. There were people there but me and this other person were waiting for a guy to come and we were gonna change channels right when she came. It took quite a while for her to come but my other friend had to leave. I just jumped up and killed about four monsters. Then this one person said 'Stop killing or I will ban you'. I had stopped at this time and wasn't attacking anymore because she said that. Also, I was still standing on the platform where the monsters were. Then she started counting down "5 4 3", there was bad lag for me and then I quickly saw her say "2 1 G'night bud".

When she asked for me to stop KSing I had actually stopped attacking.

What were you banned for: KSing 4 monsters I guess? Still doesnt make sense because I stopped when she said to stop.

Who banned you: Couldnt see, she was standing with a crowd of people on the platform, and there was some lag so I couldnt open her playercard.

Why should we unban you: It was unfair, I listened when she told me, and still got banned.

Any extra info: In game name is Snipez ; Hopefully that makes it more helpful in some way.

Back to top Go down
Nicksterr
Boss.
Boss.
Nicksterr

PostSubject: Re: Pillowman25's Ban Appeal   Pillowman25's Ban Appeal EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 4:56 pm

My bet it was Anna, we'll find out what went on soon enough then.
Back to top Go down
Hugo
Boss.
Boss.
Hugo

PostSubject: Re: Pillowman25's Ban Appeal   Pillowman25's Ban Appeal EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 5:08 pm

The person who called Anna, was Vigen.
I'm in her guild and if it went down like she told us, you deserved it.
I am pretty sure she asked you more then once or twice to leave.
Back to top Go down
Vigen
Level 3
Level 3
Vigen

PostSubject: Re: Pillowman25's Ban Appeal   Pillowman25's Ban Appeal EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 5:10 pm

This was at jesters and I was training. He and his buddy came in and demolished a couple mobs, I asked them twice, politely, to leave. They told me they were waiting for a friend and kept killing anyway, while waiting. This last several minutes. I ended up asking Anna to come, and she did. She told him straight up to CC, and counted down from 5. He stood there, F6ing, after she already hit 0 and then some, so he was banned. <_< He knew what he was doing.
Back to top Go down
Pillowman25
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: Pillowman25's Ban Appeal   Pillowman25's Ban Appeal EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 5:20 pm

This is very so childish of a GM to do to someone. Maybe next time you do this you could say your a gm, because I was not familiar to any of the names. Thinking it was some other character lieing or something stupid. Isn't there some way to ban soemeone for just a couple of hours? As this is not a fair punishment for something so little. >.<
Back to top Go down
Hugo
Boss.
Boss.
Hugo

PostSubject: Re: Pillowman25's Ban Appeal   Pillowman25's Ban Appeal EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 5:23 pm

Pillowman25 wrote:
This is very so childish of a GM to do to someone. Maybe next time you do this you could say your a gm, because I was not familiar to any of the names. Thinking it was some other character lieing or something stupid. Isn't there some way to ban soemeone for just a couple of hours? As this is not a fair punishment for something so little. >.<
Basically you're saying you didn't know it was a GM so you stayed. That means if no GM would have showed up, you would have stayed there?
Back to top Go down
Pillowman25
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: Pillowman25's Ban Appeal   Pillowman25's Ban Appeal EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 5:29 pm

No I'm basically saying if you are a GM you should mention that.
Back to top Go down
Nicksterr
Boss.
Boss.
Nicksterr

PostSubject: Re: Pillowman25's Ban Appeal   Pillowman25's Ban Appeal EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 5:37 pm

There is a GM sign above their heads...
Back to top Go down
Pillowman25
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: Pillowman25's Ban Appeal   Pillowman25's Ban Appeal EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 5:39 pm

Yes that's one thing I was wondering, I couldn't see any GM sign above their heads..I wonder why?
Back to top Go down
Pillowman25
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: Pillowman25's Ban Appeal   Pillowman25's Ban Appeal EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 5:51 pm

Can't GM's ban others for just a little bit, for example just for 12 hours? I am very unhappy with this decision of banning 'forever'.
Back to top Go down
Inebriated
Level 5
Level 5
Inebriated

PostSubject: Re: Pillowman25's Ban Appeal   Pillowman25's Ban Appeal EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 6:38 pm

Nicksterr wrote:
There is a GM sign above their heads...

True, but Anna was on Annabelle, which I don't recall as having a GM sign.

Still, it was somewhat obvious... I mean, looking at the IGN alone should tell you something. I was there, and you were given ample time as well as a warning after the countdown, but you insisted upon standing there. :\ You really should've left, regardless of if there was a GM present or not. Vigen did ask politely, several times.
Back to top Go down
Pillowman25
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: Pillowman25's Ban Appeal   Pillowman25's Ban Appeal EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 6:41 pm

I said before that I could not see any names, too many people on platform. And I didn't know many GM's either. I didn't know it was that hard to mention your rank in-game.
Back to top Go down
Inebriated
Level 5
Level 5
Inebriated

PostSubject: Re: Pillowman25's Ban Appeal   Pillowman25's Ban Appeal EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 6:46 pm

Pillowman25 wrote:
I said before that I could not see any names, too many people on platform. And I didn't know many GM's either. I didn't know it was that hard to mention your rank in-game.

It might come as a surprise, but the chatbox states the IGN of whoever's talking. Considering Anna COUNTED DOWN and issued a few warnings, one would think you'd have figured out who was talking.

Ignorance and testing people never works out well together.
Back to top Go down
Pillowman25
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: Pillowman25's Ban Appeal   Pillowman25's Ban Appeal EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 7:16 pm

I thought being a GM, you guys would use your power of banning others more responsible. It seems as if you don't take the fact that some people like me put alot of work into something like this game just for someone to carelessly take it away like that because I kill 2 mobs of monsters. Just leaving some advice for you guys with future people that are like me that get banned by the GM's not thinking twice. D:<
Back to top Go down
Hugo
Boss.
Boss.
Hugo

PostSubject: Re: Pillowman25's Ban Appeal   Pillowman25's Ban Appeal EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 7:21 pm

You seem like you regret what you did BUT if it was up to me, I would keep you banned, for the simple fact that you said you would have stayed if no GM would have showed up.

Also been asked to change channel twice, nicely on top of that, and not doing so, is just an ass move.

You are saying to GM think twice, did you before ksing her and staying there?
Back to top Go down
Inebriated
Level 5
Level 5
Inebriated

PostSubject: Re: Pillowman25's Ban Appeal   Pillowman25's Ban Appeal EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 7:28 pm

Pillowman25 wrote:
I thought being a GM, you guys would use your power of banning others more responsible. It seems as if you don't take the fact that some people like me put alot of work into something like this game just for someone to carelessly take it away like that because I kill 2 mobs of monsters. Just leaving some advice for you guys with future people that are like me that get banned by the GM's not thinking twice. D:<

Think twice about being a fucktard then...?
Back to top Go down
Pillowman25
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: Pillowman25's Ban Appeal   Pillowman25's Ban Appeal EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 7:37 pm

Eh, I never said that if there wasn't a GM I would of stayed. I forgot to add that in; I always change channels when someone asks me to. In this case I had no idea it was a GM. (YES, I would CC even if it wasn't a GM. I'm sorry, but I did not see "twice" that I was asked. Only once, then came the ban threat. (And again, I didn't even think it was a gm. I thought it was someone trying to act like one. Isnt that against the rules?). I didn't know "kill-stealing" someone meant just killing 2 mobs of 4 monsters each once BEFORE they ask me to go. My friend also specified to the 'GM' that we were testing out our weapons.
I am not making up some stupid bunch of excuses. It's just hard to explain this when you guys respond with something... :s

If I should 'think twice about being a f***tard, then in my opinion I think the GM should think twice that this is a game and things shouldn't be taken so seriously. The toll of doing something so harmless shouldn't be so huge.
Back to top Go down
Legion
Level 4
Level 4
Legion

PostSubject: Re: Pillowman25's Ban Appeal   Pillowman25's Ban Appeal EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 7:54 pm

So you didn't notice it was a GM? Let's do a little math. She told you to leave. One. She counted down from five to zero. Six. That's at the very least seven lines of text. A GM's speech has a white background behind it. Are you going to say you missed at least seven lines with a white background on the text or didn't notice the background?

I doubt this highly.
Back to top Go down
Nicksterr
Boss.
Boss.
Nicksterr

PostSubject: Re: Pillowman25's Ban Appeal   Pillowman25's Ban Appeal EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 8:02 pm

Legion wrote:
So you didn't notice it was a GM? Let's do a little math. She told you to leave. One. She counted down from five to zero. Six. That's at the very least seven lines of text. A GM's speech has a white background behind it. Are you going to say you missed at least seven lines with a white background on the text or didn't notice the background?

I doubt this highly.

Apparently it was Anna on her Intern character, which doesn't have white text, so that's not one of the reasons why he has no excuses, but it doesn't mean all the other reasons for him to have gotten banned weren't justified.
Back to top Go down
Pillowman25
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: Pillowman25's Ban Appeal   Pillowman25's Ban Appeal EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 8:05 pm

Nicksterr what do you mean by "but it doesn't mean all the other reasons for him to have gotten banned weren't justified." ?
Back to top Go down
Inebriated
Level 5
Level 5
Inebriated

PostSubject: Re: Pillowman25's Ban Appeal   Pillowman25's Ban Appeal EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 8:14 pm

Pillowman25 wrote:
Nicksterr what do you mean by "but it doesn't mean all the other reasons for him to have gotten banned weren't justified." ?

Your willful ksing of players and failure to respond to both requests and warnings to leave.

:>
Back to top Go down
Legion
Level 4
Level 4
Legion

PostSubject: Re: Pillowman25's Ban Appeal   Pillowman25's Ban Appeal EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 8:18 pm

Nicksterr wrote:
Apparently it was Anna on her Intern character, which doesn't have white text, so that's not one of the reasons why he has no excuses, but it doesn't mean all the other reasons for him to have gotten banned weren't justified.

If such is the case, intern characters either shouldn't exist or should not be used to conduct business. It overcomplicates things. In this instance and under these circumstances, I'm more inclined to agree with Pillowman25, then. To be banned for such a trivial thing when you've been told by a GM to stop is one thing, but when you have no way of knowing whether it's a GM or not is another category. Whether he would have left or not had it been a GM or if a GM had never came is not what's at hand; the fact is he was banned for kill stealing and didn't know he was about to be punished.

Playing a bit of Devil's Advocate here. Dunno.
Back to top Go down
Inebriated
Level 5
Level 5
Inebriated

PostSubject: Re: Pillowman25's Ban Appeal   Pillowman25's Ban Appeal EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 8:25 pm

As much as I can see your point, Legion, I really think that that's a poor reflection of one's character when the only time you'd be inclined to stop something you know is wrong is under the threat of being penalized.

Regardless of if a GM is there to witness it or not, the bottom line is that kill stealing is wrong and shouldn't be done.
Back to top Go down
Legion
Level 4
Level 4
Legion

PostSubject: Re: Pillowman25's Ban Appeal   Pillowman25's Ban Appeal EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 8:46 pm

I won't deny it's poor character. However, in the end, would you yourself not break the law should there be no consequences? The game is essentially no rules, no regulations when no GMs are on/around. It's up to the players themselves to deal with issues, as it should be. If we really need GMs to solve every petty dispute, we have a problem with the community.

I can't really fairly weigh in on this. I would by all means be against if it was Anna on her GM character, but if it was on a character that bears no evidence to being a GM, then I cannot get behind it. I'll stay out of this for now.
Back to top Go down
Pillowman25
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: Pillowman25's Ban Appeal   Pillowman25's Ban Appeal EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 11:45 pm

There could be any random character called Annabelle or whatever the name is. Just because it seems to have something relating to Anna, doesn't mean there was a high chance it was Anna. I don't have much more to say except that I'm sorry and hope you guys realized I put alot of time into that account.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pillowman25's Ban Appeal   Pillowman25's Ban Appeal Empty

Back to top Go down

Pillowman25's Ban Appeal
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next