SoulMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SoulMS

SoulMS Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Can't Install v88

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Karls
Noob
Noob

Can't Install v88 Empty
PostSubject: Can't Install v88   Can't Install v88 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 8:23 pm

I've removed the Nexon folder and then ran the setup. It then says "An error occurred during installation. Please try again." So I click Ok and it says: "Error Code = -40 Installation failed.(15206,0)". I don't know what the problem is, any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Edit: I'm running Windows 7 64bit. I've also downloaded the Net Framework 3.5 however that won't even open so I'm not sure if thats the problem? I have no idea.
Back to top Go down
Fawlcon
Level 3
Level 3
Fawlcon

Can't Install v88 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can't Install v88   Can't Install v88 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 9:11 pm

Fawlcon wrote:
Alright well lets start off from scratch.
Go to control panel -> uninstall a program -> maplestory

Go to the downloads page (http://soulms.net/?page=download) and download

"MSSetupv88"
and put it in a folder called "Nexon" (or anything you want. I have mine called PrivateNexon)
make sure its like this thou. C:/Nexon
If you have windows vista or windows 7:
*right click on the MSSetupv88 (you should be able to find this setup in your downloads folder or if you have firefox, Ctrl+J and right click MSSetup and press "go to containing folder" or something like that)
*Go to Properties, and go to compatibility, and from the drop down menu, press "windows vista" and click the "run as admin" box.
* Now run the setup, and let it install.

Now go on and download "Game Launcher" from that same page.
When it asks you where to put the files, make sure it goes to the file where Maplestory v88 is. (like C:/Nexon, or if you were following the PrivateNexon thing, it would be C:/PrivateNexon)

After that click on SoulMS.exe inside that folder of ours and type in your info. When you click enter, it should come up with that little updater box with the little mushroom in the bottom right hand corner that says "Start".

Now you should be able to play the game.

Try following that. Tell me if some other problem pops up.
Back to top Go down
Karls
Noob
Noob

Can't Install v88 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can't Install v88   Can't Install v88 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 9:18 pm

I did exactly that up untill the install again, and the same error happened. I'm currently half way through downloading another setup, however it takes like 5 hours and I'm planning on sleeping way before it finishes. I shall try this again either early tomorrow morning or after college and post the results, thanks.
Back to top Go down
Fawlcon
Level 3
Level 3
Fawlcon

Can't Install v88 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can't Install v88   Can't Install v88 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 11:05 pm

Alright man,

Some things I can try and list to hopefully help you:

*)Update your anti-virus / do a scan
*)Make sure your firewall allows Maplestory
*)Try making sure that the compatibility is set on Windows Vista on the Installer
*)Update your drivers
*)Update your directx
Back to top Go down
Hugo
Boss.
Boss.
Hugo

Can't Install v88 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can't Install v88   Can't Install v88 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 2:00 am

I have the full v.88 folder uploaded in 3 parts in .rar on the web.
Ask me if you need em, might be a little slower but no installation needed.
Back to top Go down
Karls
Noob
Noob

Can't Install v88 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can't Install v88   Can't Install v88 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 11:04 am

I reinstalled the game and then had the -21460001 error or something like that but managed to fix it, and am playing now by the name Karl, thanks Smile

Edit: I just closed the game and tried to run it again and nothing happens after clicking the blue Start Game button, just the Hackshield loads up and that's all. Also I have to end the task before I can run it again, it doesn't do it itself. And is it normal for a website (that doesn't work) to pop up when I click on Login? That's annoying.

Edit2: Fixed the login. Also when I change to Windowed Mode I get an error but it still manages to change, so I don't get what that is either.
Back to top Go down
Fawlcon
Level 3
Level 3
Fawlcon

Can't Install v88 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can't Install v88   Can't Install v88 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 1:33 pm

Yeah whenever the "doesnt do anything after i press login" problem comes up, make sure you delete maplestory.exe and soulms.exe processes from your task manager, then try again.
Back to top Go down
Karls
Noob
Noob

Can't Install v88 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can't Install v88   Can't Install v88 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 2:49 pm

Do I have to extract the .rar file everytime I want to play the game again? I've followed the step 8 on the guide however I still have to do it everytime which is quite annoying too. Also is their a way to stop that website coming up when I click log in at the launcher? And also is there a way for the process to end itself when I close MS?
Back to top Go down
Fawlcon
Level 3
Level 3
Fawlcon

Can't Install v88 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can't Install v88   Can't Install v88 EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 7:25 pm

-no you dont to extract anything.
-I dont get the website whenever I press log in o.o
-Um i dont think so but you can try looking it up on google.

EDIT: Oh i see what your talking about with the .rar

I don't know you may need to, perhaps he has a file that makes your comp work with MS?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Can't Install v88 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can't Install v88   Can't Install v88 Empty

Back to top Go down

Can't Install v88
Page 1 of 1