SoulMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SoulMS

SoulMS Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Flash Jump / Down-Jump Glitches

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Aricaro
Noob
Noob

Flash Jump / Down-Jump Glitches Empty
PostSubject: Flash Jump / Down-Jump Glitches   Flash Jump / Down-Jump Glitches EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 4:59 pm

Problem(s): Glitches with Dual Blade's Flash Jump & Down-Jumping (Hermit's flash jump not tested).

Details Of Problem(s): When using the dual blade's flash jump, items will disappear for a second or two (sometimes monsters, too). For the time the items disappear, the player won't be able to attack or use skills against monsters (even if they're visible) or pick up items. This also happens sometimes when down-jumping from a platform, it might be unrelated but it is still worth checking out.

Suggestions on possible ways to fix the problem(s)(If there are any): I don't know what is causing it, but you could compare the source of both the hermit's and the dual blade's flash jump skills to see if there's any difference between those (in case the glitch does not affect the hermit's flash jump, which I haven't tested and am not aware of).

Any extra information: Pets won't pick up items that aren't visible.

Back to top Go down
Inebriated
Level 5
Level 5
Inebriated

PostSubject: Re: Flash Jump / Down-Jump Glitches   Flash Jump / Down-Jump Glitches EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 7:03 pm

I'm not going to check now because I'm not on my computer with maple, but I'm 90% sure that this isn't a FJ-associated issue.

Try going to the top of a high monster map (maybe somewhere in Ludi?), and fall all the way down at once. You'll likely encounter the same problem. Thus, your guess in the detailing of the problem is correct, falling and FJ are related.

This has happened in most servers I've played, and I guess (especially when that there's a lot of spawn and drops), that there's a delay in the server relaying all that information to the client, and vice versa. You see this problem with FJ + Haste because to my knowledge it's the fastest skill combination available to any job to cross maps. I don't think you can fix this issue. It's basically just a smaller-scale, momentary server lag.
Back to top Go down
lifedistroy
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: Flash Jump / Down-Jump Glitches   Flash Jump / Down-Jump Glitches EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 10:12 pm

Inebriated is correct. all i have to say.

it takes time to register the items + monsters ect.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flash Jump / Down-Jump Glitches   Flash Jump / Down-Jump Glitches Empty

Back to top Go down

Flash Jump / Down-Jump Glitches
Page 1 of 1