SoulMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SoulMS

SoulMS Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Portuguese people. I applaud you. <Video Inside>

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Bucko
Level 3
Level 3
Bucko

Portuguese people. I applaud you. <Video Inside> Empty
PostSubject: Portuguese people. I applaud you. <Video Inside>   Portuguese people. I applaud you. <Video Inside> EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 4:08 am

was

Last edited by Bucko on Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SoulBot
Boss.
Boss.
SoulBot

PostSubject: Re: Portuguese people. I applaud you. <Video Inside>   Portuguese people. I applaud you. <Video Inside> EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 4:36 am

Amazing?
Are you fucked in the head, kid?
How can you call that amazing?
The guy sings for a living, and he is WAY more fucking talented than the average pop star moron now.
IE: Miley Cyrus, Jonas Brothers, Katy Perry, Lil Wayne. Etc. At least he SINGS.

And people throw ROCKS at him? I hope whoever fucking did that gets some sort of terrible incurable fucking sickness that ruins their whole life.

What fucking moronic person would buy tickets for a concert just to ruin it for everyone else who's there? What a fuckhead.

You're straight up a complete idiot for saying that's "amazing". Seriously.
Back to top Go down
Bucko
Level 3
Level 3
Bucko

PostSubject: Re: Portuguese people. I applaud you. <Video Inside>   Portuguese people. I applaud you. <Video Inside> EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 4:48 am

was

Back to top Go down
SoulBot
Boss.
Boss.
SoulBot

PostSubject: Re: Portuguese people. I applaud you. <Video Inside>   Portuguese people. I applaud you. <Video Inside> EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 5:15 am

I happen to respect anyone who gets into that business through talent, rather than their looks or whatever else these morons get into the music business for now a days.

Yeah, Creed had some good songs way back when, as does Nickelback.

And it's not Nickelback's fault in the slightest that they were playing at a metal festival. You do realize that festival ASKED THEM to be there, that's how that shit works. It's not like Nickelback OFFERED. (My mom works in that business here, so I know enough about how it works.)

So if anything the Portugese people are the idiots, not Nickelback. Since they're the ones who asked him to be at their festival.

Do tell me, what do you dislike about Nickelback? Is it that he's untalented?
His music is good, his voice is good, he can play the guitar well. I see nothing wrong with him, he does exactly what he wants, the music suits him, and he doesn't try to be something he's not. Again, like most of the popular music now, he isn't some fake auto-tuned faggot.
Back to top Go down
Bucko
Level 3
Level 3
Bucko

PostSubject: Re: Portuguese people. I applaud you. <Video Inside>   Portuguese people. I applaud you. <Video Inside> EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 5:36 am

was

Back to top Go down
Kristine
Boss.
Boss.
Kristine

PostSubject: Re: Portuguese people. I applaud you. <Video Inside>   Portuguese people. I applaud you. <Video Inside> EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 5:39 am

Wow, IMO whoever threw those rocks were a bunch of douche bags o:
It's not easy to perform, or even in general live the life of an entertainer.
They are obviously lacking common courtesy. You don't see me throwing my pencil at my professor because she bores me. I sit there and I deal with it because that's what I paid for. I could have easily went on ratemyprofessor.com and picked a better professor, so it is technically my fault. So there is your correlation if you were wondering. I paid for that class and they paid for that concert. The least they could have done was respect the performers for trying to entertain them, because it is not easy.
The fact that they were disrespected to an extent that they decided to leave the stage, shows the immaturity of the crowd.

So my question to you, what music do you listen to?
Back to top Go down
Bucko
Level 3
Level 3
Bucko

PostSubject: Re: Portuguese people. I applaud you. <Video Inside>   Portuguese people. I applaud you. <Video Inside> EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 5:41 am

was

Last edited by Bucko on Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:50 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kristine
Boss.
Boss.
Kristine

PostSubject: Re: Portuguese people. I applaud you. <Video Inside>   Portuguese people. I applaud you. <Video Inside> EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 5:44 am

You don't have to actually list all of the artists that are in your iTunes.
Give me a genre and one band/artist, and we can go from there.

I'm just trying to see what you consider entertainment.
I don't mind Nickelback and I respect your opinion if you think they are not the best.
Not every artist out there is to my fancy either; however, I would never pay to watch someone entertain me then completely disregard their sincerity by throwing rocks at them.

Last edited by Kristine on Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SoulBot
Boss.
Boss.
SoulBot

PostSubject: Re: Portuguese people. I applaud you. <Video Inside>   Portuguese people. I applaud you. <Video Inside> EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 5:47 am

Why would you say no to free money? Obv they'd say yes.
The guy asked Nickelback to play at a metal concert, clearly whoever organized that concert was a moron. I see no reason for Nickelback to turn down money from a major festival(or what looked to be one from the amount of people there). So it's in no way Nickelbacks fault. If someone offered you $10000 would you sing at a high school talent show, even though you're not even their age? Yes, because that's $10,000 and you'd be stupid to not say yes.
Doesn't mean you FIT IN there, but you still get the $. That's why they did it too.

Yeah, compared to the average guy he can play the guitar well. I didn't say he was any Santana or w.e, but he does play it well enough to make him famous, apparently.
The guy has talent, I hate Pavarotti's voice in it's own way, doesn't mean that guy doesn't scream talent.
YOU may not like it, doesn't mean it's not good.
Back to top Go down
Bucko
Level 3
Level 3
Bucko

PostSubject: Re: Portuguese people. I applaud you. <Video Inside>   Portuguese people. I applaud you. <Video Inside> EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 6:00 am

was

Last edited by Bucko on Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SoulBot
Boss.
Boss.
SoulBot

PostSubject: Re: Portuguese people. I applaud you. <Video Inside>   Portuguese people. I applaud you. <Video Inside> EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 6:12 am

Maybe the concert organizers gave them a lot of money? How do you know? You don't. No one does. No one knows their exact reason for going there, so arguing about the reason is moronic. They were there, they had their reasons to go there. The people had their reasons to throw the rocks, but it was moronic, immature, and selfish. So stop trying to justify the fact that they spent $ to go and throw rocks at a guy that some people might actually have been enjoying. They were assholes, you defending them just makes you look like a selfish twit as well.

And yes, most people would like Pavarotti's voice, but not EVERYONE. There are people who won't, there always are.
Back to top Go down
Bucko
Level 3
Level 3
Bucko

PostSubject: Re: Portuguese people. I applaud you. <Video Inside>   Portuguese people. I applaud you. <Video Inside> EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 6:17 am

was

Last edited by Bucko on Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SoulBot
Boss.
Boss.
SoulBot

PostSubject: Re: Portuguese people. I applaud you. <Video Inside>   Portuguese people. I applaud you. <Video Inside> EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 6:37 am

Okay well after that response I pretty much have no reason to consider you someone with even the slightest bit of common sense.
God some of the kids on this server....really. . .

After I say that, all you can come up with is more if your own opinions about a band. Your OWN opinions, not FACT that was PROVEN by some sort of science or religion or law, but your own opinions. Which mean nothing, as there are other people who can completely disagree.

The world has become naive >:
All I'm saying is that I disagree with the actions at that concert, which are wrong no matter what you say. I'm also saying I enjoy Nickelback music, and to me they aren't shit at all.

And the fact that you'll call someone "shit" because they're defending music they like is just full of fail, as well.

Anyways no more reason to respond to you due to your stupidity. . .so bye c:

Last edited by Anna on Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bucko
Level 3
Level 3
Bucko

PostSubject: Re: Portuguese people. I applaud you. <Video Inside>   Portuguese people. I applaud you. <Video Inside> EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 7:12 am

was

Back to top Go down
Nicksterr
Boss.
Boss.
Nicksterr

PostSubject: Re: Portuguese people. I applaud you. <Video Inside>   Portuguese people. I applaud you. <Video Inside> EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 11:00 am

Uhm Kiss sold over 100 million albums... And the 70-80's were glory years for hard rock bands like Kiss, just because they were before your time doesn't mean others have forgotten them. There would simply be too much to talk about if we always talked about bands back in the day.

If this is indeed a metal concert they were in the wrong for even accepting to go there, but to go as far as calling Nickelback a bad band is just purely preferential and not backed up by any facts. If you really want to know the facts i can always share some.

Quote :
Nickelback is one of the most commercially successful Canadian groups, having sold 30 million records worldwide.[2] Nickelback ranks as the 11th best selling music act of the 2000s, and is the 2nd best selling foreign act in the US behind The Beatles for the 2000s.[3] In December 2009, Nickelback were ranked 7th on Billboard Magazine's list of "Artists of the Decade" - both the highest-ranked band and the highest-ranked rock artist in the list.[4] Billboard Magazine also named Nickelback as the Adult Pop Artist of the decade.

Now, the real reason I decided to post in this thread was to address the fact that you are cheering on people to throw rocks at a persons work. Those guys bust their ass touring and making new songs filled with their passion and love of music, regardless of where they are at, throwing rocks to get the band to leave isn't exactly a mature response. Just because it is a metal festival doesn't mean they can't take a second to enjoy a band from another genre. Sure it will lower the festival's ratings, the band should not have been there, but how cruel can people be to throw rocks at someone who was worked their ass off to make people happy with their music.

I personally never listen to Nickelback, yet that doesn't mean i don't think they've made some good songs. He has a unique raspy voice that makes his songs quite enjoyable. To call them a bad band is completely invalid.
Back to top Go down
Blitz
Level 2
Level 2
Blitz

PostSubject: Re: Portuguese people. I applaud you. <Video Inside>   Portuguese people. I applaud you. <Video Inside> EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 4:30 pm

i agree with anna and nick,

although, you can't say its the porkchops fault =P

its just metalheads in general, i don't think it matters what country. I do think nickelback is an amazing performer, just not my cup of tea x]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Portuguese people. I applaud you. <Video Inside>   Portuguese people. I applaud you. <Video Inside> Empty

Back to top Go down

Portuguese people. I applaud you. <Video Inside>
Page 1 of 1