SoulMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SoulMS

SoulMS Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What's the point of HSUpdate.exe?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Vintage
Level 2
Level 2

What's the point of HSUpdate.exe? Empty
PostSubject: What's the point of HSUpdate.exe?   What's the point of HSUpdate.exe? EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 9:47 am

Usually, on all private servers I play, the startup is not half as complicated as SoulMS is, I don't know if that's because it's a newer version or that it's just this server that's like this.

One thing I noticed abnormal was that HSUpdate.exe was needed in your HSshield folder (according to the guide), yet...

When I turn on the client, it always opens up a webpage with an error telling me to put the HSUpdate.exe in the maplestory folder, and not in a subfolder (hsshield).

So which was is the correct way to do it?

Do I put it in the subfolder or the main folder?
The first time I opened the client, it worked in the subfolder.
The second time, it didn't work at all in the subfolder. (So I moved it into the main folder, but then the screen just turned black and nothing happened)

So I'm now wondering what folder to put it in, and on top of that, what's the point of it?
Do I need it? Will it interfere with other v88 servers.
Also, I heard that if it doesn't work, I have to keep downloading the HsUpdate from the client download and keep on extracting it into the maplestory folder in order for the game to work, if it doesn't start up. Is this necessary?

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Nicksterr
Boss.
Boss.
Nicksterr

PostSubject: Re: What's the point of HSUpdate.exe?   What's the point of HSUpdate.exe? EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 10:02 am

I start up my SoulMS with the hackshield downgrader each time. I have heard many people don't need to use it anymore but since i know my way works I am willing to continue wasting those 2 seconds each time i log on. It all depends on how lazy/willing/risky you want to be.
Back to top Go down
Vintage
Level 2
Level 2

PostSubject: Re: What's the point of HSUpdate.exe?   What's the point of HSUpdate.exe? EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 10:10 am

By "starting it up" with hackshield downgrader, do you mean just clicking and dragging it into the maplestory folder each time? Or like double clicking it, etc?

Also, do you put it in the subfolder or the main maplestory folder.
Back to top Go down
2NE1
Level 2
Level 2
2NE1

PostSubject: Re: What's the point of HSUpdate.exe?   What's the point of HSUpdate.exe? EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 10:16 am

Vintage wrote:
By "starting it up" with hackshield downgrader, do you mean just clicking and dragging it into the maplestory folder each time? Or like double clicking it, etc?

I put it in both...lol
Back to top Go down
Vintage
Level 2
Level 2

PostSubject: Re: What's the point of HSUpdate.exe?   What's the point of HSUpdate.exe? EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 10:22 am

2NE1 wrote:
Vintage wrote:

I put it in both...lol

Each and every time?

Why do you have to keep replacing the old one? Aren't they both the same?
Ex.:
I replaced the old (original) hsupdate.exe with the one with the client download.
Played once
Now I replace the one I downloaded from the client with another downloaded from the same client.

Aren't the both the same files? or does something change when you started it up?
Back to top Go down
2NE1
Level 2
Level 2
2NE1

PostSubject: Re: What's the point of HSUpdate.exe?   What's the point of HSUpdate.exe? EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 10:24 am

.....I use the HS Downgrader.....I remember seeing a download link somewhere on the forums.....
Back to top Go down
Nicksterr
Boss.
Boss.
Nicksterr

PostSubject: Re: What's the point of HSUpdate.exe?   What's the point of HSUpdate.exe? EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 10:33 am

yeah i meant i use the downgrader, i do nothing with my v88 folder itself.
Back to top Go down
Vintage
Level 2
Level 2

PostSubject: Re: What's the point of HSUpdate.exe?   What's the point of HSUpdate.exe? EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 10:43 am

Wait... so you guys don't use hsupdate.exe with the client download?

And can one of you link me to the downgrader? I don't seem to understand, the downgrader wasn't on the tutorial.
Back to top Go down
Vintage
Level 2
Level 2

PostSubject: Re: What's the point of HSUpdate.exe?   What's the point of HSUpdate.exe? EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 5:30 pm

EDIT: NVM, THANKS SO MUCH NICKSTERR FOR ALL THE HELP!
best. gm. ever.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's the point of HSUpdate.exe?   What's the point of HSUpdate.exe? Empty

Back to top Go down

What's the point of HSUpdate.exe?
Page 1 of 1