SoulMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SoulMS

SoulMS Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

El applicación de LION-O

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lion-O
Level 2
Level 2
Lion-O

El applicación de LION-O Empty
PostSubject: El applicación de LION-O   El applicación de LION-O EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 10:50 pm

What are you applying for:
I am applying for a developer (programmer) and/or Game Master.

Name:
My alias is known to the public as Garrett (Lion-O).

Even though I have no real mother, they say I am at the age of 17.

Where do you live:
I live in California, PST.

Email:
Those who wish to contact me, may do so at moderatorhost@yahoo.com

How active will you be:
As a firm member of the no-life society, I plan on playing for hours a day. Most likely, on a typical day, that will consist of the hours between 4 PM and 12AM (On a good day). Weekends may vary, as they tend to be inconsistently scheduled.

Hobbies:
I find that the the fullest way to divert myself from my otherwise dull life is to participate in Martial Arts. This is all I really have going outside of the computer world. However, when it comes to technology, I find that programming and developing fills my need for accomplishment. And a bit of ADRENALINE. That, or I drink lots of BRAWNDO, THE THIRST MUTILATOR. IT'S GOT ELECTROLYTES.

How you'd handle a hacker:
A hacker? ON MY SERVER? Yeah, I'd just ban them. It's not difficult to hack, but it is difficult to revive oneself of a ban. If the administrator requires more information in order to ban, I will most likely take several pictures (if need be), or ask for a witness (another GM, perhaps).

If two people were fighting, what would you do?
I have encountered this problem several times over my life as a moderator. What I find to be the best solution is to analyze the situation. First off, I declare who of the argument makes more logical appeal. This is the side that I will take. The other person is therefore wrong, and must disengage in conflict immediately. If the arguing persists, I shall banish them to the realm of the forgotten. Honestly, it's not really my decision to make. Mediating could just create a biased situation, leaving the other person feeling like an idiot. Abusing my power as an authoritative figure, I would threaten them with verbal abuse to stop. Public arguments are usually quite interesting; however, if the public feels that there is a need to move them, I can always just take them to a map where no others may reach, for the sole purpose of blowing off steam.

How many servers have you been a GM/Admin in?
I must have been a Game Master in several servers, yet the ones that come to mind are BilboMS, HeroMS (Admin), KirbyMasonStory (Admin), ChronoStory, and MapleFresh (a while ago).

Why should we choose you:
As you may know, I am Lion-O. The servers I have been on haven't much to complain about me, other than my incessant sarcasm. I have come to the conclusion that I may be regarded as a helpful person (not really, but whatever). However, my humor brightens even the dullest of situations, like this GM application, for example. I sit here laughing at myself, regarding the carelessness I have invoked on my writing. But hey, at least I'm not Jewish (Grammar Nazi). I've come to believe that MapleStory is TOTALLY serious business, and therefore requires the utmost seriousness. Seriously. Therefore, I have proclaimed to myself that I am a serious person, and am therefore the MAN for the job. Yeah, it's not really a reflection on my performance as a person, but my personality as a comedic symbol of our generation. And not egotistic at all. Yes, I, am Lion-O.

Reason I applied:
You didn't capitalize "I" in "Reason I applied". (Please read in a deep voice, like the person who does the voices for dramatic action trailers, you know the one. This guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QPMvj_xejg). In the short time of playing this server, I have found that the atmosphere of the helpful community and active moderators provide a humble experience for a player such as I. I woke up this morning. The name of this server came to me, in a dream. It spoke to me, as if it knew my SOUL itself. An Indian tracker, by the name of "Red-Bull," guided me through a wasteland of useless Maplestory private servers, where I had an epiphany. An epiphany inside my dream. I call this inception. This sequence of visuals created a whole new world before my eyes (while still dreaming), a world of casual gaming and interactions with overly-friendly people brightened my narcissistic eyes. It led me to a world, in which I may create an AVATAR, in the form of a disproportional head-to-body ratio. I realized, that this was my calling. I immediately revived my totem from my left back pocket, which I always use to remind me that I may be dreaming. This allowed me to ascend back to reality. In the form of a valiant stride, I courageously leaped from my chambers, and engaged my computer in a desperate struggle to find the source of my dream. It was at this time, that my eyes fixated upon the banner which held the title "SoulMS." I could hardly contain my orgasm. It was, literally, a DREAM COME TRUE. With hands as quick as lightning, I pressed the button marked "download." The registration form put up a heroic fight, but I emerged the victor. I could literally feel time slow to a snails' pace, as the download slowly tricked from 1%, to a mere 2%. I cried to the heavens for mercy upon my soul, or my download. At this time, I was spoken to by my ancestors, in the form of a taco, which consistently excreted luxurious spheres of frozen dairy treats. This is when I came to the conclusion that one should NEVER mix Cookie Crisp with Reese's Puff's Cereal (which is totally bomb) before sleepy-time. They elongated my mind with evidence that I, was truly the chosen one. Yes, it was this time, that I began to see for myself that I was capable of the impossible. To apply for a position as a Game Master for the server which haunted my dreams. Yes, I knew the consequences, but I was prepared to take the challenge. The assessment of what I needed was complete, and I began the epic conquest of verbal monstrosities. I slowly inhaled, collecting my thoughts and memories of the past, and began to let my fingers flow as if they were typing on their own. The story began to conclude, as I began to see on my screen, "as I began to see on my screen." THIS, and THIS ALONE, is the reason I applied to be a Game Master in SoulMS.

Summary of yourself:
I am Lion-O. (See above)

Extra info:
I enjoy long walks on the beach. I am a kind, gentle, sensitive, caring, loving, thoughtful, HUNGRY, POWERFUL BEAST.

How long does it take for the Earth to go around the Sun:
(Gradually move from deep, narrator voice to normal voice.) Well, you see, I have pondered this questions throughout many a moons. A fortnight, even. Maybe a week or so. I really don't know. Actually, I just came up with this answer on the spot. (Back to deep voice). A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away, a man, riding on a gimpy legged Taun-Taun, reminded a young individual of the true meaning of life. It was the idea that an object in motion tends to stay in motion, unless acted upon by an ulterior force (Lion-O, 4-17). Devastation within his heart, he no longer felt the love of Jesus inside of him. He then grew older, progressing towards the dark side. We know this man today, as Charles Darwin, spawn of Lion-O. The relationship between Charles and Jesus grew more intense, until Charles eliminated Jesus in a light-spear duel. Charles began a networking system devoted to the collaboration of people online. We now know this today as the evermore popular, Facebook. This is the origin of Social Darwinism. The mass gathering of internet data overloaded Soviet databases, and ultimately created an oblong weight shift in the polar ice caps, which caused the Earth to slowly churn in place. It was this day, that dweller of the polar ice caps, and Jewish leader, Hillel the Second, passed away. It was the year THREE SIXTY-FIVE. So, in his honor, Charles Darwin used his powers to create a monument in the sky, a devotion to his memory. However, this monument was much too powerful for Charles to control. In 1882, the overwhelming power of what the ancient Mayans declared K'iin, or Sun, absorbed it's creator. It was the death of Charles Darwin. Without his presence, the Earth attempted to scour the universe in search of it's lost father. However, the tricky ol' sun cast a curse upon it, erasing it's memory every THREE HUNDRED AND SIXTY-FIVE DAYS. And thus, the Earth continuously searches around the sun for Charles, and every 365 days, it begins anew.

In-game Name:
LionO

Can you program in Java:
Yeah, I can program in Java.
function start() {
cm.sendSimple("THUNDERCATS, HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!");
}

1.Do you know the players/staff well enough to be chosen?:
1. No.

2.Have you been on Soul MS long enough to deserve a GM position:
2. No.

3.Do you help players any chance you get:
3. Sometimes.

4.Are you of the age that is required to apply:
4. Yes.

5.Please specify exactly(or around) how long you have been playing Soul MS:
5. Around ONE DAY.
Back to top Go down
Lion-O
Level 2
Level 2
Lion-O

PostSubject: Re: El applicación de LION-O   El applicación de LION-O EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 1:27 am

I really had too much fun with this application. Hope you guys do too.
Back to top Go down
He-Man
Level 2
Level 2
He-Man

PostSubject: Re: El applicación de LION-O   El applicación de LION-O EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 2:01 am

Usted es un magnífico escritor
Back to top Go down
Lion-O
Level 2
Level 2
Lion-O

PostSubject: Re: El applicación de LION-O   El applicación de LION-O EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 2:02 am

Gracias por el cumplido.
Back to top Go down
Ying
Level 3
Level 3
Ying

PostSubject: Re: El applicación de LION-O   El applicación de LION-O EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 3:38 am

Well... this was an... interesting app. Your answer for how many days it takes for the earth to revolve around the sun was.. unique. All in all this was an.. odd yet entertaining application so good luck.
Back to top Go down
Lion-O
Level 2
Level 2
Lion-O

PostSubject: Re: El applicación de LION-O   El applicación de LION-O EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 4:15 am

Thanks. The point was to be unique anyways, so at least as much was accomplished. I don't think there's much that needs to be said in a GM application other than experience, since it is (technically) a non-biased position. So, I threw some "extras" in there for a slightly more interesting read.

Also, if any more information is needed (to any of those who approve these posts reading this) I can comply. I don't know if you can tell, but it's not really an entirely "serious application." I hope that wasn't a requirement.
Back to top Go down
shakalaka
Level 3
Level 3
shakalaka

PostSubject: Re: El applicación de LION-O   El applicación de LION-O EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 6:37 pm

Your app made my day. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: El applicación de LION-O   El applicación de LION-O Empty

Back to top Go down

El applicación de LION-O
Page 1 of 1